News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New resources.

Started by Tilleen, September 20, 2015, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilleen

Hello,

I was wondering if there is some advantage to the extra resources and food that is available in various mods.

For example, is making bread, better than having the people eat grain?

Thinking about that, is there a way of changing things so peoples don't eat grain directly and have to eat it's products.

Nilla

These advanced products have no real use, if you mean that a citizen need less bread than grain or is happier or healthier if he gets it. To the citizens 1 advanced food is as valuable as 1 raw food.

So why build any millers/bakers/butchers.......?

Some of the building increases the amount of food: You put 10 A into the plant and gets 15 B out. Others increases the trade value of the food and you can trade it for simple food and make a profit: You put 10 A in (value 1) and get 8 B (value 2), or 10 A + 20 B+5 C (all value 1) and get 10 D (value 8). If you use the buildings from @RedKetchup, they always work like this, in one or both ways. There's always some benefit. But unfortunately not all other mods. So if you want to run an efficient settlement, check the productivity of the buildings. But in some cases it doesn't matter. It's maybe just nice to have a variety of buildings and a variety of food.

If you have played the CC mod, you might have noticed that people don´t eat their flour (but grain). So the "moddlers" can change the "lable" of the food if they want to.

Tilleen

That is pretty much what I expected. Is there a table some where which lists the production or resource changes. Inputs and outputs?

Thanks.

Nilla

I have never seen such a table. I have investigated many of the buildings myself but I never made any complete summery.

Tilleen

It would actually be good if the tool tip for the building told you how much of each resources was needed and the amount of output. I have seen a table some where comparing the prices of resources between CC and NMT. I think I have seen a similar table some where else.

RedKetchup

yeah i never did a summary table for those.

many old production lines i did (like dairy) we were getting more + value for selling and buying alot more cheaper things (like an ale production line to make big economy)

most of the new production lines (like butchers) now double the amount of food + 1 value.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .