News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 10, 2017, 08:10:55 AM
I haven't tried that train yet. Does it actually move or is it just decoration?

not as decoration ! extremly usefull ! but it doesnt move though

Edit : there is the ghost one :) with my new ghost icon ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i have some errants to do today ....

but after i ll check all the materials created in NMT (and others) and i ll make the Merchants and TrainDrivers being also to sell/buy all those new materials created in these mods.

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 10, 2017, 08:53:00 AM
i have some errants to do today ....

but after i ll check all the materials created in NMT (and others) and i ll make the Merchants and TrainDrivers being also to sell/buy all those new materials created in these mods.

i added all [NMT] resources to Train Drivers ... (and all their meshes, stringtables and sprites...)
they are not necessairy in ABC order but they are all at the end of the list ^^

i need to do the merchants now ^^
(and after check all other mods i made and add their resources :) like TC (training camp)

brads3

RED while you are doing all those adjustments, can the mods be all added into the NMT?? if it isn't much trouble ,might be good in 1 mod set and then they will all be under your toolbar as well.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2017, 02:23:27 PM
RED while you are doing all those adjustments, can the mods be all added into the NMT?? if it isn't much trouble ,might be good in 1 mod set and then they will all be under your toolbar as well.

make a Mega Mod of all my own mods ?
un RKMegaMod ? ^^

brads3

lol NMT 3?? add the train,creamery,camp,etc. i just thought then they would all be under your label. ;D

RedKetchup

i know >< i wished all my mods been inside the [RK] icon ^^

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 10, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

make a Mega Mod of all my own mods ?
un RKMegaMod ? ^^

That would be BIG Red;D

QueryEverything

Hahaha @elemental  :D  That was awesome.

Also funnily enough, @RedKetchup did his ketchup mod, there was (maybe still is) a brand of tomato sauce known as "Big Red".
Also, a soup ...  Saturday morning chuckle for you :D

@RedKetchup in all seriousness, if you are putting together collections, maybe theme them, so perhaps have a couple of them, or it may turn into a semi-MM, doesn't bother me as I have all of yours, but some players whose systems don't have the grunt may not be able to run it.  Although, you wouldn't remove your individual mods, so I guess it's a non-issue?!?

I love a tidy menu, so any changes to that end are welcome.  Just a shame that the mods have to do it themselves, that it's not built into the game that you can choose where they go.
I am an Excel person, I create tables (because I can), and I like to use MySQL because I can pull data as I need it - but, that shows that I like order, BUT, importantly flexibility.  So, if a mod could be searched, in game, then all the better.  So, Red, @kid1293 , @Necora , @tanypredator , @Discrepancy and all the other modders can have their own sub-toolbars, but, if their items are tagged as house, well, storage etc, they are also listed dynamically in the relevant category menu.  Because, yup, the game was able to dynamically allocate listings because it has the ability to "think fast".
It means that if a player forgets who designed their fave barn, then they go to barns, but, if they're creating a theme village they use the devs bar. 

*phew ...  that was a lot of thought, just from the Big Red & [RK] ideas ...  haha!!  Move along folks, I'm just a little crazy!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Necora

@RedKetchup I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to try it but thought I'd just ask, I'm sure it has been tried already.

In the mod kit, we can refer to the correct tool bar to add out buildings into it. Is it possible to package up a tool bar as a a mod, then use that mod as a dependency?

elemental

Quote from: Necora on February 10, 2017, 04:41:37 PM
Is it possible to package up a tool bar as a a mod, then use that mod as a dependency?

I have no idea if you can do that but it's a great idea. I mentioned this over at CC. I'd love to see a decorative items button/submenu and also a themed sets button. Then modders can put their big collections on that one instead of on the main menu. Would tidy things up a lot. I don't mind having one big menu for all of RK's stuff and another button for Kid's row houses, and another button for DSSV, and so on and so on. I don't mind all their stuff being placed together under one menu at all (the way they are now) - you quickly get familiar with the sub-menus and you know where to look for stuff. But having all those mods sitting under a single themed set button would really tidy up the main menu.

When you think about it, having so many great mods that the menu/toolbar is a bit of a mess is actually a good problem. But it would still be nice if it could be fixed. Of course there's always megamod with its nicely organised menus but I prefer to use the separate mods.

RedKetchup

almost 2 years ago i asked the developper if there was a way to make a generic icon in main toolbar (like my [RK]) and have something from another mod coming to set on that icon made previously....

he told me yes and gave me the way to do it... set it up in the first mod and all sequently mod, have the exact same code with the same [RK] icon..
but in fact , what he told me, didnt worked at all :(

and instead to go link on that [RK] icon .... it was creating 2 and 3 and 4 [RK] [RK] [RK] [RK] icons on the toolbar LOL

EDIT: Heres a copy of the email sent by the developper back in time:
QuoteHi Michel,

Sorry for the delay in my response. I've been busy with several projects.

Did you try making a new base level toolbar icon? Like

Toolbar custom
{
    int _sortPriority = 300;

// set your own string table/sprite sheet (see toolbar "base")
    String _toolTip = "CustomTip";   
    String _image = "CustomIcon";
    Action _action = ShowGroup;

bool _autoHotKey = false;
}

Each mod you make could have that in it - and any sub icons you want to have could reference it..

Toolbar woodhouse :
{   
    Toolbar _parent = "custom";   
    Action _action = Tool;       
    ComponentDescription _tool = "Template/CustomTemplate.rsc";       
}

this would show your mods as conflicting when loaded though, since they'd all have a copy of the custom base toolbar button.

-Luke

brads3

there must be a way.houses and storage goes to there own icon. CC has made new icons and mods can go to those.i'm not a modder but how does a mod tell the game to create its own icon??

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on February 11, 2017, 01:15:31 AM
there must be a way.houses and storage goes to there own icon. CC has made new icons and mods can go to those.i'm not a modder but how does a mod tell the game to create its own icon??

yes , all mods you can go ask to set in any vanilla toobar... but a custom ??

@kralyerg  ? can you give us some explainations, Please ??

RedKetchup

btw the time we can get answers from Kralyerg....

i finished to 100% integrated all the [NMT] resources :) (train drivers / and merchants are done)
now i need to add training camp, and some others... should be quick (NMT has 36 new created resources... took some time ^^)