Author Topic: New Post From Luke!  (Read 477 times)

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
New Post From Luke!
« on: December 16, 2020, 12:21:42 PM »
http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2020-12-16-lets-sum-up/

To be honest, I was beginning to worry that he died.  I'm so glad I was wrong!

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: New Post From Luke!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 01:37:53 PM »
it will be interesting to see what LUKE does next. i thought he left Banished and was working on other stuff. as good as Banished is, it would be neat to see what his 3rd or 4th version is. with most games that is bout where they get the best version.

like SC the 4th is the best. then they switched it. i don't think many picked up the newsest cut.just looked at Civ 6. it too looks like it went left and is more complex than 5.   

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
Civ 6 is an excellent game.  I've been playing Civ since the first one, and I think I like this one the best.  It certainly is quite different from all earlier ones, but it's beautiful and interesting.  It's worth your time and money if you enjoy 4x games.

Did you read Luke's blog post?  Most of what he was talking about went right over my head.  I'm hoping someone here can translate.   :D

Offline brads3

• Banished Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 03:18:23 PM »
sounded like a free build game similar to Banished but he is upgrading. goina keep the terrain simple  so our older comps can play it.

Offline catty-cb

• Trader
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 02:12:36 AM »
sounded like a free build game similar to Banished but he is upgrading. goina keep the terrain simple  so our older comps can play it.

Yes I'm hoping that's what it means .... Banished 2 would be great, much as I like the existing game there are definitely a few things that I would like to see changed

Offline banishedsanni

• Trader
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 02:53:22 AM »
I said he wants to create the new game so that he and the community is able to mod it. Rly like that!

Offline taniu

• Architect
  • taniu
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 02:26:48 AM »
 ;Dif it's true that Luke will return to Banished, maybe Banished 2 will continue - great news. I am a fan of this game, it is a good therapy for me, it calms my heart, we can detach ourselves a little from reality. Regards Luke, I wish you all the best and good for 2021.

Offline Goblin Girl

• Trader
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 04:09:38 PM »
Luke posted again today! http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2021-01-13-save-and-load/

Once again this is extremely technical stuff.  Perhaps you modders will understand it.  The screen shot of the new game looks lovely, though.

Offline RedKetchup

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 07:49:32 AM »
Luke posted again today! http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2021-01-13-save-and-load/

Once again this is extremely technical stuff.  Perhaps you modders will understand it.  The screen shot of the new game looks lovely, though.

nop, not much, lol
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .