News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Frenchman's Bend: trying for a soft landing

Started by irrelevant, November 11, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Ha! I just figured out what to do about my storage problem; I'm buying books and keeping them in the TPs. I don't know how much space they require, but it isn't much.

@RedKetchup's books are the 100-dollar bills of Banished  ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 43

Overview

Pop curve is trying to turn into a sine wave, which my iron will is resisting  ;)

Production

Storage in TPs and warehouses

Nilla

Will you try to keep the population at that level, or is it just a "intermediate" try to keep it constant?

salamander

In real populations, that sine wave is not unusual, and often gets less and less apparent over time.  I wonder if the pop model in Banished will do the same thing?  One thing, though, if you chase the wave you might actually make it worse.  If it fits with your experiment, you might just let it be and see what happens over a few years.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

The 'iron will' remark was a joke; actually, I'm hardly doing anything at all. A couple of times I built four houses one year instead of two, but the next year I built none.

It would be ideal to settle around this size, simply because the town is pretty well balanced as it is (although it is producing way too much food).

But one thing seems clear, the single decision that I have to make is when to stop building houses. As long as there are more houses, there will eventually be more people.

Nilla

Yes, that is one decision you have to make. There are others, I think; way more difficult, if you want to make a long term self running game (don't know it you want that).

How do you deal with overproduction of food.......? I am sorry @irrelevant, but I don't think, that you can have a big over production in a longterm game.

How do you supply the people with tools?

Which clothes?

And probably some more.........

Interesting. I hope you will go for it.

irrelevant

@Nilla,

Up to now I have been dealing with overproduction by building warehouses and packing them full of food, I think I have 7-8 year's worth now. I recently hit on the idea of buying books and keeping them in the TPs, that should help some too.

But that doesn't deal with the problem.

First of all I have decided to shut down my gatherers. After that I may also take a field or two out of production. Reduce the number of foresters at each cabin from two to one.

I have two tailors and two blacksmiths. These are making more than enough coats and tools for use and for trade. Maybe I need to shut down one of each of them as well, or possibly switch over to making 100% warm coats and steel tools. I don't really need tools for trade, as I am buying hardly anything.

irrelevant

irrelevant

Man, I could explode this town to pop 2000 so fast. I'll keep a save.....

This feels so strange to me, year 45 and only 10 farms.

irrelevant

Year 46

Yup. OK, too many houses. Going to start tapering off.

RedKetchup

i can say something : these colorful little house are the ***MOST*** beautiful building in the game, never been equal-ed so far and nothing gets near neither :)

Edit: Fixed TYPO lol

irrelevant

@RedKetchup yes they are! I love them.

Year 49

Nothing much is going on. I went through and upgraded all the wooden houses to stone; in the process new families were formed, and I think I'm getting a little baby boom.