News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

I hope it doesn't come to the point that in order to get one mod you want you have to install a whole package that includes a bunch of stuff you may not want.  :(
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Hawk on February 11, 2017, 03:56:21 AM
I hope it doesn't come to the point that in order to get one mod you want you have to install a whole package that includes a bunch of stuff you may not want.  :(

dont worry, it only add some choices at the end of the menu....
nothing is obligating you to buy those with coins if you dont have any use of it.

it is absolutely working without those [NMT] and [TC] mods :) completly stand alone.
you dont need at all to install those mods if you dont want to  :( it just add a support  8)

they are very discret (<= if that word exists in english^^)
i dont even knows if it added a +2-3 MB to the file.... it is just mostly text :)

i just added the [TC] items at the bottom of the list :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Hawk

Red - I wasn't referring to your latest work. I should have quoted the post(s) I was referring to; points of discussion a few posts back.  :-[

Quote from: brads3 on February 10, 2017, 02:23:27 PM
RED while you are doing all those adjustments, can the mods be all added into the NMT?? if it isn't much trouble ,might be good in 1 mod set and then they will all be under your toolbar as well.

Quote from: elemental on February 10, 2017, 03:51:27 PM
@RedKetchup in all seriousness, if you are putting together collections, maybe theme them, so perhaps have a couple of them, or it may turn into a semi-MM, doesn't bother me as I have all of yours, but some players whose systems don't have the grunt may not be able to run it.  Although, you wouldn't remove your individual mods, so I guess it's a non-issue?!?

I like being able to choose which mods I want to use so I don't end up with a toolbar full of stuff I may never use.
I tried to run the CC, MM, and NMT - not necessarily because I wanted to use everything included but just out of curiosity. I wouldn't have kept any of the 3 installed permanently after I played around with them.

I can run Tom Sawyer's North mod and it's great to play around with for a little while (although a bit frustrating due to game limitations  :( ) but not something that would stay installed permanently. I like going back to the default game with my choice mods.

It would be cool if mods could be installed like with SC4, where you download a main package (NAM) but you can chose what parts of the package you want, but it's not so - there ya' go.  ;D

Then there's the issue of me not being able to run mega mods like CC, MM, and NMT - but that's not really an issue here. That's my problem and not something modders need to concern themselves with.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

ah sorry !

about NMT .... it is such a huge mod... with so many things...
my brain is not that big... and i ve lost so many RAM with years....

it gives me an headache just thinking opening this folder lol.
so if possible... i prefer not go re-open it and work inside ^^

i am not sure if i want to open it and add to it everything else i did ^^
but will see later :)

Paeng

Quote from: Hawk on February 11, 2017, 04:32:32 AMI like going back to the default game with my choice mods.

Right... thanks to our modders we can now play pretty distinct settings - mountains, lakes, swamps, jungle, desert, north pole and more... with a medieval, colonial, 19th century touch, maybe soon to be broadened to egyptian, wild west, mayan, asian, steampunk, or even space colonies... Who wants to load ALL of that when starting a new town with a set theme?

Plus mods are not getting less (now at roughly 2 Gb content) - and their number will steadily rise for some time yet, hopefully... I guess it won't reach SC4 proportions (with 10s of thousands of mods) - still, sooner or later folks will have to select a suite of matching mods to use for their next game...

Even BL themselves are now thinking of making CC more modular, for one because of the large size, but probably also for better update cycles... Or take something like MM - to keep that synchronized across all published (and worthy) mods must be a nightmare. ???

I think to stay modular is the way to go   :)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Hawk

Quote from: Paeng on February 11, 2017, 05:15:45 AM
Even BL themselves are now thinking of making CC more modular, for one because of the large size, but probably also for better update cycles... Or take something like MM - to keep that synchronized across all published (and worthy) mods must be a nightmare. ???

I think to stay modular is the way to go   :)

I agree, modular would be good. That way you would have, as you say Paeng, a themed mod for a specific type/time of community (The North is a good example), as opposed to different themes in one mod.

I think it would not only benefit the players, but - again - as you mentioned, it might make it easier for modders to keep updated and keep the packages smaller.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

it is kinda NMT and TC and WB and ChooChoo2 ... they all seperate, you can use what ever the parts you want... and in same time, you can take resource from one and do something with the other :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 11, 2017, 06:02:13 AMNMT and TC and WB and ChooChoo2 ... they all seperate, you can use what ever the parts you want... and in same time, you can take resource from one and do something with the other

Yeah, to maintain the compatibility to everything is key, and I feel you're doing very well  :)

For NMT, I often wish that the "industrials" (production places) were separate, too - like the saltery, dryers, salt mine, ale stand and many similar items... if they were standalone (like the Ketchup Factory) or grouped in a smaller package, we could use them in every town too, as their architectural style is quite neutral and would fit in small towns as well...  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

presently trying to make something before wrap all this up :)

a gift for the ChooChoo users :)

Railroad : Covered Bridge.

RedKetchup

Hawk

I like those. It would be nice to have a covered bridge for roads. Hint! Hint!  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

i ll do at some point :)

for now this ChooChoo 2.0 is done  ;D
gonna post it  :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Abandoned on January 16, 2017, 04:56:01 AM
Okay, back to @RedKetchup to do list reminder :D

Know you're busy Red but don't forget:

color variants for Country Little House (Pilgrim House color match wood be good),
Choo Choo update for deco tunnel entrance (really need this)
NM Canel bridge for Choo Choo
Fenceless Cemeteries
creepy cemetery with deco items, (looked good so far)
university mod,
clock tower,
Hunter Cabin
Druids
Hobbit World
Celtic Huts

What is next ? lol

Necora

Hobbit houses that are build on the slopes ;)

And that bridge is awesome, I'd love a 1 tile wide one for roads. The new covered bridge in Journey is cool, but too large for my liking.