News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Stand Alone Iron Smelter?

Started by Maldrick, April 21, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

@Paeng

It will not crash the game but my charcoal cannot be used in CC 's Refinery buildings (Unless they have the Custom3 flag as input storage, what I don't think they have) and their charcoal not in my glass works as I set the intake flag to Custom3 and Custom4(Sand) for making glass.

I like to add that I try to be as compatible as possible with CC but it is sadly not always possible unless I decide to let charcoal burn up by Bannies to heat their homes by just giving it the Fuel/WoodFuel flag just as in CC. Quite a few players are not very happy with that (I still remember the "complaints" that the Bannies took the precious coal into their homes to burn it) and it is not realistic either according to @Tom Sawyer and I believe Tom is right.

I personally see no need to mod a refinery and produce Industrial Fuel as it has no impact to the game, and then still the Bannies will take charcoal/Coke to their homes. IMHO charcoal and coke are already Industrial Fuel in itself and so the Custom3 flag for those items is IMHO justified.

I am not sure what load order going to do as the buildings set flags/limits too and I am not sure buildings get overwritten by highest in load order but I can be wrong.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Tom Sawyer

I still think it will work below CC if your glassworks gets the Custom3 and Fuel flag to be able to store and consume charcoal in both cases. It has to be tested and maybe it is not really a big conflict.

elemental

@embx61 You asked about firebundles. They aren't just firewood, they can be made from a number of different things including crops like sorghum and bamboo (unless this has changed recently - I haven't used them in quite a long time). Firebundles are basically a way of growing fuel in a crop field. The idea of making industrial fuel out of food crops and bamboo just seems silly to me. I doubt it would be possible in real life.

I also have to agree, I think CC has got it wrong in allowing coke etc to be used in homes. Keeping mods as compatible as possible is a good idea. CC is still the biggest mod out there. If some of you modders want to change how CC does it, then talk to kral about it and see what he says.  :)

brads3

EMBX, pulling up RED's post of the new limit flags, sand is custom 4 materials. to my knowledge reading the chart all fuel not burned by a house is custom 3 industrial fuel. is that enough to stop houses from burning it i can not say. i use the stop burning coal mod and it is still in my mod list.thatch is tagged construction but houses do burn it. i actually thought part of the reason for the tags was so houses didn't burn the charcoal and coal. the only fuel i have made in a long time is charcoal when testing NECORA's pine mods.

embx61

@brads3

I think Industrial Fuel is the only fuel with the Custom3 flag in CC

embx61

Loaded CC with my Production Set 2 Mod
I build my charburner and a small CC refinery and it seems the refinery was taking the charcoal so I guess they have a storage flag for Custom3 in the Refinery?

Only thing is that in the Townhall my charcoal is of course added to the Industrial Fuel limits and are counted together with CC's Industrial Fuel.

But at least it seem to work with CC.

I release Production Set 2 tomorrow as a beta and hopefully get some feedback about the workings with CC from players who play with both.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on May 06, 2017, 07:11:35 PM
Loaded CC with my Production Set 2 Mod
I build my charburner and a small CC refinery and it seems the refinery was taking the charcoal so I guess they have a storage flag for Custom3 in the Refinery?

Only thing is that in the Townhall my charcoal is of course added to the Industrial Fuel limits and are counted together with CC's Industrial Fuel.

But at least it seem to work with CC.

I release Production Set 2 tomorrow as a beta and hopefully get some feedback about the workings with CC from players who play with both.

I will give it a go @embx61  , I have a few appointments in the AM here, but if you tag me I will know when it's up & I can at least download and see what happens :D 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

please guys, it doesnt matter if your production building have all the flags set up in their storage location !
even if your glassworker has that line with everything:
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Fuel | Tool | Wood | Stone | Iron | Health | Clothing | Textile | CoalFuel | Fruit | Vegetable | Grain | Protein | Alcohol | Custom0 | Custom1 | Custom2 | Custom3 | Custom4 | Custom5 | Custom6 | Custom7 | Custom8 | Custom9;

they wont start to put ale or cabbage in your glasswork!!!
and that way, even if the sand is custom 3 or custom 7 or custom_whatever....
your glasswork industry, or whatever industry, will always accept your consome produce material and will always work, whatever will happends to your sand or anything :)
and that way it will always be compatible anytime with every mods made so far or made in the future.

you really should take that habit. it costs nothing, it doesnt break nothing. and it always trouble_proof.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I learn more and more each day.

But thinking about it more deeply what you say make sense Red.

I just copy too much of Luke's template files and just change some values, string table links, spritesheet links etc without thinking about the rest too much. :)

Discrepancy

Interesting read.

I'm still going to go with Custom3 for the Coke, it makes sense.

I've been slow with news and updates, life is getting busy.
But here is a picture:

elemental

Carts look good. I love the mine entrance too.  :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: elemental on May 07, 2017, 08:34:25 PM
Carts look good. I love the mine entrance too.  :)

everything is looking so great !!

Discrepancy

It matches in very well with your railways @RedKetchup , thanks for sending me the files so everything fits perfect :)

@elemental  is right. There is a small mine there.
I am adding two specialized mines, both will be upgrade-able, though not never-ending in resources:

The Coal Bell Pit is easily built, though will only last for 350 production (vanilla Iron Mine has life of 2000) it is also slower than the vanilla mine, it is upgrade-able once to a slightly faster mine with the pulley system, this extends life by 500. After which it will be depleted and remain as a derelict hole covered with wooden boards, same as when demolished. The first version will require a minimum of 3 miners to operate - one down in the hole, the other 2 are required to hoist the coal and miner out ;)
The picture above shows the pit mine on a 7x7 footprint all other tiles road-build-able, though this will be increased to 9x9 to limit spamming an area.

The Small Iron Ore Mine, with rail tracks extending inside fit very well with @RedKetchup's Choo Choo Mod. The mine has a limited life of 800, it will also have an upgrade option to further usefulness. Same as bell pit, when depleted or demolished the footprint will remain unusable and a derelict/destroyed building will be in its place.

So what else to do before release ready?

- resource models for the Iron Ore and Coke.
- upgrade model for the Small Iron Ore Mine.
- fixes and additions to the modular Coke Ovens.
- AO & texture fixes to to the Blast Furnace.
- footprints.

RedKetchup

glad to see you are using them :)
if need anything else... just ask :)

gonna talk with @The Big Chihuahua   :-\ We kinda need an hidden part of the forum with only us, moddler so we can "share" our codes, fbx, graphic files, entire mod code between us, moddlers. a place we can have for us to share without being scared to be steal by non-moddlers (so they dont steal, compile, put on steam, or put graphics for money on turbosquid and other 3d selling place.

elemental

Was it you, @Discrepancy who made a mine that consumes logs/lumber to produce coal/iron? Or was that only talked about and never made into a mod? The consumption of logs (and maybe also lamp oil or candles or some other light source) reflects the mine being continually dug deeper and it doesn't have a production limit like a normal mine.

Could you please make a decorative version of that mine rail tunnel?