BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 13, 2015, 10:35:41 PM
yeah i guess you can for the 2nd floor to the right but you will need to space it from 1 tile to the left for the 3rd floor or it wont look good (the left part of the building, the one 2 story high, has unfortunatly 1 tile short for a 3rd story)

but i wont suggest it cause you will hide all the beauty of this building ^^

Yeah, that would be a shame!
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 13, 2015, 10:35:41 PM
BTW i fixed the footprint on the ground to match the New Medieval Bath House :)
why it remains a strip between the ground floor and the third floor?
you started yourself to do "creative construction"? ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 14, 2015, 04:24:47 AM
you started yourself to do "creative construction"? ;D
Hahahhaaa  thats what gives the best new idea's ;) 

- corner buildings
- market underneath 2nd floor
- over water (like bridge)
etc.

Brathaehnchen

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 14, 2015, 02:47:55 AM
let's see who will be faster!  ;D ;)

i already have many things to do ^^ i would bid on him ^^
but......

i read also the discussion in there, since you are seeding the idea at both place.........
personally i would do is : they make ship, cost alot and alot of wood to make a ship, and take alot and alot of time... a year ?
and they would be paid maybe 10,000 value for each ship they build, by the Kingdom for their Naval fleet.

and maybe i could setup 2 product : 1 merchant ship for regular price and a war ship that would also cost alot more of iron for a boat that maybe worth +5,000 ? :)

maybe CC:EA will do something before i do.... and maybe even taking this idea ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

The Pilgrim

That would actually be more in line for CC.  Many ships were built in the New England Colonies for use elsewhere (the indies, local european trade, some small warships)  So it wouldn't be out of the realm of realism.

assobanana76

er.. Red.. I have difficulty to translate your post with Google Translate.. is an answer ironic? or the sense is that it is an idea nearest to a colonial period that to a medieval? or that, since I have linked the idea also to Kralyerg, then.. I do not know.. I linked him just because I saw one his screenshot with dock and boat..
is not a good idea the boat builder?
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 14, 2015, 12:48:36 PM
er.. Red.. I have difficulty to translate your post with Google Translate.. is an answer ironic? or the sense is that it is an idea nearest to a colonial period that to a medieval? or that, since I have linked the idea also to Kralyerg, then.. I do not know.. I linked him just because I saw one his screenshot with dock and boat..
is not a good idea the boat builder?

i have been ironic with the fact you pushed the idea on both team in same time :)

To the question about : It is the idea more near to colonial than medieval ? I don't know. Boats, and boat building always been. Athenian got a fleet, Persian got a fleet ... Roman, england... they all got a fleet and making trades with the East.

the other half of my comment, which isn't ironical i was telling you what i, personally, i would do with it.

you want boat building. but what is the purpose ? what to do want ? do you want a relic on the ground that only look like a building and a boat that seems in construction ? and when you click on it , is it similar to when you click on a fence ? an empty building ?

or do you want a real building with real workers working in it ? and what will do these workers ? craft a boat ? a ship ? and what will happends when that boat or ship will be built and appear on the ground (or water) ?

(the 2nd half of my comment, i was explaining to you what i would do , if it is me who is doing it : have a menu, choose which model you build, take a year , cost alot of wood, worth 10,000 gold(value)

but, you cannot really push the idea on 2 moddlers cause if we both take a week and work on it. one of us will have lost his time. and if Kralyerg do it and include it in CC:EA, i will have lost my time.
so you need to decide : what you want, what it does, how it works, what you get, and who is doing it.
i told you what i would do with it, you need to choose.

Brathaehnchen

I personally think that the boat building belongs rather to the CC-EA as the Medieval Red-Mod. There ships are also already in use.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 14, 2015, 06:37:15 PM
I personally think that the boat building belongs rather to the CC-EA as the Medieval Red-Mod. There ships are also already in use.

maybe. anyway, Kralyerg (CC:EA Moddler) asked me today if can get all my other designs/models i made lately (specially Medieval Town) so probably all my housing and other features will be integrated in the next CC. ^^

And he is will and agreeing to split CC in lower parts (just need to figure out how he will split it up) :)

tonight i was working on the New Medieval school :)

and now i need to see how it looks like in game and see how much space left around to maybe add some decorations :) i would like here too to add maybe 2 stone bed of flowers :) like i did for BathHouse.

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 15, 2015, 04:25:28 AM
... anyway, Kralyerg (CC:EA Moddler) asked me today if can get all my other designs/models i made lately (specially Medieval Town) so probably all my housing and other features will be integrated in the next CC. ^^

And he is will and agreeing to split CC in lower parts (just need to figure out how he will split it up) :)
As long as they don't butcher the models too much, it can be a good thing :)
CC split up in smaller parts.. now thats interesting.  But then there isn't much need to include your mods in CC i guess..
I certainly would enjoy parts of it, it is a nice mod / theme, and some parts are actually wonderful to see.

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 15, 2015, 04:25:28 AM
tonight i was working on the New Medieval school :)

and now i need to see how it looks like in game and see how much space left around to maybe add some decorations :) i would like here too to add maybe 2 stone bed of flowers :) like i did for BathHouse.

Man, you keep delivering quality !

How about a small bell  in front or in bell tower ?

Fellow Villager

great work ketchup!
i'm drolling for next release...and i'm waiting to start another city!

RedKetchup

Quote from: chillzz on April 15, 2015, 05:13:51 AM
Man, you keep delivering quality !

How about a small bell  in front or in bell tower ?

OH That ! i didnt thought about that !!! i ll take care of it tonight :)

screenshot in game :) doesnt look too bad :) i thought i would have more space in front... oh well.
but definitly, i ll need to add a bell :)

also in the screenshot you can see it is a 2 lvl building, only a 3rd floor story residence can be added to it ^^
why ? to make change and different ^^  30 students btw :)

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 15, 2015, 05:56:29 AM
OH That ! i didnt thought about that !!! i ll take care of it tonight :)

screenshot in game :) doesnt look too bad :) i thought i would have more space in front... oh well.
but definitly, i ll need to add a bell :)

also in the screenshot you can see it is a 2 lvl building, only a 3rd floor story residence can be added to it ^^
why ? to make change and different ^^  30 students btw :)
i keep repeating myself... but NICE !

RedKetchup

kinda hard to find a bell that doesnt have 30-40,000 polygons lol

i ve got to make it myself, or at least, the big part of it :) and it is hard to find a texture to it ^^ for the moment i ve chose that :)

i ve tried alot of texture from there : http://www.shutterstock.com/s/bronze+texture/search.html?page=1&inline=115354759