News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Rickettsville, a vegetarian experiment

Started by irrelevant, June 30, 2014, 05:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

So I've got 120 wooden houses. They burn maybe 2500-3500 more firewood a year than that many stone houses do.

On the other hand to upgrade them would cost around 4500 stone (net of what would be recovered from demolition). I think I'll just build a couple more choppers, and save my stone for TPs, blacksmiths, tailors, taverns, markets, and more houses!  ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 26, 2014, 08:10:10 AM
So I've got 120 wooden houses. They burn maybe 2500-3500 more firewood a year than that many stone houses do.

On the other hand to upgrade them would cost around 4500 stone (net of what would be recovered from demolition). I think I'll just build a couple more choppers, and save my stone for TPs, blacksmiths, tailors, taverns, markets, and more houses!  ;)

I had no idea the numbers could get that big! At present in Antre, my trading challenge settlement, stone is more plentiful than firewood so I may get to work upgrading log cabins to stone houses. Of course, stone houses also require more logs, so . . . .

irrelevant

@rkelly17  The choice between wooden and stone houses is a an evil feature of this game. There's always pain; you can choose lots of pain today, or a little bit of pain forever.

irrelevant

More befores and afters-.

Screen1, 2, & 3 -- Early Winter 84, Early Autumn 85, and Early Winter 85

Screens 4 & 5 -- Late Spring 70 and Early Winter 84

Screens 6, 7 & 8 -- Late Spring 70, Winter 84, and Late Winter 84

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 26, 2014, 10:09:04 AM
@rkelly17  The choice between wooden and stone houses is a an evil feature of this game. There's always pain; you can choose lots of pain today, or a little bit of pain forever.

Ah, yes, the essence of life.

;D >:(

irrelevant

Then and now.

Screen 1 & 2 -- Late Summer 83, Autumn 88

RedKetchup

nice :) over 2.5k pop :)

soon you will try to beat my 406 nomads :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

I keep hoping for a big horde of them to show up, but it's just 150 here, 200 there, not even worth the trouble  ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on July 27, 2014, 09:35:41 PM
I keep hoping for a big horde of them to show up, but it's just 150 here, 200 there, not even worth the trouble  ;)

hehe 406 is pretty exceptionnal :)
i dont think Geronimo can handle more. over 50% are non educated and i have double the amount of families versus homes.
so i m working on the little sister of Geronimo :) Geronimo has a seed of 7505 , and this one , i called ' One ' has 7552 as seed. alot of very good maps in 7500s range :)
(like 7505, 7512, 7527, 7530, 7539, 7544, 7548, 7552...)

Good luck Mon Ami :)

EDIT: i finished to check all 7500s up to 7599 , nothing important, maybe 7576 if not too picky... and 7585. i checked all 7400s too : nothing at all.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup  Thanks! And thanks for the tip on the map seeds. So far I've just been going with random numbers and do-overs. I'll take a look at yours.

irrelevant

Then and now

Screen 1 & 2 -- Late Summer 81, Early Spring 89

I love big long bridges, they really help with logistics.

irrelevant

So I spent the whole day dealing with merchants. Trying something I had read about someplace. As each merchant arrived I bought as much from him as I could afford. In lots of cases I bought everything he had I was interested in. But the food merchants had way more fruit (that's all they bring now, 20,000 and 30,000 at a pop) than I could afford to spend things like iron tools and wool coats on. So I bought what I was comfortable with, and changed my desired inventory to include a couple thousand beans and corn. And I left all the merchants' windows open until I had them all. Then I went back through, bought whatever additional fruit I could, which at several TPs was a considerable amount, as enough time had passed that I had fully reloaded. I dismissed them all at the same time. That means several months of not having to deal with merchants at all, and they will possibly all return in a narrow enough window that I can do the same thing from now on without it being a big deal. We'll see.

So I'm going to use the time to work on tweaking my town and expanding farmland one forest node at a time, without having constantly to look over my shoulder at merchants arriving.

RedKetchup

yeah i gave up, and i deleted like 75% of all my TPs, and selling all my 200k ales :S

irrelevant

200k ale??!?!? How many taverns do you have? :o

I've produced 360,000 ale, but I've had to sell 330,000 of it to buy stuff.  ;)

Hoo boy. Log crisis. Had to turn off all the tool production, and some of the choppers. When are those merchants coming back again?  ;D

RedKetchup

14 taverns, i made 136642 ales so far, all the other ales i had , i bought them in exchange of things i didnt need.
i sold alot, really alot lately, just focusing to maintain this 3000 pop at flow on everything.

I am still extremly happy with this city, my first 3k city :) still alot of space to extend (all the forest in the South i dont even use it) but....... man, the game is crashing every 1-5 mins, i dunno why :( never happended to me before.