BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.6 with 3-Story Medieval Houses.

Started by RedKetchup, April 04, 2015, 09:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

for the moment, i really not satisfied of the bell. cant find good texture for it.
warcraft raid just finished, but i take off tonight, want to just watch a movie or 2... will see tommorow
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

assobanana76

oh damn! this means goodbye to compatibility with saved games. no release of CC has never been compatible saved. damn!
I'll keep tight your version "house" up to current waiting new game for new CC with your medieval building.
anyway .. Red .. if I did something.. wrong .. .. I apologize .. I did not mean .. how Paeng said I imagine the community of Banished as a single community, although divided on various forums, for this I never posed problems to post my ideas in all forums ..
so still rarely taken consideration!  ;D the only case was the irrigation canal of Maal!
and still believe in the collaboration. such as the tannery for Darkbibou in which you made the building and Maal the skin.
I had not considered the "waste of time" when you both work .. sorry!
however my idea for the pier was purely as a decorative object while the boat builder thought could produce .... boats?! for sale?!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 15, 2015, 05:56:29 AM
Quote from: chillzz on April 15, 2015, 05:13:51 AM
Man, you keep delivering quality !

How about a small bell  in front or in bell tower ?

OH That ! i didnt thought about that !!! i ll take care of it tonight :)

screenshot in game :) doesnt look too bad :) i thought i would have more space in front... oh well.
but definitly, i ll need to add a bell :)

also in the screenshot you can see it is a 2 lvl building, only a 3rd floor story residence can be added to it ^^
why ? to make change and different ^^  30 students btw :)
I had lost that third floor with balcony!!  :o
so beatiful!!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 16, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
oh damn! this means goodbye to compatibility with saved games. no release of CC has never been compatible saved. damn!

that's sad

I'll keep tight your version "house" up to current waiting new game for new CC with your medieval building.

CC wont have the medieval buildings, maybe a couple or a few of my buildings (probably none with the Overlap ™, surely the Cathedral Wonder yes ^^) but it is possible Kralyerg will maybe try to make a big package with all CC included and all NMT included, and maybe more other little mods we can find, but it will be a different version. About compatibility, he just need to change the name of the textures.png so it doesnt give a 'red warning' , not always at me to change the name of the textures.... he can do too ^^

anyway .. Red .. if I did something.. wrong .. .. I apologize .. I did not mean ..

Don't worry, you did nothing wrong. What i said, wasnt meant to shame, was just to let you know about if 2 different moddlers work on it, 1 will maybe do it for nothing. So, we will make sure it doesnt happends, and we will discuss. if he doesnt do it, i will do it, and if he plan to do it, i wont do it :) in both case, you will get it, so dont worry.

how Paeng said I imagine the community of Banished as a single community, although divided on various forums, for this I never posed problems to post my ideas in all forums .. so still rarely taken consideration!  ;D the only case was the irrigation canal of Maal!
and still believe in the collaboration. such as the tannery for Darkbibou in which you made the building and Maal the skin.

Me too i tend to imagine the community as a sigle community, or i would have never share anything and never shared and help with my models :)

I had not considered the "waste of time" when you both work .. sorry!

i guess not , hehe ^^

however my idea for the pier was purely as a decorative object while the boat builder thought could produce .... boats?! for sale?!

if you want it only decorative..... but it can be more too, if that is what you want :)

Quote from: assobanana76 on April 16, 2015, 12:19:35 AM
I had lost that third floor with balcony!!  :o
so beatiful!!  ;D

you didnt lost the 3rd floor, you lost the 2nd floor on that one lol ^^

RedKetchup

well the Medieval School is done :) the bell will look that way, and i fixed the footprint :)

next !! ??

