News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wiki?

Started by kralyerg, October 07, 2023, 04:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kralyerg

Is there anyone interested in helping develop a wiki for Banished mods?

I started one for MegaMod, but it's a huge undertaking on my own, so it's kind of bare bones right now.

I'm also willing to expand the scope beyond MM to include all mods individually if there's desire for that.

kid1293

I agree, it is huge, and it will always have to be updated. :(
I am not so sure there is a need for a Wiki about mods.
A Wiki about modding should be better. The serious questions
are about modding. Maybe only a starter's guide.

I can see the need for a Wiki with so many modders leaving.
There is not always someone to answer the questions.

I pass, but I will gladly answer anything that comes up. :)

catty-cb

While I think its a really good idea, I've already volunteered to re-organize the Omnibus over at Simtropolis if they ever manage to update the site software so you can expand the categories in it.

Are these any help

CC 1.75 Construction.xlsx
CC 1.75 Production.xlsx
CC 1.75 Storage.xlsx

I would attach them to this post, but WoB still doesn't accept attachment, if you don't already have them I can upload them to Kid's new club, also don't we already have an extremely elderly wiki

https://banished-wiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Abandoned

Rather than a wiki for mods, I think a posting of the individual mods with a good description and picture is a good idea.  I have not used MegaMod but I am sure there would be individual mods I would be interested in having.  There are many players who don't use the big mod set, I think, that would appreciate that.  Here at WOB would be a good place  :) So nice that it is back. 

scoutae4

Hi all! Piping in to say that I would like to help with a wiki on how to mod since I am learning and trying to compile that information anyway. I would need someone with experience to proof my content though as I don't know what I don't know. I think a wiki on existing mods would be helpful for modders as well so you could refer to a record of which numbers are already assigned to roads, etc. It would be too much for me to tackle both though.

kid1293

Hi @scoutae4 - A suggestion.
Begin small. How to set up the modkit. Basic knowledge about the files involved.
Start with what we all start with - changing things. You know.

I guess we need modders, but they do not jump up from a field. :)

That way it is possible to make modding interesting for more people.
How many have not given up after reading the Modkit's README?

kralyerg

Well, whether it's a page about mods with accompanying descriptions and pictures, or a page a learning how to mod, what do you think is the best format?

Just making a forum post about it seems inadequate.  I like the idea of it being wiki-based, just so it's more collaborative, but I'm open to suggestions.

There's a whole array of different options that I can install for free.

kralyerg

And @catty-cb  attachments work again.  :)

HappyLeighEverAfter

a clean simple design is good...

HappyLeighEverAfter

attachment test... does not accept .xlsx file extensions, fyi gave me an error message
no big, i don't care if files are .jpg images of sheets, or sheets themselves, lol

scoutae4

@kid1293 agree that's what I'm thinking and a collaborative wiki makes a lot of sense @kralyerg - Love this idea!

RedKetchup

Quote from: HappyLeighEverAfter on October 08, 2023, 12:35:14 PM
attachment test... does not accept .xlsx file extensions, fyi gave me an error message
no big, i don't care if files are .jpg images of sheets, or sheets themselves, lol

not sure if i got it right ..... retry about the .xlsx :)
And let me know if it is OK now , or not :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

One touch of the master's hand.

:) The site is back for real. I like this.

HappyLeighEverAfter

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 08, 2023, 01:30:25 PM
not sure if i got it right ..... retry about the .xlsx :)
And let me know if it is OK now , or not :P

trying again... with 3 spreadsheets...

success!!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .