BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 11, 2015, 02:32:37 AM
Next will be barbershop :) and that build will make the mod pass over the 100Mb :)
100mb with quality content, worth every byte ;)

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 11, 2015, 04:17:19 PM
A new Medieval Barber Shop ??

;D

i didnt made a cylinder white and red because those are really 20th century but .... canopies red and white ?
who knows if the idea came from there ? cause they had canopies with these colors ? lol ^^

maybe i will have to turn them down darker a bit... will see how it flashes in game ^^

the motorized spinning ones are 20th century yeah, but it's a known fact that the use of the pole was almost declined by the start of the 20th century. the barber's pole is much older though and yes historically correct (bloody rags).

Red/White = Surgeon
Blue/White = Barber

that's the official color use after the split in jobs. before it was red/white for the barber, who was surgeon (bloodletting) and dentist too.

A
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

i took another shot to create new attendance that would be linked to barber for example, seems we really cannot create any new attendance (just like the flag - that just cheap - sometimes i m wondering why i do mod for this cheap game /shrug)

attendance is in fact link to a specific 'hard coded' names : "doctor", "priest", "teacher"
if i change or interchange the name of Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:doctor" or Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:priest" the attendace bar change to nothing 0% or switch to the other 3 'name' profession and the way that one works

even if i do exactly same all data to another name like barber. it is Hard coded :( stupid developper.

out of that, the red canopies finally still look good. wont have attendance, i will 'hide' it or 'delete' it
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

do i need to make another new profession again ? Barber ? or i can just keep it up as 'doctor' ?

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 11, 2015, 06:22:47 PM
do i need to make another new profession again ? Barber ? or i can just keep it up as 'doctor' ?

as this is new Medieval town, i would keep profession doctor,
because back in the days it was more of a doctor/surgeon/dentist  and barber (facial hair, mostly)

RedKetchup

Btw, i fixed ALL the building windows so now we wont have any Medieval 'Something' name overlapping the window ribbons and window buttons :)

in this screenshot also you can see the 'new' canopy colors :) the white bands are now larger then red ones :) look very better now :)

and btw ... now : 99.5 MB hehe it doesnt hit 100 yet, next one will do though
What is next ? lol

RedKetchup

so far : 6+1
Apothecary, Library, Stone cutters, Barber shop, Clinic, Butcher shop... i also added the Water tower that Gimmecat designed and gave me the permission to use :)

more to come, like : many specialized markets, schools, dentist, bathhouse, penthouse, boutiques....

Brathaehnchen

RedKetchup

New Medieval Dentist now ? lol

about same function as the barber shop :) provide happiness and health care :)

RedKetchup

a last one for tonight, i mean... this morning lol 8AM ^^

New Medieval Fruit Vendor :)
They will sell all fruits and all vegetables.

this one will make pleasure to @assobanana76  :) i hope. it is not a mini stall but go under the medieval house :)

RedKetchup

i will need to start a new bar in my Medieval Toolbar :) the Market Toolbar ^^ and put all markets in there :)

chillzz

wow truly amazing work @RedKetchup .

instead of new toolbar, isn't it easier to do 'F' loop?  especially if they have the same function (dentist/clinic/barber)  or markets ?

RedKetchup

no we cannot. the 'F' function is working that way : all different design (mesh, buildings) are called in 1 file, and the file decides what you do with these buildings. there can be different models, but you cannot have different purpose.

RedKetchup

assobanana76

Quote from: Chon Waen on April 09, 2015, 05:10:08 PM
@assobanana76 I don't blame you based on what we know of your personal philosophy. That's why I love this game and the mods. In this case: "use everything within, or don't". If you actually built a Butcher's Shop in Las Vegans, I would think one of two things.
Either you clicked on it by mistake, or you wanted to see the detailed structure so badly in-game that you built it, paused, looked at it, then demolished it.
no, I will not construct the building of the butcher also because I would not have animals to be slaughtered! animals in my town are free thanks to the mod "Tree of life"!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 12, 2015, 04:58:58 AM
a last one for tonight, i mean... this morning lol 8AM ^^

New Medieval Fruit Vendor :)
They will sell all fruits and all vegetables.

this one will make pleasure to @assobanana76  :) i hope. it is not a mini stall but go under the medieval house :)
yeah!!!  ;D ;D
looks so great!!!  :o
they are labed only "fruit" or "vegetables and fruit"?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!