News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Horses need stables?

Started by mrbisonm, February 22, 2016, 10:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

I finally was able to buy some horses, although I have no idea where they came from, but now I am stuck with them in the boxstall of the traders and no place where to put them. I build a animal pen and a lot of choices came up. Cows, Llamas, Sheep, Chicken, Bison, Pigs etc were there, but no horses.
So......does anyone know where to put them?
Thanks

Fred

Glenn

Horses normally show as an animal available for placing in a animal enclosure.

However, I have seen a new animal purchase disappear because you left the animal at the trader for too long and you either have to buy the animal again or use the debug ( extra animals ) to create more livestock.

The debug will allow you to have replacements for any animal you have lost this way.

As a thought you could build three joining fenceless enclosures '' T'' shaped with a gap  between the horizontal and vertical enclosures and use the covering mod to build a horse shelter.

I use this mod all the time and only wish it was available in a variety of textures.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Glenn on February 22, 2016, 03:58:06 PM
Horses normally show as an animal available for placing in a animal enclosure.

However, I have seen a new animal purchase disappear because you left the animal at the trader for too long and you either have to buy the animal again or use the debug ( extra animals ) to create more livestock.

The debug will allow you to have replacements for any animal you have lost this way.

As a thought you could build three joining fenceless enclosures '' T'' shaped with a gap  between the horizontal and vertical enclosures and use the covering mod to build a horse shelter.

I use this mod all the time and only wish it was available in a variety of textures.

Thanks for replying. The horses are in the boxstall for less than a minute when I tried to find a place to "store" them. So the problem of too long at the trader's place is out of question. And to wait to get another chance to buy horses may take ages. It took me 24 gameyears to have the first offer, even when I ordered them.
Then, the "T" method, I did not understand, wondering what it is and not knowing what you meant by the "covering mod". Is this a placable mod? I tried to look for it, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Looks like the mod that added the horses should have included adding horses to the pasture list.  Since I don't mod this game, I don't know how difficult this would be, but is sounds like simply adding to a list box with appropriate changes to the Pasture object.

I suppose one could take the Storage Bin object and modify it to be a Horse Barn.  A stable might turn out to be a little more complex if you want a cupola and all the other bells and whistles like a wind vane.  But I should think that racing stock would not be added to a farming community.

What kind of horses did you get?  I suspect something on the order of Belgians would be appropriate, but some fancy modelling could produce some Clydesdales.  In any case, farmers want big horses, not delicate riding ladies.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mrbisonm

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on February 23, 2016, 08:36:43 AM
What kind of horses did you get?

If you tell me how to make an ingame picture, I will show you. ;)

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 23, 2016, 08:43:34 AM
but on colonial Charter Wiki they say it should go in pastures

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/wiki/17-animals/282-horse-2

That's what I thought and have read also, but none are available in the pasture list, although all the other animals I have, they exist on that list.

Thanks

Fred

michbret

I can confirm that in CC1.6, horses go into pasture like cows, sheeps, lamas, ...

RedKetchup

horses should be 3rd in the list of pastures.

do you have other mods that add animals or modify pastures ?

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

A Nonny Moose

Fred:

To take an in game picture you use the key sequences outlined in Options under the Input page.  Mine says Print Screen does it without the UI, and Scroll Lock with the UI.

Looking forward to seeing your horses.  From the replies above it seems you have a mod conflict.

John.

mrbisonm

@Nonny Moose

Here's a picture of these horses. They look like some sort of Pintos.....

@RedKetchup

I will have a look at what mod might be causing this, although I never had any other game problems besides some trader's item not showing what it is (like blank and empty boxes)

I will come back later this week.

Fred

Glenn

The covering is available from this link

http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/kralyergs-kave-of-krazy-kontraptions/1514-covering

It simply allows you an alternative for an animal shelter.

I build several paddocks linked together with a small block of land with trees on it, or laneways.

On this block you can place individual animals  -- the same as in the actual paddocks

I then build a fence around the whole thing with a gate or two.

If you use fenceless enclosures with no shelter shed you can create the illusion of one large enclosure with trees for protection from the sun and storms.

With your problem with the horses -- is the mod in the correct position in relation to the CC mod  -- most of these extra mods for CC have to either above or below CC in the mods folder

mrbisonm

Thanks for the linkie, Glenn. Interesting, I did not know about this yet.

I have no idea if the horses are in a correct position in relation of the CCmod, most simply that I don't know which mod contains the horses. But I will do a lot of experimenting this weekend and maybe even clean up my DATA folder.
Thanks for the reply.

Fred

A Nonny Moose

Thanks for the screenshot, Fred.

Those guys look like regular draft horses you'd find on some European farms.  Never seen any around here (SW Ontario) marked like that.

John.

Paeng

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 24, 2016, 04:21:23 AMI have no idea if the horses are in a correct position in relation of the CCmod
Actually the horses are integral part of CC, so there is no right or wrong position  :)

Not sure why they don't show in your menu - what CC version are you using?

Horse pasture (transparent, no fencing...

Btw: there are some variations (skins) for the horses, iirc a brown and a black... they are companion mods (find them in the Krazy Kave), and those need to load above CC...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

mrbisonm

Ok, I have tried to play around with some of my mods in the DATA folder, and everytime I touch something or replace it either higher or lower on the list, the game crashes. Never had a crash with this game before.so I decided to leave it as it is and simply continue to play with what I have.

There are three versions of CC in the folder, but obly the CC Excellent adventure (I hope that this is the latest) is hooked on the list. But also I must say, that there are dozens of red coloured mods on the same list and as soon as I unhook one of them, things are either missing on the ingame menu or the game game crashes during reloading.

I don't exactly know what to keep and what not to keep to keep everything that I have ingame and I don't want to learn neither how this can be arranged nor bother with all this. Cleraning up the folder is too complicated and not associated with fun, which is what all this game is supposed to be about. And as long as I keep everything as they are, the game plays perfectly, exept for the horses, and I can easily do without them.

So, I decided to continue to have fun and forget about the horses.
Thanks everyone for helping and counseling, very muchg appreciated to leanr something new from other experienced players.

Fred

my list in the DATA folder: probably a big mess.......lol, right?

EDIT: BTW Paeng, where did you get those teepees from? If I may ask........... ;)