News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yesterday i was working on a ... butcher / meat vendor....

this one is taking alot of time to try to get pieces of meat that doesnt look too bad :P
keep in mind that screenshot is really not definitive
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Nilla

The "air dried ham" (my favourite ) hanging there in progress looks good. The barrel with the meat belongs too, too. But I find the little table with the meat cuts outside a bit out of place. Is better sold inside the shop. But as always, my taste. Do what pleases you, your work is good anyway!

Paeng

Good start on the butcher shop... maybe hang up some larger pieces, like a side of pork or such... and on the table have some space for chopping, and a cleaver, knives etc...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

so far the first tests works AWESOME :)

Finally it will be a .....   New Medieval Butchery :)

12 Beef =>  18 to 24 Steaks @ +1 value
12 Mutton => 18 to 24 Lamb Chops @ +1 value
12 Venison => 18 to 24 Roasts @ +1 value

they get +1 value ( 4 trade value instead of 3 ) but also you double the number of food. so it make worth to process the meat :) (for your citizens, and for trade)
i ve done simple but also logical.

as usual, i made all the 3D graphics for all the processed food

i only will have to modify a bit my mesh to match your advices (less food on table and put some tools). And put more whole animal pieces on the hooks with different size. :)
abd decide if i call it : Butchery or Butcher Shop ^^

chillzz

* chillzz *drools*  yummy steak! looks really great @RedKetchup !
as to meats on the table,   nowadays one would work inside in the western world, but back then open air is no problem ;) actually drying of certain hams in spain / italy / france require warm salty air, so the sheds used to dry them are still 'open'.

Butchery sound so much more awesome, like the french Boucherie and charcuterie . But it's the trade/job that is called Butcher, the practice of cutting : butchery, shop is either Butcher Shop (US English), or Butcher's shop (UK English) unless it's South African English : Butchery (most likely a mix of english and dutch)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

it is just cause...... butchery also sounds like a massacre ^^ like the texas chainsaw massacre which was also butchery  ^^
like the french : faire une boucherie.
i dunno hehe

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 09, 2015, 04:31:18 AM
it is just cause...... butchery also sounds like a massacre ^^ like the texas chainsaw massacre which was also butchery  ^^
i dunno hehe
Yes, thats why Butchery sounds epic ;) same as in dutch : 'Slagerij' (Butcher's shop), 'Slachthuis' or 'Abattoir' (Slaughterhouse) and 'slachten' (to slaughter). Massacre can be either 'Bloedbad' (Bloodbath) or my favorite : 'Slachting' (massacre, carnage etc.)

Bobbi

Ugh I'm thinking of going vegetarian now. But I looooove bacon......

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on April 09, 2015, 05:27:06 AM
Ugh I'm thinking of going vegetarian now. But I looooove bacon......

isnt there anything better on earth than the smell and taste of coffee and bacon ?

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 09, 2015, 05:43:47 AM
isnt there anything better on earth than the smell and taste of coffee and bacon ?
Freshly baked croissants with butter, freshly baked apple pie.
and yes, of course bacon and coffee.. ( and indonesian food :P )

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 09, 2015, 05:43:47 AM

If I can replace the coffee to hot chocolate, Saltimbocca or Cordon Bleu I sign this statement!  ;D :P

Chon Waen

@assobanana76 I don't blame you based on what we know of your personal philosophy. That's why I love this game and the mods. In this case: "use everything within, or don't". If you actually built a Butcher's Shop in Las Vegans, I would think one of two things.
Either you clicked on it by mistake, or you wanted to see the detailed structure so badly in-game that you built it, paused, looked at it, then demolished it.

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 09, 2015, 04:31:18 AM
i dunno hehe

You have problems.
Do you know what is really terrible reading? If you are looking for a dentist in your neighborhood and stands on the nameplate of the practice: "Dr. med  Jürgen Metzger" (The German name for Butcher)
The pictures you have in your head let the TCM  look like a kindergarten.  ;D