News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkAnthony

Still strugglin' to get started.

My Blacksmith seems be to educated now, so that's good so back to makin' Copper and Bronze. My Tin Ore deposits are even more rare than the other game, I only had two places to fetch any from. The next available deposit is across the river. I need to build two bridges but don't have the logs to do so. I am therefore unable to make any more Bronze but I had just enough to supply my Trade Post so that's in the works; just waiting for more Logs and Stone to complete the materials list.

I have a total of three uneducated brats, no clue where they are and I am afraid to look. Hopefully one is a school teacher and the other is off picking it's nose somewhere. At least it's not in the Smithy! My luck they're in the Wood Cutter. Oh well, still not going to look. I'd rather be wasting Fodder-Thatch which is free than ore and bars which are "My Precious!" (Golem reference from LoTR)

I'm not battling the Tornado Triplets this time (triplets because I had three tornadoes in the last game) but I got a visit from Scarlet!   ???   She came by in December and infected 7 Banies by March of the next year. She hasn't gone yet; but she has over-stayed her welcome for sure. Hopefully she'll get the hint and move on. My overall health for the settlement is a lot worse than the other game, I'm at 50% hearts right now.  :(

I'm pulling 483-570-ish fish from the Fishing Dock with two fisherman. My Cabbage field is now 15x14 and I am getting 480-ish with one Farmer. It's better than before, that's all I care about. I can't afford to put another Farmer on that field because I did get a Hunter's Lodge and Gatherers Hut built.  I thought I put the Hunter's Lodge in a good spot but I'm not sure anymore. It's close to the center of my starting settlement but it had two grazing areas within it's radius however it's still only pulling in 200 meat per year. My Gatherer, meh! Nothing like the last game but again I am in a Desert Dune now with a harsh climate this time as opposed to the Lower Nile Delta with a mild climate like I had last time.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

Let me expand further on the Forester and Gatherer.

I picked the area immediately south of the settlement to put the Forester so the trees it started off with were pretty scarce. For the first two years I had it set to cut and plant with only one employed because I really needed to get some logs for Building and I already cut what I could from outside it's radius without straying too far from camp. Then the third year I had it set to plant only but then the 4th and 5th year I had to set it back to cut and plant again. Anyways, I would say the Forester's radius is maybe at 35% capacity at this point, even with the new seedlings growing.

I kind of went back to my old ways and stuck the Gatherer near the Forester, there was no where else better that was near by that I didn't need a bridge to get to. I don't have the Laborers yet to clean up the Forester and Gatherer's radii yet. So that is not contributing very well to increasing the outputs for them. I initially started with clearing the Forester's radius with the Collect Wild Things option since that is the easiest. Collect Fodder-Thatch? Fuhgitaboutit! Hundreds of spots to clear just in the top-half of the radius!  Cleaning up these radius circles will take several years, I just don't have the help to do it.

I did call a town meeting. I told all of my Snowflakes that there was just too much to do and that I had no time to listen to a bunch of Buttercups whine about it! I told them to suck it up and dig in, hard work needs to get done! I told them that if they didn't just push on and get through it then I would cancel @kid1293 's Christmas!

MarkAnthony

@RedKetchup I have a question for you please. Does RKEC and RoTP have the Mushroom weight fix of 1 weight each or are they still the normal 4 weight? I've been stocking the Trade Post with Mushrooms to use for even trade of some other food item because I am assuming they have the standard weight of 4 each.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony adding a second farmer would be counterproductive, as that would speed up your harvest. You want the harvest to last as long as possible in order to take advantage of the cooler, wetter conditions that occur only after the harvest begins in early autumn.

I didn't even try a tailor in my second town, I assumed I'd get the same result as in the first one.

I got the school up late in year 1. I had two uneducated workers. I dealt with them by building housing far more quickly than I normally would have. Once there were no homeless people left, I knew that my uneducated brother and sister would pair up in the next available house, so I built that house in the other side of the stream, next to the school and near one of my foresters. That worked out, one became teacher and the other a forester.

MarkAnthony

Okay thanks Irrelevant.

I'm not liking this second game... at all. I just had a starvation die off of five people. Collecting Wild Food and 200 meat per year + 500-ish fish +8-400 Cabbage just isn't cutting it. I got 2 Fisherman, 1 Farmer, 3 Gatherers and 1 Hunter. It's just not enough, that crop is seriously holding me back.

I got my Trade Post built and already received my first Trader but all he had was 15 coats, which I bought of course. I was hoping for food to buy. Scarlet (fever of course) left town after six months, luckily no one died from her because who then would be left to die of starvation?  *sighs

I think I am just going to wait for Beta 2. Hopefully it will include a fix for the Blacksmith.

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 26, 2019, 10:04:37 PM
@RedKetchup I have a question for you please. Does RKEC and RoTP have the Mushroom weight fix of 1 weight each or are they still the normal 4 weight? I've been stocking the Trade Post with Mushrooms to use for even trade of some other food item because I am assuming they have the standard weight of 4 each.

yes 1 weight
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 27, 2019, 12:51:55 AM
I got 2 Fisherman, 1 Farmer, 3 Gatherers and 1 Hunter. It's just not enough, that crop is seriously holding me back.

7 workers only ???
for how many populaton ? i hope you will starve cause at least half of your pop should work on food.

taniu

@RedKetchup  :Dmy temples test - when it comes to food it is OK - but my village is only two years old and already calls for tools - I have a mod kid - "Smample Legend" - it is very useful - because hunter croc - it provides crocodile meat and skin - I'm playing a simple mod now
"Stone Tools" we will see how my people are doing - I also noticed that - Blacksmith runs away from blacksmithi I have to take the next person and I don't have a school yet? - he continued testing. My bearings are - Terrain Size - medium, Type - Nile [lower] Delta, climate - Lower Nile [Mild] easy, no disasters.
I'll start from the beginning, maybe I'll add some new modS? - I don't know if the "RKEditorChoiceEdition XtraLight 1.3.1d" and "RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing" mods do not duplicate - does it bother me that I'm not good at understanding English? sorry for that - maybe you just put1 mod "RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing"?my windate. Greetings

RedKetchup

dont worry too much with beta1. it is not long term playable. i suggest to wait beta 2.

irrelevant

@RedKetchup I just noticed that an educated woodcutter is producing 4 firewood per 5 fodder/thatch rather than 8 as advertised on the pulldown.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony I just realized that another thing you can do regarding your cabbage crop, if you are in the mood for some micromanagement, would be to fire your farmer once planting is complete. Let nature take its course, then rehire him (and maybe more farmers) once the yield has reached 75%. The newly-employed farmer(s) should begin harvesting immediately, and you should get a worthwhile crop.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on August 27, 2019, 05:01:25 PM
@RedKetchup I just noticed that an educated woodcutter is producing 4 firewood per 5 fodder/thatch rather than 8 as advertised on the pulldown.

oh because it didnt processed what i've asked in the firewood file. gonna check that thanks

edit fixed.

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 27, 2019, 06:30:36 PM
Quote from: irrelevant on August 27, 2019, 05:01:25 PM

oh because it didnt processed what i've asked in the firewood file. gonna check that thanks

edit fixed.
You're awesome! :)

taniu

@RedKetchup ;D ;D ;D thank you for answering - I will wait patiently.I cordially greet

wiccandove

This may be a stupid question, but where can I download this?