News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

EMBX61's New Work in Progress Thread

Started by embx61, June 04, 2018, 05:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i thought i'd give you time to catch up before throwing ideas at you.

embx61

The flow is slowly getting better and better again after my long absence :)
It was real hard in the beginning as it felt like so much of knowledge/speed was lost and had to pull myself through that period as I was sometimes so close to give up.
But I feel it is coming all back to me now. :)
That is also why I work on more projects at the same time to try to avoid burn out.

I feel it really helps if you do some coding, then some modelling, and even to get away from this or that building and do some decoration stuff.
It also helped me a lot in the beginning to add thatched roofs to the 4x4 houses as it was more adjusting stuff instead of designing from scratch and that got me a bit back with the code and 3ds Max.

Still a lot on the list but always open for new ideas.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i enabled the resort quarry at the bottom of mod order. had dot icons on toolbar. so i moved it above your other mods.now the market set has the dot icon. when i click the dot,the market icons look fine.it did load into the save game though.

embx61

I uploaded new versions of all the newest mods because of the toolbar change.
Should be save compatible.

It should work if the Rock Quarry mod is above all my other mods though.
You mean the EB Market set i made about a year ago?

If so it not has the updated toolbar changes so keep it below my newer mods.
I just tested a game and loaded my bridges and Market set mod and kept them below my newer mods and the toolbars where fine.

I will very soon upload all my mods with the toolbar changes included to avoid the load order stuff but it will take a bit ( A few a day till I covered them all)

Good thing is that my mods are not related to load order as I not change start conditions etc. and only the overrides are better above the mods but they not contain toolbar code.

embx61

@brads3
Is the issue fixed? If I have the Quarry mod above all my other mods I have all the toolbars working.

I uploaded newer versions of about all my mods I still support after I implemented the toolbar changes.
Should be all save compatible.

Very close at finishing up the Village 3x4 houses addon which have the same thatched textures and 1 extra light wood color as the 4x4 houses set.

tuggistar

Hi embx61. Today punched activate your new mods to the Banished, and encountered a problem activating one mods.
Old List:
Banished UI Mod-on
Buxton Scetch Font-on
Better Stock Piles (DS)-on
Cold Realism-on
SeasonFX-on
Tree Daydream-on
Pine Set-on
RK Editors Choice Edition-on
Maritimes Riffle-on
Horse Wagen-on
Infections +-on
1.0.7 Compaibility-on
The Emporium Building on
CC Addon Mods.
Colonial Charter Journey 1.76-on
The Fountain Mod Highborn Society (v 1.544 beta)-on
CC Addon Mods.
All DS Mods from 1.0.7-on
Fences-EB September 13 2017-on
EB Decoration-September 13 2017-on
EB Ground Irrigation System-September 13 2017-on
EB Unified Mod V17016 Sept 17 2017-on
All Necora Mods from 1.0.7-on
All Kid Mods from 1.0.7-on
Remaining Red Ketchup Mods-on
Tom Sawyer separated from the North Mods-on

New List:
Exactly the same thing.
EB Village Rock Quarry-July 26 2018-on
EB Rock Quarry Sign-July 26 2018-on
EB Resort Deco-July 26 2018-on
EB Village Houses 4 x 4 July 26 2018 Crash the Game
Fences-EB July 27 2018-on
EB Decoration-July 27 2018-on
EB Ground Irrigation System-off
EB Unified Mod V17016 Sept 17 2017-on
Exactly the same thing.

The problem is not understood and links to EB Production Set 1, 2 not found.
Can you add EB Ground Irrigation System in EB Natural Irrigation so that it too can be used.

embx61

If you load the Unified Mod it has couple of things in that Mod what you also have loaded separately.
Production Set 1 and 2 and are also in Unified Mod for example and not needed when loading Unified.

The Unified mod need a update and is quite old.
I suggest to leave it disabled for now till I do a update and get some of the newer separate mods.
I am not sure about Unified as it gets bigger and bigger with a lot of stuff that has to be added over and over.
I have to think a bit if I want to support the Unified Mod in the future.

I understand that 1 mod is good for the mod list but many of my mods are sort of sets anyway so not sure if it is worth it to keep updating Unified every time I make something new.

The ground Irrigation is not really supported by me anymore.
The Natural irrigation Set has succeeded the Ground Irrigation.
So I would disable that mod too.

I promise nothing but will see if I can do some later a overhaul of the ground Irrigation system.

So disable unified and ground Irrigation and make sure one of the newer mods is at top.
I updated about all my older mods I still supported that have the toolbar change implemented so see if you can download the newer versions. They should be save compatible.

The 4x4 houses probably crashes because the houses are also part of Unified but not with the the updated 4x4 houses code/graphics.

tuggistar

Thanks for the good and clear answer embx61, wait then update The Unified mod. Thanks again. :)

embx61

let me know if it works out with Unified and Ground Irrigation disabled.
It should work.

Not sure if I keep updating Unified as the mod is big and will get bigger and bigger if I keep adding stuff to it.
Most of my mods are sort of sets anyway and load order between my mods are not really important if you have the newer versions.

All the newer versions are uploaded between July 26 and July 27.
All the other stuff, most are separate buildings are part of the sets and not supported anymore.

The overrides have no toolbar code so can be used even if they are not updated July 26/27. They should work.

tuggistar

Everything goes well and works perfectly without mods-Unified and Ground Irrigation mods.
At least in the game itself.

Tried to go to banished again and Crash at boot.

Can you update the link to -
EB Production Set 1:
File not found.
Possible causes of the error: The specified URL is invalid or the file does not exist.

EB Production Set 2:
File not found.
Possible causes of the error: The specified URL is invalid or the file does not exist.

brads3

when i moved the quarry mod above your  others the icons were fixed.the market that went to a dot is most likely higher in the mod order still. i have always had dot icons for the canals no matter what order i use.it opens to a clean toolbar for the pieces so i live with that.

embx61

@tuggistar

Hmmm, something must have gone wrong with the WoB site when I uploaded Files but if you scroll down there are alternate links to google drive and those work.
Okay re uploaded them again and now it works. :)

embx61

@brads3

If you download the newer versions of my mods from July 26 and July 27 2018 the load order is not important anymore as they include the toolbar changes.
Should be save compatible.

Canals you mean the Irrigation Channels? I have uploaded newer versions of Above Ground and Natural Irrigation so the toolbar stuff should be fixed.
The Ground Irrigation is old and Natural Irrigation succeeded that mod so better not to use it anymore.

I maybe will do some later a overhaul of that Mod though.

tuggistar

Thanks! Links now work fine for-EB production set 1 and EB production set 2.

embx61

Glad it works now :)

Just uploaded a new version 17003 of the wooden 3x4 village houses.
6 houses in 3 wood colors on toolbars and with 5 different thatch roofs by F key.

I mixed the buttons up between set 3x4 houses and 4x4 houses so uploaded a newer version of 4x4 houses set too to fix it. Should be save compatible.

The 3x4 houses are probably not save compatible because of many name changes in the files to avoid conflicts with the 4x4 set.