Discussion: Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 ==> available on Steam !!

Started by RedKetchup, December 22, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

the extra storage window for some buildings should be fixed :)
on the screenshot you can see the desert map from CC (CC is first in mod list)  and you can see the windows to the right of the screen : the inventory doesnt overwrite the upgrade icons anymore :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

The only issue i got with NMT now is about iron i mean. CC 1.6 changes iron to iron ore, so it will take time to get iron to build blacksmith etc.

Any solution to that?

Also Red. Is possible from previous NMT make old houses, and production buildings as stand alone mod? I must admit, i enjoyed them.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on December 24, 2015, 12:24:49 AM
The only issue i got with NMT now is about iron i mean. CC 1.6 changes iron to iron ore, so it will take time to get iron to build blacksmith etc.

Any solution to that?

Also Red. Is possible from previous NMT make old houses, and production buildings as stand alone mod? I must admit, i enjoyed them.

yes possible.

about BS, it can do more than just iron, you can help yourself with some other tools.
the change about iron bars to iron ore isnt my fault ^^ i think the purpose of the change is to make the game more difficult :)

Gordon Dry

Again about clay:

it's a pity that the NMT clay is not usable for CC brick works because of the flag (stone vs. material).

Bricks and roof tiles are also flagged as stone.

So what was the exact reason that you wanted to have these items flagged as stone?

I ask because CC introduced clay first, so please consider to set the NMT clay/bricks/roof tiles to also be material.

Or create a mini mod with these fixes to place above NMT so for players without CC it stays flagged as stone.

Gordon Dry

Ah!

I placed NMT below CC and started a new game, now it's the CC clay, with the CC clay icon and it's material.

But this way the Medieval Kiln and Pottery don't work...

So please create a mini mod to fix that...

grammycat

Kralyerg at Colonial Charter did an "Iron is Iron" mod which changes CC 1.6 to iron instead of iron ore.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gordon Dry on December 24, 2015, 03:22:34 AM
Again about clay:

it's a pity that the NMT clay is not usable for CC brick works because of the flag (stone vs. material).

Bricks and roof tiles are also flagged as stone.

So what was the exact reason that you wanted to have these items flagged as stone?

I ask because CC introduced clay first, so please consider to set the NMT clay/bricks/roof tiles to also be material.

Or create a mini mod with these fixes to place above NMT so for players without CC it stays flagged as stone.

i will obligated to give both flags

the reason i cannot flag something as material only : it is because there is nothing in Vanilla and NMT that allow to store Coalfuel (aka Material). the regular stockpile doesnt allow coalfuel. this is the reason i dont use that idea.
Gordon it is not everyone who use CC !
the only compromise i can find is maybe to give both flags : Stone and CoalFuel. to clay/brick

RedKetchup

Added : CoalFuel Flag (aka Material) to : Clay, Brick, Rooftile.
Also to buildings: Kiln, Pottery Shop, All Hardwares Store versions,

i am still keeping the stone limits.

Gordon Dry

I guess that's okay.

Can't wait for the test...

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 24, 2015, 03:21:20 AM
Quote from: DesoPL on December 24, 2015, 12:24:49 AM

Any solution to that?

yes possible.

about BS, it can do more than just iron, you can help yourself with some other tools.
the change about iron bars to iron ore isnt my fault ^^ i think the purpose of the change is to make the game more difficult :)

The question of iron in CC is more about the whole metal industry, and we removed iron from buildings exactly because it was a bit too difficult, at the same time we introduced lumber, its a combined balancing of the game. It was a comprehensive process that involved changing all the building requirements to account for the difference in trade value as compared to the vanilla versions.

You can easily make iron using the smaller versions of production buildings. Since you can make tools directly with iron ore, (in CC), and the many types of tools NMT, that should leave you with ample iron for building. I considered the impact on NMT when I redid the building materials in CC, and concluded that it should not be a problem since except for tools and foundry produced goods, we don't use iron. This leaves most of it for NMT buildings, unless you are into producing cannons.

We are here confronted with the limits of making mods compatible, you have to balance difference with doing the same thing, keeping it original while still trying to minimize impact of major changes. If Red wants to change his numbers, and needs help, I am willing to do it. 

:)

elemental

I would guess that many players prefer to use both CC and NMT. Perhaps RK can make two versions of NMT? One standalone and one that is compatible with CC?

RedKetchup

i can check some building and make sure it doesnt require a big amount of iron. if they use iron is ok too, it adds a bit of difficulty to the game and gives a use for your iron created by your forges :) (out to craft just cannons^^)

RedKetchup

i gone back in ALL the templates:

none house should use Iron anymore
all the others: if they were using Iron : all the numbers have been alot lowered down, but still use some to make you sure you set up your foundry industries :)
the basic BS dont require Iron to be built. but still use Iron for tools.
you have alot of crafting recipes to help yourself in wait of your Iron industries :)

Quote from: elemental on December 24, 2015, 01:02:21 PM
I would guess that many players prefer to use both CC and NMT. Perhaps RK can make two versions of NMT? One standalone and one that is compatible with CC?

NMT is extremly CC Compatible and CC Friendly !!!!
but NMT will NEVER be an addon of CC. NMT has its OWN Identity :)

Bobbi

QuoteNMT is extremly CC Compatible and CC Friendly !!!!
but NMT will NEVER be an addon of CC. NMT has its OWN Identity

Hear! Hear! I think it is awesome that @RedKetchup and the CC team try to make both mods compatible, as I believe it is true that many people use both (I know I do) but each mod has it's own identity.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: Bobbi on December 24, 2015, 08:47:46 PM
QuoteNMT is extremly CC Compatible and CC Friendly !!!!
but NMT will NEVER be an addon of CC. NMT has its OWN Identity

Hear! Hear! I think it is awesome that @RedKetchup and the CC team try to make both mods compatible, as I believe it is true that many people use both (I know I do) but each mod has it's own identity.
Indeed, it should never be, it has too many interesting things and the difference is really important to keep. Thank you for being YOU!  :)