Main Menu

Times are a-changing.

Started by kid1293, January 07, 2021, 06:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Hi.  :)
Since I do not play the game much anymore and haven't done for a long time,
I will not make mods for myself. I work together with @Abandoned
and you could maybe address her if you want something.

I will, of course, respond to errors and bugs. I stay here (or in the new place)
since this is a nice and happy place :)

Abandoned

???  Well, @kid1293  suggesting to me is not a good idea.  I do not use CC or RKEC and would not suggest you add things for someone else mods to our.  Neither will I any longer make note of others wishes and encourage you to include as I did with extra Tiny Downtown texture and other things.  If they want something they can post under Suggestions and Mod Ideas as usual.

huyle

could you please make a mod that changes the firewood's flag into something else? so the market to only picking up charcoal, instead of charcoal and firewood

theonlywanderer

@huyle

If you are making charcoal, ditch firewood all together and go strictly charcoal.   Charcoal is the most efficient fuel because you get 55 charcoal for 5 logs vs 20 firewood for 5 logs.    Charcoal has the highest trade surplus out of any other item in the game.   A good method to use is to setup some industrial ports and set all traders to only bring logs.  You stock the port with charcoal to buy logs, turn the logs in to charcoal.  It's a self sustaining fuel supply and you won't need any foresters or firewood producers, you only need the stacks burner or brickworks to handle it all.

Basically 1 charcoal is valued at 3 and ordered logs are valued at 2....  4 charcoal gets you 6 logs.  6 logs turns in to 66 charcoal.  Ports will end up bringing a max of 3,000 logs.   You can only auto buy a certain amount, maybe around 2,000 or so because of the weights, I can't recall the exact ratio.  It's a real good system, give a try and play around with it.

huyle

@theonlywanderer i use DS timber mill, super productive to make firewood, 1 timber to 8 firewood iirc, then use the RKEC kiln to make charcoal from firewood 1 firewood to 2 charcoal, a lot more efficient than making charcoal straight from log
1 log > 4 lumber > 32 firewood > 64 charcoal. very insane
so my problem is the vendors, they pick up firewood and spread them all over the markets, my charcoal maker have to travel very far to pick up firewood

katbarf

Put a storage yard that only holds firewood and wood (I think that's a RK mod) next to a firewood building and your charcoal building. That will solve the problem.

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Freedom

Charcoal gets flagged as an Industrial Fuel for me so it isn't available for use in houses. If I remember, that's because of a DS industrial mod. Anyone know of a mod that would reflag charcoal back to a household fuel?

theonlywanderer

@huyle

If you're not using CC, you don't have the brickworks anyway, but if you did it's far more efficient.  It's 4work/8time for 55 charcoal.

DS Timber Mill is 2 logs for 4 timber not 1 log.  It's 1 log or 2 timber for 6 firewood not 8.  No benefit in making timber first you use the same amount of material but add an extra step.   It takes 2.5x longer to refine 5 logs to 30 firewood and then however much longer to convert 30 firewood in to 60 charcoal.   You only gain 5 charcoal for the same 5 logs, but takes a heck of a lot longer.  I don't have RKEC Charcoal Kiln values except that it's 1 to 2 production, but even if we are generous with the time it takes, even at 5 firewood for 10 charcoal, that's 6 rounds of work/time.   Even at a generous 2 work/4 time, that's another 12 work/24 time to complete 60 charcoal.  That's another 3x added for a total of 5.5x longer just to gain 5 charcoal.  I suspect the kiln is more like 2 firewood for 4 charcoal or something like that, which makes it even longer.   Be nice to know those values.

Anyway, in that same amount of time to produce 60 charcoal from DS and RKEC, the brickworks has produced 300.

RedKetchup

yup thats completly cheating. i fixed that thing in RKEC. it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much OP.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .