Author Topic: Pairing Up  (Read 4017 times)

Online brads3

• Banished Expert
Re: Pairing Up
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
lots depends on the  age mod and if you have schools. without schools, the bannies will try to move out  a younger age but niot old enough to pair up. a 10-12 yr old can become a laborer and move out to make room for a new baby. this speeds the population growth but causes some singles in houses. in early game without a TH,you can open houses and look fopr females that are 16.at that age they will move and take a partner. sometimes you will get those that want to be single no matter what you do. you can build 4 types of houses and they are reluctant to move. females living alone are known to have babies also.

Offline CathyM

• Laborer
Re: Pairing Up
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2019, 08:16:23 PM »
I'm already doing that "just in time" building... for lack of resources, I don't build until I see a male and female at least 11 years old... but in this game, I swear there are at least 3 pairs of "eligible" couples - and still I'm getting mostly singles! I don't even know where these singles are coming from!! There have been no reported deaths, and it looks like most couples have stayed together... so where are these middle-aged singles coming from, if I'm building as house as soon as I see teens old enough? And it's still a small town (about 65) so I can count everyone...I'm very puzzled.  :(
But thanks for all the advice... I'll keep looking at the numbers and see if I can figure out... I half-wish the names were more sensible, so I could remember them (but OTOH, they are delightfully weird.  :) )