News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Will be back ! Suggestions made* !

Started by RedKetchup, November 03, 2016, 03:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: calli74 on February 26, 2017, 02:53:32 AM
Wow!! Yes, that's perfect, Red, you are amazing.

:)  :)

it has been made with the exact same texture that has been used for the back tower of the CC Old Church :)
i admit that is looking good too. Look old but look good  ;D

gonna go post the version 2.0 (100% compatible with old saves)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: calli74 on February 26, 2017, 02:53:32 AM
Wow!! Yes, that's perfect, Red, you are amazing.

You are lucky :)

^^

Posted, Enjoy !
Let me know how it is in game  ;D

Necora

How about some diagonal pieces to fit those road boarders?

I use the ghost wood quay trim pieces from CC to do that, but they never quite line up well.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on February 26, 2017, 09:59:18 AM
How about some diagonal pieces to fit those road boarders?

I use the ghost wood quay trim pieces from CC to do that, but they never quite line up well.

the problem is roads dont really have diagonal... only a bunch of "1x1 dots" diagonally spaced. the biggest thing is "where" you stop to be a line of road and start to go diagonal. that piece would be a pain (or these pieces, plurial).

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 26, 2017, 02:51:48 PMthe problem is roads dont really have diagonal...

Yeah, that's true...

CC has all their ground- and road textures as ghosted items, square and triangular - they are really cool to fill all the spaces in diagonals or around houses, where there are gaps (another of these tiny details that bug me)...   ::)  :)

My dream would be a standalone mod that combines ALL ground/road textures from ALL mods in ghosted models...  :D

We'd never look back, and modders would not need to worry about tight footprints or road-enabling any more  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Necora

Yeah I get the roads but I was also thinking of the ghost triangle ground decorations that Paeng mentioned. I use them to make my diagonal roads look nice, and things like the dock trim, and now especially this masterpiece, make it look fantastic because you can hide the sharp edges of the ghost road tiles and make them blend really well. All it would need to be is 1 piece, 1x1, diagonal from corner to corner like the attached image (not the same size as your pieces but you get the idea).

Necora

Hmm, I just realized the screen shot I shared would be good for corners, but not diagonals, you'd need another piece with an overhanging bit to link up to the piece there. Now I see why the dock trip diagonals don't quite line up properly...

You're right, more complicated than I thought!

RedKetchup

Quote from: Necora on February 26, 2017, 05:17:15 PM
Hmm, I just realized the screen shot I shared would be good for corners, but not diagonals, you'd need another piece with an overhanging bit to link up to the piece there. Now I see why the dock trip diagonals don't quite line up properly...

You're right, more complicated than I thought!

hehe ^^
and it need to be really centrered cause if happends you ve clicked the "R" or "T" key  at some point, you are working in game not necessairly the same rotation you've been drawn it ^^ and ghosted object are weird too !
a non ghosted piece of 1x1 , it is centered on the center of that tile. a ghosted is centered at the 4 tiles crossing point. :P at the pixel 0,0 of that tile.

when i am thinking to make a ghosted object, i need to send the center of my mesh (its relative 0,0 point) toward the real -0,5x , 0,5y of my 3dsmax ^^

edit: and a diagonal piece (if you want to match it) is longer than a normal piece. square root of the x2 + y2 ... the "hypothémuse" thingy ^^ ( Hypothetical ?? in english?)

RedKetchup

this screenshot is a better representative of what it needs to be done. of course the diagonal parts need to be longer so they touch and reach them up ... and it needs a transitional piece (which i always call "soft turn" ^^ to make the bridge between the hor/vert parts and the diagonal parts - aka the "blue plane" one)

RedKetchup

so i extended, scaled, the diagonal pieces so they can reach up each other diagonals ( scaled at 142% roughly )

and i copied a pair over the "blue plane" one. This blue one is dedicated to becomes a transition piece, a soft turn i call^^
a Soft Turn Left precisely. i will need to make one at the end to turn to the other way, to the right.

the transition part , soft turn, need to be a sum of these 2 patterns.

RedKetchup

since the vertical ones are at 0 degres... and the diagonal are at 45 degres....

i ve cut the parts of the soft turn at 22,5 degres ( ( 45 minus 0 ) and then divided by 2)
then that soft turn Left (the blue one) should give that at the end.

RedKetchup

and then i made a copy and clicked "Mirror" function of 3dsmax to make my Soft Turn Right.

Necora

I was thinking perhaps it could be simpler than that. See attached screenshots.

Shot 1 - An edge.
Shot 2 - A diagonal piece that goes from corner to corner.
Shot 3 - How the two line up.
Shot 4 - Rotate the diagonal 180 degrees and you can chain them together.
Shot 5 - Or use just one as a corner.
Shot 6 - Zig zag.

This way, you only introduce one more piece. A diagonal, that fit in the center of a 1x1 square.

RedKetchup

yeah it can work, it is just the road would be 'widther (+width?) in diagonal than horiz/vertical. but since it is in middle of the tile and you need to put another one the other side (rotated at 180 , 2x "R") you can trigger a decal and put some road draw texture on the ground.

TheOtherMicheal

Hey @RedKetchup I believe English is not your native language, is that correct? In English we would drop the 'th' from width and make it 'wider' to indicate that something had more width. We have such a collection of words in English that were borrowed from other languages that it gets a little crazy sometimes!  ;D