News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah i understand what you mean :)

btw, everything i ve tried to fix the 'ESC' bug... and nothing change. when we click on the esc button on the toolbar it doesnt happends (which i always done in this game, never used the 'ESC' Keyboard shortcut ^^) i am wondering if i should not go overwrite it and disable the 'ESC Shortcut' to prevent you to bug your icons ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: Nilla on July 03, 2015, 03:22:35 PM
I just saw one more small thing; the new larger windmill; there´s something wrong with one of the roads. You can not buid it on an existing road. If I turn it, it´s alright.

i c

sorry. => fixed :)

edit: i also fixed the placement of the windmill and centered it on its footprint. it was 0,2 tile a bit too much on one side.

RedKetchup

the size of the footprint of the 3rd floor of Medieval Hostel => fixed

Nilla

This "esc-bug" isn't so bad, if you know why it appears. You don't have to use the esc-button and if you do, it's still no big deal. You can always reload the game and it's gone. (by the way it wasn't the changed Dx9/11 just the restart of the game that fixed it the first time)

I have one more small request , if you are making any changes:

I was a bit surprised that my tools were used so fast, and than I saw the reason; the default settings of the blacksmith is wooden tools. I don't like that. I find it's better to have our usual iron tools as default. If you want something else, you can change it.

RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: pricepay on July 03, 2015, 11:58:39 AMhahaha [...] when you click other Menus Icon the bug will disappear

Dang, we all must be real simpletons... But sorry - your great idea does not work here...   ::)

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2015, 11:56:47 AMmaybe the game doesnt like to have so many level of toolbar in the custom mods... someone tried to reproduce it with CC by opening high level custom toolbars?

Yep, that was the first thing I did, I went through all multi-level toolbars to see if it happens elsewhere... no such "luck", and no problem with ESC...

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2015, 03:25:03 PMam wondering if i should not go overwrite it and disable the 'ESC Shortcut'

tehehe... that seems to be pretty hardcore... but if it helps without creating other problems, why not  :)
I agree with Nilla, the ESC bug is not so bad, we just have to wrap our heads around it...

* still, would be nice to know the cause and squash the bugger...  >:(  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

yeah me too i wish to find it out ^^
i always made my toolbars always the same way. dont know why now it bugs ^^

if steam people start to bug me on that... i will get mad  :-\

i fixed the 'default' of the blacksmith :) they were in quality order , where the worst quality came first. so i changed the order and placed the 3 new at the end of the list :)

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 03, 2015, 04:07:28 PM

i fixed the 'default' of the blacksmith :) they were in quality order , where the worst quality came first. so i changed the order and placed the 3 new at the end of the list :)

Thank you, I like that.

Now you will have some peace and quite from me. Its late (02.00) and i will go to sleep. But I warn you; I will continue my game tomorrow, maybe there are some more things i can"complain" about.  ;) :-[ :-\

RedKetchup

michbret

Quote from: Gordon Dry on July 03, 2015, 01:19:16 PM
@michbret:

Hey, thanks. This is practically the first time that I see anybody using a mod list done with my batch.

The only difference is that you copied it to a .doc file.

Hello Gordon Dry.
I like your little tool so I used it. I converted the output into a .doc file since I wanted to mark (bold and italic) the mods the are really enabled on the saved map.

Regards

pricepay

Quote from: Paeng on July 03, 2015, 04:02:49 PM
Quote from: pricepay on July 03, 2015, 11:58:39 AMhahaha [...] when you click other Menus Icon the bug will disappear

Dang, we all must be real simpletons... But sorry - your great idea does not work here...   ::)

Well it works fine with me, Im Just suggesting that you can click other menus to get rid of the stuck "RK" icons if you think its too much trouble loading your game again and again, when you accidentally click "esc" and your too lazy too find a solution rather than loading it. Oh, But if you accidentally click esc while "Rk" toolbar is still on/up, you've got no choice but to reload the game. It wont disappear no matter what you do.  :)

Well Im sorry Mr. Paeng for being a Simpleton i just wanted to help.  :-\

PS* English is not my native language. Sorry for the bad Grammar.  ;D

michbret

Hello Red

Very nice work. I enjoy it a lot.

I think there is a small problem with the bakery footprint. You can build roads into the fenced area.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/440574362338825469/85B34A18EF3B12914DFCC2FD36D52543D08040D3/

I am in the tedious process of avoiding the ESC key. I have put a small box on it so my habits will not send me into this nasty menu problem.

Thanks again for this mod

Paeng

Quote from: pricepay on July 04, 2015, 08:54:44 AMIm sorry Mr. Paeng for being a Simpleton

Not you... us  ;D

Don't worry about it, bug-hunting tends to set everybody on edge...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

Quote from: michbret on July 04, 2015, 09:10:53 AM
I think there is a small problem with the bakery footprint. You can build roads into the fenced area.
That one is intended (supposed to work like that).
the fenced off area is where one could place the 2nd level housing for bakery.

same goes for :
- New Medieval Town Blacksmith (2nd level housing)
- New Medieval Town Tailor (2nd level housing)
- New Medieval Town Tavern (2nd level housing)

As you can see in the attached picture, one could pick the blacksmith 2nd level housing in the menu.
and place it exactly there.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Nilla

I just played a little bit more. I built a canal. It´s the smallest version. I think that´s enough. Even if the boats take all the space, it´s all right with me. (These are giant ships, at least if you consider all they can carry) I live close to an old canal, that connects the east and west coast from Sweden (only used for tourists today) and on some spots, it´s very narrow. I don´t even think that the passenger ships could meet everywhere.

But a few things I can tell: I liked the old version of trading port, with the green ground at the pasture better, than this dirt-colored. I also think I liked the color/structure of the canal better in that old version. Maybe the new wave-pattern looks more like the river at first sight, but I think it looks a bit strange, if you build corners, like my canal. But I know it´s imposssible to build something that looks like the river, but I found the last version a good compromise.

WoB is not WoB without my complains. So I´m sorry, but this archeologist; is he good for anything? Except that his house looks specially nice. Could the artefacts be used fore something? I wish that he at least could earn his own food, if you want to sell them. I know @RedKetchup , you didn´t want to introduce some new very profitable trading good. That´s good. But if the people can´t use the artefacts, at least there should be a little profit to trade with it. As it is; you buy stones for 8, the archeologist finds 2 artefacts wort 4 from each. At least he makes no loss, but still it seems a bit CC-inspired  to me. ;) :-\  Sorry, I´m mean.  :-[  :'( The productivity is quite low and that´s OK, so there will be no big profit, even if the price was 8.

One thing I cannot complain about is the inn! I use them as living space now but that means a lot fake demolishing to form new couples. Or I could complain a bit; I wish they could be used for normal living. They look much too good, just for a boarding house ;)

I also like the new barns, have built three different sizes, (not yet the smallest)