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 16, 2015, 12:51:17 AM

Don't worry, you did nothing wrong. What i said, wasnt meant to shame, was just to let you know about if 2 different moddlers work on it, 1 will maybe do it for nothing. So, we will make sure it doesnt happends, and we will discuss. if he doesnt do it, i will do it, and if he plan to do it, i wont do it :) in both case, you will get it, so dont worry.

i talk with Kralyerg and he will check and will tell me if he can do it, and if he is not .... he will tell me, then i ll do it :)

RedKetchup

a new Medieval Cloth Vendor ? ^^

i still have to see it in game IMO ^^

Edit: in game : great !! i just need to reduce the dress and make them a bit smaller ^^ hehe
and fix my footprint on the ground :)

Btw: i make them hold and sell the clothes and also the textiles that goes with :)

RedKetchup

well, much much better :) i reduced the jacket too :)

done :)

what next ?  :P

Brathaehnchen

The wait for the release of your mods is almost as bad as in a restaurant.
When you hungry, with a growling stomach sitting in front of a menu-card. And the waiter just will not come.  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: Brathaehnchen on April 17, 2015, 05:47:59 AM
The wait for the release of your mods is almost as bad as in a restaurant.
When you hungry, with a growling stomach sitting in front of a menu-card. And the waiter just will not come.  ;D

soon ™

;D

RedKetchup

not many building left to do :)

This patch i wish :

add grain to Fruit Store and will sells now Fruits, Vegetables and Grains (is there a better name?)
add wood to StoneCutter Shop and rename : Hardware Store

1x vendor sells : meats and proteins (name will be Meat Store)
1x vendor sells : tools ,textiles and firewood (name will be General Store)
1x vendor sells : ??

Next Patch:

Corner road Houses.

1x Bigger food store : will sells all kind of food (name will be Grocery Store)
1x Carpenter : take wood makes furnitures (name will be Carpenter Shop)
1x vendor sells : furnitures (name will be Furnitures Store)
1x StoneCutter Shop : take stone and make statues, tombstones, fountains, stoneworks.
1x vendor sells : Stoneworks (name will be Garden Store)
1x Shoe Maker : take leather and makes shoes (Shoe Maker Shop)

iacobus942

I am so excited for the 0.7, it looks great! I'm already looking forward to the next one too, I can't wait to put corner homes in my lovely colonial town and the new shops around my town square. I love the ideas for the next release, I had a similar thought regarding the stonecutter just earlier today. The shoemaker shop could also be cobbler or the old name cordwainer.
This mod already has so much, so no need to take this into advisement, but will there be skin variations of the houses by the final release? The white lime and stone is classic, but could there also be yellow stucco or red brick "briquette-entre-poteaux" types as well? Just a thought. Thanks so much for this mod, it's already enhanced playability a hundredfold.

RedKetchup

the briques are more recent than medieval i think, but will see

iacobus942

Sorry, that's what its called where I live. I was thinking of something akin to the attached image. Not the shape of the structure mind you, but the timber frame aesthetic matches your wonderful medieval structures, just with bricks. I think this image is from a medieval french village. Medieval baltic and hanseatic cities also come to mind. But as I've stated, there's already plenty of variation in your mod, so I'm perfectly content regardless.

chillzz

Roman era had (red) bricks too as well as early medieval.
medieval brick colors range from white, grey, to sandy yellow, red, and brown

Some interesting brick styles from medieval (early/middle) to late medieval.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brick_Romanesque_buildings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_Gothic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Brick_Renaissance_buildings

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 17, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
add grain to Fruit Store and will sells now Fruits, Vegetables and Grains (is there a better name?)
Over here such a store would be called 'groentenboer' (lit. vegetable farmer = Greengrocer ) for Fruit, Veggies, Potatoes
(grains were usually sold at a grocer, together with herbs and spices, coffee, tea, cocoa and tobacco)

Quote from: RedKetchup on April 17, 2015, 12:40:22 PM
add wood to StoneCutter Shop and rename : Hardware Store
1x vendor sells : tools ,textiles and firewood (name will be General Store)
i would suggest : stone, wood, firewood, tools : hardware store / supplies
textiles / clothing : tailor shop

Quote from: iacobus942 on April 17, 2015, 03:36:21 PM
I think this image is from a medieval french village.
Correct.. It's Albi, Midi Pyrénées, France.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup