News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 06, 2015, 03:18:32 PMWhat I would miss on goods in Banished still are water and spices such as salt.

Well, Salt is coming, including a Salt House - so resource and building and profession, too... I guess. It's definitely in the next CC version...

As for Water - there is this project by GimmeCat, who stopped development (for time constraints, as far as I know)... all the source codes are available, including a nice water tower model... not sure why nobody has ever picked up on it  ???

Here is the thread, and the links -
http://banishedmods.com/showthread.php?tid=1026
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Brathaehnchen

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 03:31:05 PM
Well, Salt is coming, including a Salt House - so resource and building and profession, too... I guess. It's definitely in the next CC version...

As for Water - there is this project by GimmeCat, who stopped development (for time constraints, as far as I know)... all the source codes are available, including a nice water tower model... not sure why nobody has ever picked up on it  ???

Only in the CC-Mod? What A Shame.
When I started to play Banished I started with CC-EA.
Because it was an extensive mod with German translation.
But for my personal taste is the mod too cluttered. Too many goods to many professions and some things you do not really need.

Right now I only play with mods of Red. And mods such as "Beautiful World".
So, back to the roots.

But the mod with the water I will test.
Thanks for the tip / link

chillzz

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 06, 2015, 03:42:51 PM
But the mod with the water I will test.
Thanks for the tip / link

nothing to test, it's not an actual mod *yet*. just the model and sources.

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 03:31:05 PM
Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 06, 2015, 03:18:32 PMWhat I would miss on goods in Banished still are water and spices such as salt.

Here is the thread, and the links -
http://banishedmods.com/showthread.php?tid=1026

I believe 'The Fountain' includes water too.. but that mod has been banished too ;)
Gimmecats model for the water tower actually fits the game quite well, no clue why no one picked that up, since water is a basic necessity, even more so then food .
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 06, 2015, 03:42:51 PMToo many goods to many professions and some things you do not really need.

Well, I'm not going to 'argue' about that - to each his own...  ;)
For me I use every mod as long as it has good stuff to offer... the more, the merrier.  :)

QuoteBut the mod with the water I will test.

Mind you - it is not a "finished" mod, just all the needed parts and codes and stuff... you still need to put it together, compile it and all that jazz...

Quote from: chillzz on April 06, 2015, 03:50:26 PMbut that mod has been banished too ;)

Indeed  :-X

QuoteGimmecats model for the water tower actually fits the game quite well

Yep, I'd take it even as pure eye candy...  ;D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on April 06, 2015, 03:54:47 PM
For me I use every mod as long as it has good stuff to offer... the more, the merrier.  :)
Agree :) same here.  as long as they work well together and don't add too much unnecessary stuff / jobs / 2nd /3rd tier production.  Especially the upgrade part ( technology / buildings) is something the game developer didn't want in the game. Everything available as long as the resources are there.

Mind you - it is not a "finished" mod, just all the needed parts and codes and stuff... you still need to put it together, compile it and all that jazz...
It's been a while since i looked on that site. I just scanned that topic.. seems there is a "working" mod now. Water replaces coal. i don't see the logic in that.
last time i watched that board topic.. it was still just the source and model.

Brathaehnchen

True, this is a matter of opinion.
I would personally CC-EA Download me only for the decorations.
The hedges and flowerbeds, the fence gates and stone walls. And of course the MOST IMPORTANT of all: The toilets !!!  ;D ::)

assobanana76

Thanks @RedKetchup !!
I made the switch and everything seems to work well!
I just risked the collapse of the city due to old age!  :'(
has been a long time between the total demolition and reconstruction total!
fortunately there are three young couples just formed that maybe will save me!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

A new shop made ! :)

Whats about this ... New Medieval Shop : Apothecary ?
;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

grammycat

Now that is gorgeous!  It's perfect for an apothecary.  I'm enjoying exploring your new mod-congrats on a job very well-done.  Tonight I should grow enough to add some third-story houses and, maybe, the cathedral.  Thank you-it's just a lovely addition to the game.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

in game ? ^^

citizens really going there to get their health back :)
i also set up the radius range smaller so we can still build a serious herbalist building for gathering.
i also downed the number of working to 1 herbalist for that building. the main goal is only to provide an in-town way to get health back instead to go walk very very far where are the real herbalist building.

i shown it very 100% compatible with 2-3 floor story, it is up to people to decide if they will really add extra story to it :)

chillzz

awesomeness compiled into a ground floor building :D

too me, an apothecary / pharmacist should have a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaper which is quite common since the medieval times, until quite recently.. but after looking up, it might have been only the lowlands (northern france, belgium, netherlands and maybe parts of germany)  not everywhere.

Chon Waen

Beautiful apothecary!
Any thoughts about a 1st story shop sized, 10 student version of a schoolhouse for rural environments?
I'm thinking of low population production zones here, like pasture and farm areas.

Bobbi

Love the Apothecary. Just needs a doctor/clinic right next door. (I know, I know, I always want something) If you do that, make sure it has the no loitering option, like "Bobbi's Special Doctorhouse"

chillzz

i totally agree @Bobbi  just like i asked on the previous page ;)