News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.1b => incoming 2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2015, 01:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navarian

Everything looks so awesome Red! You are a talented artist! I cannot wait till 2.0 comes out!
Some future ideas for adding even more variety to orchards (you know how we all love more!) in later expansions could be:
Bananas, Coconuts, Dates, Limes, (Lemons, as stated earlier), Mangos, Grapefruit, Pineapple, and so on. Many of these are available through trade only in CC, but for future ideas many of the citrus/ warmer climate crops would be a great addition to desert or jungle maps. For nuts: peanuts, almonds and cashews are good ideas. Find myself munching on those often while reading forums and playing Banished!
Anyway, just some stuff to throw out there, I am sure someone has already mentioned them!
Excellent work, Keep it up!

Bobbi

QuoteEverything looks so awesome Red! You are a talented artist! I cannot wait till 2.0 comes out!
Some future ideas for adding even more variety to orchards (you know how we all love more!) in later expansions could be:
Bananas, Coconuts, Dates, Limes, (Lemons, as stated earlier), Mangos, Grapefruit, Pineapple, and so on. Many of these are available through trade only in CC, but for future ideas many of the citrus/ warmer climate crops would be a great addition to desert or jungle maps. For nuts: peanuts, almonds and cashews are good ideas. Find myself munching on those often while reading forums and playing Banished!
Anyway, just some stuff to throw out there, I am sure someone has already mentioned them!

Actually we don't ALL love more. Some of us think the menus are already way way too bloated. If all these exciting crops come to fruition, I hope they are in an add on pack, not part of the regular mod, unless they are an important part of a production chain, and not just "one more way to make ale or wine" which we already have plenty of options for.

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: Bobbi on December 21, 2015, 01:36:05 PM
QuoteEverything looks so awesome Red! You are a talented artist! I cannot wait till 2.0 comes out!

Actually we don't ALL love more. Some of us think the menus are already way way too bloated. If all these exciting crops come to fruition, I hope they are in an add on pack, not part of the regular mod, unless they are an important part of a production chain, and not just "one more way to make ale or wine" which we already have plenty of options for.
I agree with you, so much work goes into making a crop or other product that is just an other version of the same, and takes up valuable time from more interesting projects. CC 1.6 took a step back and moved many crops to an add-on. As for adding hops, it could be used to make a different product than ale, with a higher export value, call it a lagger, (like a micro-brew) and sell for more! Also being compatible with CC should not mean copying its crops, nor relying on players using both when you have such an interesting voice. NMT must stand alone and be compatible, not just an extension of CC. Yes I work with BL, but I have always loved this mod for what it is!  :)

purringcat

Have been a bit puzzled on why potatoes aren't used to make vodka.    They are in RL.    ::)

And I love NMT and the colorful two story houses.    Am glad to hear that some crops are now a separate pack.    It was way too much.   
There isn't enough room on a map for all the crops, building chains and basic resource collection as it is.    Not sure how medium map players fit it all in.   

Hope RK's brewery keeps it ability to make and serve ale.    Almost everything now needs a chain of buildings to function.   

Bobbi

QuoteI agree with you, so much work goes into making a crop or other product that is just an other version of the same, and takes up valuable time from more interesting projects. CC 1.6 took a step back and moved many crops to an add-on. As for adding hops, it could be used to make a different product than ale, with a higher export value, call it a lagger, (like a micro-brew) and sell for more! Also being compatible with CC should not mean copying its crops, nor relying on players using both when you have such an interesting voice. NMT must stand alone and be compatible, not just an extension of CC. Yes I work with BL, but I have always loved this mod for what it is!  :)

Thank God!!! Somebody feels the same way. Seriously, there are enough crops (and other things) in the game already. You cannot possibly have every single crop in the whole world in a mod, must draw the line somewhere. But if you have a fabulous chain of production that really needs a particular crop, go for it. Like cotton for the tailor is not a bad thing, so that people who prefer not to kill animals to obtain leather have a way out.

ShockPuppet

QuoteYou cannot possibly have every single crop in the whole world in a mod

Are you sure about that? How will the CC guys know until theyve tried?

Bobbi

Hee Hee Well they certainly do try, and they sure have a lot of flags, too!

MightyCucumber

Quote from: ShockPuppet on December 21, 2015, 03:51:02 PM
QuoteYou cannot possibly have every single crop in the whole world in a mod

Are you sure about that? How will the CC guys know until theyve tried?

chillzz

i agree with most here, not all love many options... /me included.
However seeing a variety of crops growing and animals grazing is a nice look :)

i.e.  pigs as add on, just like cow/sheep/deer --> meat (not as 'pork chop' a new item)

The hops do look awsome @RedKetchup .

and yes, decorative pack something for way after nmt 2.0.. just as a add-on, not included..
so people who don't want mega-packs can decide to leave it out, like it is now.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

nan, i dont want to add tons of crops.

this one Hops, got asked since very long time... and i want to add it
but

as i was doing on everything... i will keep it simple as usual.
i will make recipes in tavern to process it along some 'grain' and making grain qty way cheaper by adding hops... but also
at screen it can say : Make Beer [Hops+Wheat] for example, but it will stay : Ale (Alcohol)
i will add : Make Volka [Potatoes] but again, it wil stay Ale (Alcohol) produced.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

exactly! different recipes / input / ingredients --> output same product

Bobbi

The addition of hops will makes some people very hoppy...I mean happy. People have been talking about hops for a long time. I guess hops go in ale? Or is it beer? Or is it both? I don't know, I just drink it.

chillzz

Quote from: Bobbi on December 21, 2015, 06:54:02 PM
I guess hops go in ale? Or is it beer? Or is it both? I don't know, I just drink it.

lager (pilsner) = cold fermented beer with hops, ale = warm fermented beer without hops

Bobbi

Discrepancy

Ale can be hoppy, or not. Depends on location and style brewed. Some Ales can be really hoppy (like IPA's and most pale ales).
Traditionally as hops weren't well suited to all climates, beers used to use a variety of flowers and herbs to bitter.

I personally welcome the introduction of hops and anything that makes production chains ever more important.

Awesome work RedKetchup!, everything is looking great.