Author Topic: Who is playing Simcity 2013?  (Read 14550 times)

Offline Kaldir

• Founder
  • Trader
Re: Who is playing Simcity 2013?
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
That one picture was indeed from the German DLC that was included in the Digital Deluxe edition.

Those trees and ground textures look quite okay indeed, but still a bit like old graphics, sorry. :)
I love that bridge though. It looks real fitting in those surroundings.

The new SimCity has little to offer for rural villages, but how about this one. It's just at the start of a new town, although you can already see some bridges in the distance.

http://worldofbanished.com/gallery/8_15_06_14_3_28_59.png height=450
Who is playing Simcity 2013?

Or these, from Guillaume Pierre (one of the senior devs), tweeted by Ocean Quigley (former Art Director):

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:40:51 PM by Kaldir »

Offline Paeng

• Banished Expert
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
Yeah, I've seen the one by Guillaume before...  :)

Anyway, quite interesting how different perception can be... you find the brandnew HD terrain textures old school... :'(  I find the 'new' SC2013 textures boringly bland and smooth  :o ... but hey, it's good that tastes are different - keeps things interesting  ;)

Well, thanks for the glimpse into your gaming world, very enjoyable!
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn

Offline Kaldir

• Founder
  • Trader
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2014, 04:01:33 PM »
Likewise!

It's good to see SimCity 4 still going very strong, especially after the SimCity fiasco (yes, even I think that). It's sad that a cool and long lasting game series has such a poor ending.
I posted a long thread about the new SimCity once when I participated in a beta. It has plenty more pre-release images of the game.

SimCity was big once for me, but only has a very small corner in my gaming world now. Thankfully Banished came around. :D

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:03:59 PM by Kaldir »

Offline kee

• Trader
Re: Who is playing Simcity 2013? I play the followup.
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2014, 12:18:06 PM »
I still play SC3000 WE once in a while. It didn't jive with win.8 though, so the only machine available is an Nvidia ION/ATOM computer that I mostly use as either a Bluray player or a workstation with remote desktop.
I find that SC 3000 is most about balancing the budget and getting the traffic to work, though. (At easy setting anything goes btw). The building creator and scenario creator that accompanied the game was valuable addons.
Kim Erik

Offline solarscreen

• Klaatu Barada Nikto
  • Founder
  • Architect
  • The prodigal has returned...
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
@Paeng in your profile settings for the forum turn off quick reply and that should turn on the quote function. Alternatively, when you click Reply, you can scroll down and click on Insert Quote then and it will quote the post you clicked into your reply window.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Offline Paeng

• Banished Expert
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
turn on the quote function.

Yup, I already got the right hints from the good folks here... Thanks!  :)
Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn