News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

so i am working on Floor 3 Model 6 ........

and i am starting to ask myself...... Is it too much .................... Modern ? IMO
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

but i can say .... in game it looks super ! it looks great !

look by yourself :)

Nilla

Modern? Maybe! A little like Bavarian farmhouse kind of structure, with all the balconies. If you want it authentic medieval, I think you should leave the many balconies, but I am not sure it has to be that authentic. Main thing it looks good and offers a lot of  variation. I think it does.

RedKetchup

Alright, @Nilla  :) thanks you for the heads up :)

whats about the Floor3 Model 5 ?? (if you go back earlier in this thread) do you think i should let it like it is ? or should i try to do something like this model 6 and maybe.... turn it to the other side ? (balcony to right side instead) ?

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=786.msg14750#msg14750

Gatherer

@RedKetchup

It looks great as a standalone 3 story building. Not so much when many put together. The roofs cut into neighbouring buildings.

I think the upper balcony should be smaller and the two side windows removed altogether.

http://shrani.si/f/12/gD/3OgikrrW/nmt08.jpg

What about putting the chimney here where the arrow is but without it touching that side wall of the roof room? Align it at the center of that vertical wall and make it taller than the roof?

Just food for thought.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Gatherer

What about something like this for 3rd floor model 5 instead of that room on top?
http://www.dodden.co.uk/JPEG/Lofts/Balconey/Balcony%201.jpg
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

@RedKetchup

It looks great as a standalone 3 story building. Not so much when many put together. The roofs cut into neighbouring buildings.

For that i kinda have no choice, unfortunatly.
to be put all together, side by side, you need no roof going further than the wall. at all. but if happends that house is a standalone, or it complete a corner, if no roof is going further than the wall, it looks ugly and stupid too.

cannot make a kit for 'all together' and a kit for 'standalone' ^^ so i always tried to satisfy both. not make the roof go too far so it doesnt clip too much into neighbors house, but enough far for the case there is no neighbor that side ^^.

not an easy task, and kinda impossible to be done.

QuoteWhat about putting the chimney here where the arrow is but without it touching that side wall of the roof room? Align it at the center of that vertical wall and make it taller than the roof?

i can try this. even if i doubt that, at the end, it will look great ^^

QuoteWhat about something like this for 3rd floor model 5 instead of that room on top?

if i do smaller balcony on model 6 and do that (2nd picture) for model 5 .... dont you think the 2 models will be ... almost the same ?

chillzz

the balcony look alright to me.. even for a medieval building, as these were actually available at that time.  Modern as in : these are build nowadays,   yes revival of that style ;)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i deleted the side windows .... and the chimney toward where you said...
this screenshot show how it would look like...

RedKetchup

i think the 2 side windows out look ok :) but the chimney look weird there, gonna try to put further back, a bit.

RedKetchup

i think will be better like that, still in the top room but more on the side against interior wall

paralias

i think this is not the position @Gatherer suggested for the chimney. @RedKetchup turn the arrow to chimney

Gatherer

I made a mistake when using an arrow. Should of just used a rectangular.

Think of the arrow itself as a chimney.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: paralias on April 04, 2015, 02:13:58 PM
i think this is not the position @Gatherer suggested for the chimney. @RedKetchup turn the arrow to chimney

i dunno, even if i go back read 2-3 times, i really dont catch it that way.

but what i did at the end..... i think it is great and ok. but the model 5 is really ... a NO GO lol

RedKetchup

and what if i do that for model 5 ? in middle, towards the back of the house, and no windows, just to make a 'form' on the roof ?

it gives a look similar... to the tavern