News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nomadic Journey

Started by Demonocracy, May 22, 2014, 06:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonocracy

I had plans on putting a few select pictures into the story for the fun of visuals into the chapters of Nomadic Journey.  I'll probably do that anyway.

I have some more chapters in mind at this point. 

Is the journey an interesting one that folks 'round these parts might be interested in?  Or did it fall flat of expectations and perhaps a new direction should be considered?

mariesalias

I have not read it yet; I wanted to reply before I did.

I would suggest that you write what you like. Chances are better that if you are writing what you like that other people will enjoy it more then if you try to write what other people want you too. :)

ETA  I started to read it but my son is demanding my attention so I will finish later!

Demonocracy

@mariesalias
Words to live by, indeed.  : )

solarscreen

I read it and I'm looking forward to the next installment.

As was suggested, write this for you and grow in the experience.  As the membership grows, there will be many different preferences and opinions so all that matters is that you enjoy the journey. If we walk along with you, so much the better!

Speaking of which I need to write another chunk on my story!  Thanks for contributing!
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

rkelly17

@Demonocracy, you are a fine writer--the story brought me to tears. Please, do keep up the work and post. You could be the author of the first Banished novel.

I once heard a well-known writer (can't remember who, more's the pity) say that good writers write about what they know best.

PS: I already feel bad enough when I turn down a band of nomads. Now I'll feel really terrible!

Demonocracy

@rkelly17

D'awwwuh, thank you!  I'm really glad you felt it.

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 23, 2014, 07:39:34 AMYou could be the author of the first Banished novel.

Do you think I'd be allowed to publish?  Knowing my luck, I'd get sued.  =(

Greydragon

This is one of the best stories Ive read so far
Quote from: rkelly17 on May 23, 2014, 07:39:34 AM
@DemonocracyYou could be the author of the first Banished novel.
I would definitly buy it  :)

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 23, 2014, 07:39:34 AM
@DemonocracyPS: I already feel bad enough when I turn down a band of nomads. Now I'll feel really terrible!
I couldnt have said it better

Demonocracy

A new chapter has been added to the story!  Meet Elai the Builder.  : )