irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

@RedKetchup You're right, I will be.  :D

Early Spring 39. Cross river expansion in two directions. Pop 608.

Screen 1 - Eastfield. Monster farms.

Screen 2 - Cross River North. Still not sure what this is going to be. But I have standardized my market layout to include 9 houses and all four resource producers. Gives 3 vendors, 4 professionals, and 11 builders/laborers/farmers/traders/whatever.

RedKetchup

looks like you are going for another 694 farmers :)))

irrelevant

Can't eat meat, gotta eat something! Plus huge surplus of food is excellent in trade. It's not like the merchants can discount it.

Late Autumn 39, briefly went over 100k food stored. Course that didn't include the 25k that's in the TPs.

Screen 1 - standard market kit.

irrelevant

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Early Spring 44 - trying something new at Northport. No farms! Gatherers instead. @RedKetchup should be pleased. ;D 

Doubled up on everything else at that market though, ports, choppers, tailors, blacksmiths, taverns. Seeing if a port, barns, and stockpiles can handle produced resources as well as a market can. So far, so good.

Up to pop 801. 134k food in the bank. May put down some boarding houses, see if I can get a reasonable batch of nomads. I got ideas.... 8)

irrelevant

Down south at Nomad Gap, nothing much has happened in the 15 or so years since I accepted my last batch of nomads. I just can't get construction materials down here, except the hard way, one painful building at a time. So much potential here though. So what I'm thinking is to burn all those bulging stockpiles up north by the ports, and everything in between as well, and force all the logs, stone, and iron to come down here. Put up some boarding houses, accept the next batch of nomads, and voila! instant development.

The markets are laid out, out in the woods.

RedKetchup

thanks you :) but.... you absolutly need to pair your gatherers huts with foresters, a must to do :)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  I don't really need the logs, and anything I build there I'll be tearing out again before too long anyway, but does pairing up with foresters help the gatherers somehow?

irrelevant

Summer 45

Screen 1 - Unreal, nomads, just like that. Plus the master builder achievement (it was the 5 boarding houses, I remember scoffing at that achievement, "5 boarding houses, who would ever build that?" :o

Screen 2 - the nomad happy dance. Never saw it before. I think you only can get it if you are paused and focused down close when you accept.

Screen 3 - Farms at Nomad Gap. It's only fitting that they should be the ones to make this expansion down here; it was also nomads built Nomad Gap village at the top there, back in 29-30.

Oh yeah, and now there's 3 cases of the mumps. They popped up clear on the other side of the town from where the nomads are.

Screen 4 - they may not be good resource producers, but they have no shortcomings when it comes to providing supplies for themselves! Pretty well-balanced diet, too.  ;) But also, they make great laborers, and builders too; I mean after all they may be slower but it's not like they use more logs or stone. Really good for doing clear-cutting, heh-heh. Wonder how long it will take me to denude this corner of the map?

Screen 5 - the coming expansion at North Port. Going to be similar to what has already been done up there in the western half: double up on choppers, tailors, taverns, and blacksmiths at the single market, let barns and stockpiles supply the extra producers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 11, 2014, 06:03:47 AM
@RedKetchup  I don't really need the logs, and anything I build there I'll be tearing out again before too long anyway, but does pairing up with foresters help the gatherers somehow?

it isnt a question of logs... just put 1 forester plant only, just for maximize your gatherer output after you can let it empty or demolish it

irrelevant

Okay, sold.

Summer 49

Screen 1 - Northport is filling out nicely.

Screen 2 - The nomads said that instead of farms they wanted to operate a mega-forest node.

RedKetchup

over 1100 people now ? nice. going good :)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 11, 2014, 11:35:04 PM
Screen 2 - The nomads said that instead of farms they wanted to operate a mega-forest node.

So many years of wandering in the forest are hard to give up.