News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Frenchman's Bend: trying for a soft landing

Started by irrelevant, November 11, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Well thanks, that's nice!

I think I probably do have the patience for just about anything.

The problem I'm having now is seeing how to go from pop 374 with 65 children in 108 houses, to pop 1000 with 125/150 children in 285/315 houses. I'm starting to think that in order to make a plan that has any chance of working, I'm going to need to know in detail what my demographics are now. And that would mean going through all the houses and making notes.   

Nilla

I don't think you have to. Just expand in a normal way, until you have these 125/150 children. It will probably be before you have the 285/315 houses. Than comes the difficult part.

But maybe you can find a better way. :)

irrelevant

That's just what I came here to write; I'll just start building houses and adjust as I go. As long as both stay on a curve to the target, should be more or less okay.

irrelevant

Getting hardly any game time at all. I'm still at it, little by little.

irrelevant

Well, I'm still here, despite real life intrusions  :)  Been doing a year here, a year there.

Year 66

Pop is climbing steadily, but the number of children is fairly stable; 65 in mid-57, and 69 today. This is the number I am looking at when I am deciding whether to build housing.

Image 1 - statistics and pretty farms  ;)

Image 2 - the newest settlement. No producers, just a forest node, a TP, small markets, and housing.

Image 3-7 - the overview from 20,000 feet

irrelevant

This town is too boring. The goal of flat pop seems like a chimera. I am still intrigued by it, but this town is too tedious to continue.

It is just trading, trading, trading. There is no tension, nothing to hold my interest.

Every single mod makes things too easy. Every. Mod. Is. Too. Easy.

RedKetchup

just got an idea about a mod making things harder (that i throw there is someone want to do that ^^)

if you turn all food TAG to only 'EDIBLE' (whatever it is : no more grain, no more fruit, no more protein, no more vegtable, etc)
it would very very bad for health of the citizens, very bad. and then, in order to get better health.... all food must be processed.

fruits need to be canned by a new building with new profession and the results would be canned peach... or canned pear... etc (or what ever the name you want to give)
and then, these ... canned peach would have the 'EDIBLE' tag but also 'FRUIT' tag

and then for the meat ... you can get a butcher taking care of meat  and do some ... steaks, roastbeef.... sausage.... etc.
the unprocessed meat would be only 'EDIBLE' while the steaks would be 'EDIBLE' + 'Protein' :)

so every food in the game would need to be processed to get better nutrition :)

it would also give the opportunity to have bread/cheese/muffin.... a better optimal value, for the health of your citizens, not just a trade plus value :)
the wheat would be 'edible' only, need to be milled to get flour which is 'edible' only and need to be caked into bread to get 'edible' + 'grain'
fruitcakes would receive 'edible' + 'grain' + 'fruit' tags.

ect..

that way you need more people working on the food production, less laborers doing nothing.. and maybe perhaps, you would have to choose more about which jobs you fill / and fill not ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on December 23, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
This town is too boring. The goal of flat pop seems like a chimera. I am still intrigued by it, but this town is too tedious to continue.

It is just trading, trading, trading. There is no tension, nothing to hold my interest.

Every single mod makes things too easy. Every. Mod. Is. Too. Easy.

I can understand this. I feel the same. That's the reason for my uneducated games......

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 23, 2014, 10:17:26 PM
just got an idea about a mod making things harder (that i throw there is someone want to do that ^^)

if you turn all food TAG to only 'EDIBLE' (whatever it is : no more grain, no more fruit, no more protein, no more vegtable, etc)
it would very very bad for health of the citizens, very bad. and then, in order to get better health.... all food must be processed.

that way you need more people working on the food production, less laborers doing nothing.. and maybe perhaps, you would have to choose more about which jobs you fill / and fill not ^^

This is a wonderful idea but I think to "tag" all food as "edible" would make it easier. Look at honey. I think it is tagged edible and that means it counts as all of the food-categories, when it comes to health. If you have honey, you don't need anything else to have a full health. If you make such a mod I hope you find a way to get around this. Maybe you can "tag" all unprocessed food as something else. Clothing?? ;D

RedKetchup

all food are already all tag 'edible' , thats only mean 'can be eat' it has no diet property.

honey is 'edible' but also Luke put all the 'diets' tag on it, and this is why with honey your citizens have 5/5 health

RawMaterialFlags _flags = Edible | Protein | Fruit | Vegetable | Grain;

Nilla

irrelevant

Year 81 - pop 584

So I've picked this town back up, both because I still am intrigued by the idea of flat pop growth, and also because I had the idea of razing most of the buildings and replacing them with @RedKetchup 's NMT, starting with oldtown here.

Image 1

I have 1300+ books in stock, that's 520,000 TV for construction mats, or 37,000+ each of logs, stone, and iron.

Unfortunately when I started up a save with the latest version of NMT enabled, and the previous version disabled, it crashed. I halfway expected this.

But I will ask, can anyone suggest a way to replace the Nov 14 version of NMT with the current version? I've built tailors, smiths, taverns, hunters (plus the related dwellings), creameries, bakeries, and little houses using this verion.

Image 2

To the topic of flat pop, I currently am aiming at 80 children, and have not built a house for over a year. 

RedKetchup

did you had any NMT medieval residences ?

because i did no changes about ... tailors... BS.. creamery... bakery... hunters.... (and their residences)
and colorful little house is another mod ...

irrelevant

Today is the first time I have downloaded NMT with the three-story buildings. I've built everything in the 14 Nov version.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on June 06, 2015, 07:33:17 PM
I've built everything in the 14 Nov version.

thats very very old. probably before i optimized the residences. you probably have one first floor somewhere.

irrelevant

So the little houses are the problem? Or maybe the hunter's residence?