News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

Ah, it's fine. I'll just keep looking. I disagree with you about this type of housing being useless. I just like smaller buildings.

What about making the bottom buildings to face each other and then overlap on top of them?

Just wish to help.

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on October 14, 2015, 04:20:10 PM
i always wished to make some house with an internal passage for road under but i never could do it yet

Tunnel-type buildings look great and make the game look more realistic. Same with your stackable houses.

Colonial Charter's upgraded boarding house (it's called the coaching inn) has a road that runs under part of it, if that's any help to you.  :)

kee

Your second floor building is good enough for doing just that. Make a row of houses (1-2-3 floor), leave out the first floor in the middle of the row, presto you've got somewhere to put a road under a house. If you think the opening is too large you leave a hole less than the width of a one storey house.
Kim Erik

Tilleen

If you put the front of the houses close together with a single road between them, some of the 3rd floor bit hang out over the road and give a nice affect, although you need to select the correct ones or they may overlap, which is a problem if you look closely.

irrelevant

Quote from: Tilleen on October 14, 2015, 11:08:33 PM
If you put the front of the houses close together with a single road between them, some of the 3rd floor bit hang out over the road and give a nice affect, although you need to select the correct ones or they may overlap, which is a problem if you look closely.
@Tilleen I've noticed this as well; it can really become a problem where you have 3-story NMTs on both sides of the street as in the image. In the future when I build such areas I plan to make the roadways between the 3-story buildings two spaces wide. That should help some.

Tilleen

My standard for the 3-story NMTs is 3 spaces in front, (road, grass, road) and one between them on the side. The grass in the middle of the road works quite well.

Turis

@RedKetchup Can you add a red-tiled roof texture to your multi-level housing?

RedKetchup

possibly , when i ll do different models and depending of my incoming feature ... you will probably well served :)

i am still working on optimizations.... i made so many models and so many buildings.... it takes an eternity.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

That's what you get for being so prolific.  ;D

Turis

Well, place my request at the bottom of the list and thank you. ;)

RedKetchup

you are welcomed :)

i am still on the optimization all weekend. the level 3 are extremly slow to process since they are extremly detailled. alot of things to do in these.
i hope at the end of the weekend, i ll complete all these.

cant wait to do new things ^^ and start to play with textures to make 3-4 different models of these. it will be quick at that point because while i am optimizing... i am making those easily compatible with the change of textures :)

RedKetchup

woah got very hard and has been long with the floor 3 model 3 , the one with the big hexagonal tower. and if like not enough... i ve got to make it work with the windows in lower level :(
since lower level are set and cannot go move a window or 2... i had to fix my big tower.

but the look is awesome :) with these 3D windows :)

LadyMarmalade

These are looking great, RK!

You are so lucky to have that talent.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Bobbi

The tower looks good, Mr. Optimization.
Do you recall in an earlier post where I asked about the height difference between Hostels and regular three story houses? I am posting screen shots to illustrate the difference. Maybe while optimizing you could somehow equalize the difference? Also, I would not be opposed to some more "ordinary" third story buildings that don't over hang the street, and a corner second and third story to go on top of the first story corner shops I think you are making (I hope). I know, I not ask a lot........ :-[  ::)

RedKetchup

ok :) thanks. the difference isnt big (mostly from the 3rd level) but i will fix that when there :)