News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

wired horses and no mod - why?

Started by hope244, May 22, 2015, 01:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hope244

Hi, everybody!

I have found banished for not so long, mayja 4 month ago ... I liked!!! The weekend work is ended in dessis  ;D

That like everyone I have figured out, that give more for my game - mods. Uhhh great.

Now after my childhood time, comes some serious mention. One a kind is they are the horses: I'm working in the logistics and I'm wondering me, the not anyone have think about it, does the cows not only good for the butcher is and the people better using them or horses do deliver the goods from the field/store to the market or habor.

Mayja I thinking a littel to easy, maybe not. But When cows runing with sheeps and chickens in the pampa, why we cannot use the cow to try the wagon?

Of corse, I have never greated one lausy mod, this topic is only a mention for every one. Often when I'm in the middel game was, I'm thinking why we have not horse wagon's or telegraph. The buildings look like midwest in the late 19h ... (yeah sure oure littel farm :)) I mean faster communcation and transportation.

For example: The villagers are going with 5-7km/h that means 1. So that means the cow comes with 1,5-2 (some times better on the field -> better fields??? - why 8 workers on the spud when 4 workers and 4 cows on the harrow the same work cane do and on the other hand you have free people for other thinks ventor etc.) or horses comes with 2-3. From the habor comes the order over telegrph we need more wool and from barn goes a wagon with 4 horses out to the habor. Back ways they can pick up goods from the fields or or or. Is that not a quiet bit better? mayja realistic?

How difficult is that to great, can we use the deers with some modification ( I have thinked about, but I'm comes to the result, that here comes a bunch of chrsitmas gringles with a wagon full of goods fresh from the mine field or dirty from warehouse, where the are lying since 100 years :o). I have no idea, how waky is, to spinning cows and formals deers on the wagon, who already exist.

Has anyone some ideas?

Thank you kindly for you attention, nice evening

Best regards

RedKetchup

the problem is : the toolkit doesnt allow us to do those ideas you mentions. soon the horses will be in game but the only way they can be : in a pasture, like sheeps and cattle. thats all. we cannot change the game mechanics and use horse to help citizens.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

hope244

Good morning,

thank you a lot for your anser!

You say because the mechanic. I sea not clearly, sorry. The mechanic, I mean, is the same that like running people. I have no idea how is that writen, but sometimes I take some Excel mac's, (the last userform was an hallow cave  :P when they not have carefully used  :) :) :) bigboss was an happy). The order is from bottom the same ( call me stupid, I have no prob's with this, everybody K(c)(r)ows), that mean copy past for the mechanic order line.
In the mode tree of life runing cows sheeps and chickens like polar bears, mayja swimming ( I never have sean a swimming shepp in real). So comes my idea all this wonderfull of life to keep in the mixer and shake it. the order line must be coe in this direction: (or not) STORAGEBARNxx=go HABARE If pasture nothing then people Else +4 horses.
some times my uf text seas like a desis, but working very well, 2 guys (they have also the same tornado handwriting) cane handle my kaos when I'm not on place

Thanks a lot again, for the used time for me.

A Nonny Moose

It is really too bad, but the only form of transportation for this game is shank's mare.  Even if we added horses to the fauna, there is no code in the core game to use draught animals in any capacity, not even oxen. 

The only transportation upgrade in the game appears to be the wheelbarrow which comes into play when you have either trading posts or markets.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

irrelevant

Wired horses couldn't drag me away  ;) For @Nilla  ;D

A Nonny Moose

Engaging in equine husbandry is probably more than the original game specification has conceived.  It is a whole new simulation issue.  Topics would have to include:

Farrier (shoeing and all that)
Feed supplies (grain and molasses, for example)
Stables
Paddocks (not pastures)
Harness makers
Wainwrights
Wheelwrights
etc.

I think you'd have a whole new farm ecology/economy.  Would move to a different game principle.

hope244

Hello and good afternoon,

thanks a lot for the repleys.

I mean the farm economy by banished was only by the begining. When I look around, so I can see, that was a lot more. Best is, the banis try it!!

By this way, THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO HAS MADE MODS!!!!!!

Now I have fenced llamas deers Holstein cows ( no idea how is this milk... :) ).

Conlusion is, there is wild wild territory of production. But the way to connect that all is littel not so good. I see that on my habors. I have a monk of wild skin and my tanners not working very well, on every place is a barn, for the habors barn rows after them comes the big industry and the ghettos. Far away from this comes farmes and territories ... .

What is about the communication. Does we have any chance, to directing the labour army does they coordinated working, At last I have overall by 1000 banies 50 labours, ventor trade full of range, but is not so good ordinated. Some banis runing a monky and bringing not a bunny.
My idea is not so far, with sending a ping from habor to the townhall (switch) and then to the barns.
Maybe creating new roadtyp with telegraph post. Yeah you need electricity, why not a windmill (by the way together a holland grain mill + bakery + sugar bakery (sugar from the fields+grain= more happines / not only alcohol)) or water mill make sense. Also you have more funny new buildings and can fill your bani wolrd and comes more reality in the game, sorry my comment.
I have painted small pictograms, with a intens look see on redketchup grainbarn, also on the flagpost. Also on some pics of hollands flour mills. looks nice, but far from finishing to a mod.

Thanks a lot again to everybody!

Nice afternoon

Nilla

Quote from: irrelevant on May 23, 2015, 07:21:47 AM
Wired horses couldn't drag me away  ;) For @Nilla  ;D

wired?

Aren´t they wild? Roling Stones was always one of my favourites, but I always thought the horses were wild. Maybe my English isn´t good enough.  ;) :-[

irrelevant

@Nilla yes, it's wild, I was just making a joke on the thread's subject (I think the OP meant "wild")  ;)

A Nonny Moose

Reminds me of a certain middle European film director referenced in David Niven's bio.  "Bring on the empty horses."

hope244

the idea from wired horses was a network from telegraphs who send some information and the horse wagon are running from those calllers - that was my guess from wired horses. That like w-lan (wild horses) or Lan (domesticated horses) (otherwise, a horse on the wagon is wired:)).

Thank you kindly for your reply. Nice day.