News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Crop Seasons

Started by slink, August 26, 2014, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

personally i have no idea lol.

alright if you arent against changing them :)

let me know if you want more tweaks :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

will that make them show up in the tavern to make ale from, I wonder?

I am going to want to do a bit more (or less!), but it may take me some time to figure out exactly what, my eyes are starting to cross here :o

RedKetchup

no it wont make them show up. it s now how it works. you need to specify each item with 3-4 lines of code and name that resource to make them show there

{
ConsumeRawMaterial _consumeMaterials
[
{
ComponentDescription _material = "Template/RawMaterialApple.rsc";
int _count = 30;
}
]
ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialAle.rsc";
ResourceLimit _resourceLimit = Alcohol;

String _requirements = "AleAppleRequire";
}

doing same thing, but with the name RawMaterialPumpkin.rsc
and String _requirements = "AlePumpkinRequire";

and then add a little line in string table that explain that "AlePumpkinRequire"

{ String _name = "AlePumpkinRequire"; String _text = "Ale [Pumpkin]"; }

irrelevant

Good. That would be too easy.

canis39

Pumpkins are in fact fruits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumpkin

(Technically squash are also fruit but there's no need to get crazy :D)

slink

And speaking in the dietetic sense, potatoes are carbohydrates, along with grains.

irrelevant

Run a total of four seasons, damn perfect weather every time. The crops have not been stress-tested. But I have seen some things that I have a hard time understanding regarding relative time to maturity of the various crops. Makes me think that either the mod is not effective on my map, and I do in fact need to delete and re-make all 187 farms  :o or maybe there is something else going on, maybe something hard-coded that we can't see.

RedKetchup

bah me, before to give it to you , i started a game for 2 mins..... i started random so i ended only with Pepper, the only seed. i made 2 crop, of course 1 st one was clear before the other, and started to seed before the other :

1st Pepper : harvested in early summer like beans are
2nd big and seed later, got harvested in late summer , cleared before autumn.

so i dunno

irrelevant

For example, one thing I really don't understand is why it is that beans, corn, and wheat are the first to germinate and grow. Beans make sense, they have the shortest growing season, 2 months. But wheat and corn are both 3 months, and all five of the tweaked crops (pepper, cabbage, pumpkin, squash, potato) have shorter seasons, ranging from 2.25 to 2.75 months.

Also, corn, with a temp of 70 and a range of only 25, should lag behind every one of the tweaked crops, all of which have temps of 55-65 and ranges from 25-32.

So in other words, corn germinates faster than five crops that have shorter growing seasons, lower temps, and equal or greater ranges. Baffling.

Perhaps the parameters don't work in the way that seems most intuitive. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them.

irrelevant

On the other hand, I suppose it's possible that the graphics are misleading.

Screen 1 - Corn, top center, looks like it is coming along just a bit behind the beans and wheat nearby. But actually it is behind every other crop. So I should stop fixating on how it looks like the crops are doing and click open the panels. ::)

Also, before this season began, I deleted 10 of the modified crops in this image and rebuilt them. There is no difference between how they are doing and how the rest of the fields with modded crops are doing. So there appears to be no need to delete and rebuild fields to get the effect of the modded crops, as long as you changed what crop was growing there.

Screen 2 - the ten modded crops in the two parallel rows at the upper center of this image were deleted and rebuilt. The other crops of the same the same type were original fields that just had the crop type changed (five years ago, when I began using the mod)

irrelevant

Beans still are OP in comparison. I want to tweak them to slow them down just a bit, and to make them even more vulnerable to early frost. Some of the other veggies seem to be a bit OP as well, maybe I went too far with some of the changes. We shortened their growing times by 0.25 months, and raised their temps by from 3 to 10 degrees, and bumped their ranges by from 5 to 12 degrees. Some of the more extreme changes should probably be dialed back a bit, if that can be done without making them all just different graphics having the same characteristics.

Don't want to remove all of the risk.

RedKetchup

me i think it s because you didnt restart over your crops, in my tests, like the last one i started with beans and pumpking and they are very near

irrelevant

@RedKetchup the result you have there is similar to mine. I don't think demolishing/rebuilding is necessary. I did that with ten fields, there was no difference.

Thanks for posting those pics!

RedKetchup

Pangaea

I've only read the first page of this thread, so perhap you have figured out where it says something about at what temperatures the various crops die. But I noticed that people don't seem to like squash at all. I don't understand that. It can be a lifesaver if cold hits early, because it's very durable. I'm playing with Celsius, and squash only started dying below 0C temperature (which is the point of freezing), and they also die very slowly. It's been months since I played so I don't recall all I found out back then, but I used all crop types (why would you not?), and squash was always useful to have "just in case". Many other types would die half-harvested, but squash could often be fully retrieved on white fields, with little loss. Fair enough, I see the lure of beans because they were early and quick growers, but I find it a little sad to rely on more or less a monoculture in a game. Must everything be about 100% efficiency? :(