Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I reaaly like that corner second floor house, but maybe it would be almost as easy to do a second design to put over archaeology and any other buildings of that type as to come up with one model that suits them all. Just a thought...

Oh BTW, i also took care to lower the food results since many people told me they were too much OP. i changed the radius from 4 to 6 , getting more ground and non-water tiles => it lowered the number of catch from 6 to 4 fishies.
it seems now providing around 1000-1200 fish per year for a 9x8 building with 4 workers.

If I am reading this correctly, each worker only collects 300 food per year, which to me sounds very low. I know you can't please everybody, but to me this makes it not worth building except "for pretty" which I would in later game when I have surplus people because it IS pretty, but very unhelpful in early game. I will have to test out how much food one worker on a farm that size collects.

RedKetchup

Bobbi

Test out an 8 x 9 crop field. It yielded 500 with one worker. So I guess it depends on whether you are looking at how many workers you are using or at how much land. During early game workers are at a premium and in later game land is the premium. All things considered your numbers are kind of a happy medium between both. So I guess leave it be.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Bobbi on December 20, 2015, 08:48:51 AM
Test out an 8 x 9 crop field. It yielded 500 with one worker. So I guess it depends on whether you are looking at how many workers you are using or at how much land. During early game workers are at a premium and in later game land is the premium. All things considered your numbers are kind of a happy medium between both. So I guess leave it be.

i know i added +2 to the radius (to give more non-water tiles in the % of the radius...) i can test just +1 and see.

while we wait ....

take a look at this !!!
2nd floor over the Medieval Tailor, Medieval Blacksmith, Medieval Tavern and Medieval Bakery :)
and tell me what you think about it :) personally i love it ^^

Bobbi

RedKetchup

i just tried the 5'radius and i ve got 1300 the first year and then 1100 the 2nd year

RedKetchup

and i ve got 1000 the 3rd year lol

the problem is , i just tested with the radius back as 1.1b (4 radius) and i ve got 2600 !!!

such a difference ! it doubles !

6 radius = 4 per catch
5 radius = 6 per catch
4 radius = 11 per catch

gonna go try maybe at 4' radius, but only 3 workers

RedKetchup

lol i ve got 2500 with 3 workers  :-X

so i ve put back 4 fishermen and 5' radius.

Denis de la Rive

About the pond, I really like the new textures, can't wait to use it.

Its not an easy one to solve, if you change the fish then everything else will be off, I think your mistake is to try to match the fishing docks performance. The best option is to look at it as a secondary source of fish for certain specific circumstances, such as when you start far away from water, and more as a decorative item, and see if you can add a happiness function to represent the recreational aspect of the pond. I would keep it at just 1 worker with the 5 radius. Have you looked into changing what it produces, a different kind of fish, with lower production numbers?

:) ;)

Bobbi

Why only one worker? You can always assign fewer if you personally think it's overpowered.

purringcat

Very realistic water... just like the duck pond out back of my house

MightyCucumber

^Was about to say this. That texture is amazing, great job Red.

Also I think I've never said this before, I don't know why but I really love the wooden pilars of the new houses. Can't wait for the mod release so I can finally play Banished in all its splendor (NMT + CC = Awesomeness!) ;P

RedKetchup

yeah the water is so realistic that sometimes i see waves moving on the water surface ^^ (if you check carefully ^^)

the problem is : 2500-2600 for a 8x9 is really too much (it was the apiary numbers before i took care of it when Luke has released his apiary)
i wish there is a way i put 4.5 as number ^^

elemental

The pond looks very good. Can you make a decorative version that doesn't do anything and doesn't need any workers? That way we won't see any game icons over it. I'd even like to see a few more ponds in different sizes and shapes, purely as decoration. They don't have to provide any fish at all.