Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Specialized market buildings

Started by Bobbi, October 02, 2014, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i have a dog looking at this when i load it with 2014:

is it same for you ?
if on yours he stands on his 4 legs ... then 2015 is garbage lol ask a rebate or a 2014 version ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

It had a lot of errors importing, but it looks like yours.

RedKetchup

haha at least ^^ not totally garbage ^^

btw , if you pur your viewport as : Orthographic instead of perspective ? any changes ?

slink

Aha!  I imported the OBJ version of the farmhouse and had the option to flip the z and y axis.  It was checked, so I unchecked it.  Now my farmhouse looks like your farmhouse.

RedKetchup

HA! exactly as i see it !

now try to rotate scale and move as i show you

vertex, poly, edges, faces .... till you select all  the parts of the building.

slink

Okay, it works!  As long as I avoid MAX files, anyway.  It means I have to re-create my points every time I start working on a new file, but I can live with that.  Points won't save to an OBJ file.

RedKetchup

yeah. bah so ... good news ?

btw :

build_001, _002 ... are for the builders, the number you put = the number of builders allowed to build the building (not set inside the .rsc files)

the use_001, _002... are for using the building , like place citizen drop resources in the building, or where he goes when he is creating a resource like 'honey'

the create_001, 002... are where the new resources created appear on the map, where 'it spawns'

for a market you dont use any create_ but you will use the use_ ones, always better to have 4-5 of these ones. and 0 create_ since you dont create anything in a market.

and smoke1 , smoke2 are for the smoke from chimney. better to use 1 ... 2 ... 3 than 'none' like 'smoke' it tends to bug out(sometimes), always prefer to use 'smoke1' and if need a 2nd chimney, then use 'smoke2' :)

slink

Yes, good news.  Thank you so much.  :D  You gave me the idea when you spoke about using OBJ files to make one mesh out of several.  I thought, "what if I import the OBJ file instead of the FBX file?" and that worked, as we agreed.  Then I made some changes and saved it to MAX.  I tried the exported FBX from that in the game and it worked but not enough shrinking, so I loaded the MAX file and tried more shrinking.  Nothing happened, just like before.  I went back to the original OBJ file and went through the steps over again, except this time I saved to an OBJ file and lost the points.  Each time I reloaded from the OBJ file and the changes I made showed up in the game.  Maybe something else was the problem, but this works.  FINALLY!

RedKetchup

finally !

and will all my tricks ( i learned with my blood and my sweat...) ^^^you ll get in 1 week what it took me in 2 months ^^ lol

slink

The general store works now, although it is too dark and the "to be built" surface underneath does not disappear when it is completed.  I have started on another one with lots of individual materials.  I started to follow your example in the little house, but I got confused part way through and will have to start over.  But I did reduce the model to one mesh, so that lesson was learned.  I am tired now, so no more for tonight.  We got up early this morning to take my husband to the physician.  He had strained the tendons in his hands and arms, and he could not sleep for two nights because of the pain.  He has medicine now and went back outside this afternoon to work more.  ::)  But hopefully he will sleep tonight, and the work needs to be done.  It involves shoveling dirt.  I could help but my arms are too weak to break up and spread so much dirt very quickly.  The most I can shovel are wood chips, and I did that part already.

WINTER IS COMING!

irrelevant

@slink Shoveling dirt, or compost, or mulch, or pretty much anything is a nightmare, and gets worse every year. I had an enormous shoveling project last year (something I could have done ten years ago without really thinking about it), and it really hurt me, so I definitely sympathize with your husband. Hope he has some good drugs and recovers quickly.

Congratulations on your breakthroughs here, and well done @RedKetchup as well, for your patient tutoring.

Really looking forward to this mod; this is what I'm waiting on to start a new town. No pressure or anything!  ;D

assobanana76

ok .. too complicated to translate 7 pages with Google Translate ...  ;D
but .. you're working with animals finally free ??
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

slink

No animals were released in the process of making this mod.   ;D

I think I might be able to get six buildings together today, but no promises.  I am going to remake the one building with different proportions and give it different skins.  If they all look good, it will be finished.  I hope.   ;)

irrelevant

@assobanana76 if you want free range farm animals, you can build a pasture, put some animals in it, and then delete the pasture. They won't wander around, but they will stand around grazing and doing nothing else.

Bobbi

I never thought of that. Works for the orchards.