News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

I am all a quiver with anticipation. The new houses are AWESOME.

What are you planning for corners? Are we having some just plain old corner houses? (Please?) Or more new shops? New corner tavern! New corner tailor! Even a blacksmith would be cool. New anything you want, I will be happy!  ;)

Kimbolton

Fantastic work Red! Thank you very much.  :)

RedKetchup

thanks all :) glad these are over :)
i fixed tonight couple of errors on the texture model C (very white stucco + dark woods).

i just need to do nice upgrade icons and change the tooltips.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i think i am gonna go for 64x64 pixels Upgrade Icons, and i will put them at the bottom of the residence window (since they will be 2x bigger than the 32x32 - and need enough space for those)
why that ? because it is very hard to see and judge when it comes to the 2nd and 3rd level floor Upgrade Icons.

ShockPuppet

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 04, 2015, 05:07:51 PM
i think i am gonna go for 64x64 pixels Upgrade Icons, and i will put them at the bottom of the residence window (since they will be 2x bigger than the 32x32 - and need enough space for those)
why that ? because it is very hard to see and judge when it comes to the 2nd and 3rd level floor Upgrade Icons.

Yep ;) Worked for us.

RedKetchup

Finally , after spent alot of hours on this (before and after warcraft raid) ....

i decided to let them on top of the window :) and instead i ve put down the 'residence / inventory Tabs' just below the Upgrade Icons :)

it looks alot better that way instead of at the bottom of the window.

Screenshot of how beautiful the residence windows are :)

That way, with these beautiful Upgrade Icons you can clearly see what you will get if you click on those :)

Nilla

Bobbi

I think they look very clear to choose from

MightyCucumber

That looks awesome Red! :D Beautifully accomplished, and that new layout is easily understandable.

Now after a well deserved break you're gonna focus on corner residences I assume? :)

Also, are there any other new buildings planned for this new version of NMT?

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

first i ve gone back to the 1st Corner building :)

I fully optimized the Archeology Center and also allowing now 1 upgrade :)
you will now able to upgrade this building, giving you better performance (less material needed, faster processing) and allow you now to research Artefact from Clay :)

RedKetchup

next i gone to the new Medieval Pottery Shop :)

and i did same thing : 1 Upgrade available :)
you will now able to upgrade this building, giving you better performance (less material needed, faster processing)

even if we dont see it on the screenshot (made before i done it) but i fixed all the typos : Potery => Pottery :)

Turis

In medieval times, only the rich were educated. Most people din't know how to read nor write hence most signs were made with objects, but, since the shop already has pots outside, there's no need for one. Anyway, thieves and robbers will ransack the goods and run while children will have fun throwing stones to break the pots. ;) ;)

DesoPL

Bobbi

QuoteMost people din't know how to read nor write hence most signs were made with objects

So true, @Turis, so true. I however try to build a school as soon as possible because I loathe uneducated workers. Realistically most of the jobs in Banished would not be much improved by edumacation. Who needs education to chop logs?  ::)

New corner shops look fantastic, Red. Are you going to make just a regular old corner house that is just a house?  :-*