Discussion: Medieval Town 2.04.1.0.6 ==> available on Steam !!

Started by RedKetchup, December 22, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

I hope everyone is having a marvelous holiday! My family is not coming until early afternoon, so I have a few hours to play, which in my books counts as a good holiday.

Some observations and one bug

Bug: In the first screen shot, the fully upgraded tavern is missing products in the drop down menu. The second screen shot is the base tavern, which has no issues with drop down menu.

Observations: The tailor and the blacksmith (see third and forth screen shots)
Currently the base tailor can do everything the fully upgraded can do, albeit less efficiently? And the fully upgraded still have just one worker. I suggest the base not be able to make warm cloths and the fully upgraded be able to have two tailors.
The blacksmith already follows this model, except for the last part where I think fully upgraded should be able to have two blacksmiths.

What think ye? Just some thoughts. I may have more as I finally have a little time to play.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on December 25, 2015, 07:25:13 AM
I hope everyone is having a marvelous holiday! My family is not coming until early afternoon, so I have a few hours to play, which in my books counts as a good holiday.

Some observations and one bug

Bug: In the first screen shot, the fully upgraded tavern is missing products in the drop down menu. The second screen shot is the base tavern, which has no issues with drop down menu.

Thanks you :) Fix done :)

Quote from: Bobbi on December 25, 2015, 07:25:13 AM
Observations: The tailor and the blacksmith (see third and forth screen shots)
Currently the base tailor can do everything the fully upgraded can do, albeit less efficiently? And the fully upgraded still have just one worker. I suggest the base not be able to make warm cloths and the fully upgraded be able to have two tailors.
The blacksmith already follows this model, except for the last part where I think fully upgraded should be able to have two blacksmiths.

What think ye? Just some thoughts. I may have more as I finally have a little time to play.

It is Open to Discussions :)

if people seconds that .... i am open for it :)

Meanwhile. i made the change about the Pottery as Kralyerg suggested in order to get only 1 pottery and not 2 different pottery.

i also noticed that the Medieval Food Store didnt had any upgrades like the other markets. So tonight i just did it :)
BUT.... But it will cause the saves semi non-compatible cause 1 change in the design of the old Medieval Food Store.
People will need to destroy any Medieval Food Store before to switch to 2.01 or you will crash.

(I will put a reminder when i will upload it and give the links. thats very important, it will cause a 100% crash.)

i want to do 1 more thing before i release it. I noticed also the set of corner house , the one with the BS/Tailor design doesnt have its proper 1st floor. so i want to make it and add it before the patch :)

Here's the screenshot of the new Medieval Food Store and all its Upgrades :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I don't know how "seconding" you will get today! Normal people are probably spending time with their families...mine will not be here until 3:00 or so.  YOU are allowed to take the day off and enjoy your Christmas if you celebrate it  ;) I didn't expect any response today  ;D

Food store looks nice. I will continue to look for any other oddities. I do have one regarding cotton. I swear my people are eating it. I see you saw my thread over on CC (I am Impervious over there)

sandysan

The family meal is finished for today, banished break.  :D

I find the idea of Bobbi, very good. 1 worker for the basic version and 2 after the upgrade.

RedKetchup , you did a great job with this version 2.0. Previous versions were already superb; but this is just wonderful for both visual and playability.

Thank you for taking your time to make a high quality mod.

RedKetchup

thanks you :) starting a bit to be good lol

joking ^^

grammycat

I like the 2 worker idea for upgraded tailor, but would love the warm clothes to stay in basic tailor also.  My granddaughter (and some of her friends) play the game and she never upgrades anything.  Truth to tell-I focus more on upgrading houses than other things.  I know-bad, bad Banshee Overlord!

paralias

Quote from: Bobbi on December 25, 2015, 09:00:36 AM
I do have one regarding cotton. I swear my people are eating it. I see you saw my thread over on CC (I am Impervious over there)

check if kids doing it...maybe they think its cotton candy  ;D

Bobbi

Quotecheck if kids doing it...maybe they think its cotton candy  ;D

Heh heh heh good one

QuoteI like the 2 worker idea for upgraded tailor, but would love the warm clothes to stay in basic tailor also.  My granddaughter (and some of her friends) play the game and she never upgrades anything. 

Maybe she would upgrade if she had a reason to. Right now no reason except aesthetics (which for me is still a good reason because they are so beautiful, but still...)

grammycat

Very true Bobbi-aesthetics are lovely.  I will adapt to whatever RedKetchup decides to do because I love his mod-the simplicity of it yet the variety of what it offers is quite appealing.

Bobbi

Ok your favorite pain in the ..... is back with more comments/suggestions/anomalies

1st screen shot:
Anomalies - the second story window for the hostel/pottery looks a little off.
Suggestion - the second and third stories for hostel/pottery corner house have no recolors
2nd screenshot
Comment - the roof on the hostel upgrade with dark brick is black, the "matching" little house is brown (personally I like the black best with that dark brick)
3rd screenshot - light brick clay roof is slightly different on the other hostel upgrade from the "matching" house.
4th screenshot - hostel without upgrade looks good with second story corner house, but the recolors for the hostel look odd with it.

I know you really worked hard to get this out to us before Christmas. I am eternally grateful and am enjoying your mod very much, please forgive me for nit picking.  :-[

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on December 25, 2015, 08:51:12 PM
1st screen shot:
Anomalies - the second story window for the hostel/pottery looks a little off.

Fixed

Suggestion - the second and third stories for hostel/pottery corner house have no recolors

yeah :( not done yet

2nd screenshot
Comment - the roof on the hostel upgrade with dark brick is black, the "matching" little house is brown (personally I like the black best with that dark brick)

yeah thats something that can happends when you try to make variations in the models offered :(

3rd screenshot - light brick clay roof is slightly different on the other hostel upgrade from the "matching" house.

same

4th screenshot - hostel without upgrade looks good with second story corner house, but the recolors for the hostel look odd with it.

will kinda be fixed when i ll do the color varations.

I know you really worked hard to get this out to us before Christmas. I am eternally grateful and am enjoying your mod very much, please forgive me for nit picking.  :-[

yeah but at least i offered a BETA :) and Beta are there for those :)

Bobbi

THAT's what I am , a beta tester!  :-X

Hope you and everyone else had a nice Holiday   :)

As an additional comment, just want to say I LOVE the texture on the hostel/pottery corner house. I suppose six choices on the houses is too many though...

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on December 26, 2015, 06:08:37 AM
THAT's what I am , a beta tester!  :-X

Hope you and everyone else had a nice Holiday   :)

As an additional comment, just want to say I LOVE the texture on the hostel/pottery corner house. I suppose six choices on the houses is too many though...

yeah 6 textures  X all the buildings... thats alot ^^

RedKetchup

i am doing all the 5x models upgrades for the corner houses that match the archeo/pottery
so far i did the 1st floor, omw to 2nd floor :)

Bobbi