News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 11:20:59 AMand if i am changing the brickwalls for very old bricks?

Oh yeah, I love it... looks great!  :)
And the new canal items are really cool... Love the 'Gate'  :)

I forgot to ask - will the "Dock" have a little storage capacity?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 11:20:59 AM
and if i am changing the brickwalls for very old bricks ? (something very similar to the quayside texture of CC)
yes yes! looks amazing :)
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on June 28, 2015, 11:28:28 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 11:20:59 AMand if i am changing the brickwalls for very old bricks?

Oh yeah, I love it... looks great!  :)
And the new canal items are really cool... Love the 'Gate'  :)

I forgot to ask - will the "Dock" have a little storage capacity?

great !!

dock ? the decorative dock ? give a storage capacity ? that can be an idea :) of how much ? 1000 capacity ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

all the Medieval Canal pieces have turned into 'Old Bricks' :)

tell me guys if you love it :)

EDIT: oh just 1 to do in fact lol , the Trading Post !

DesoPL

Nice! :D

Now we need only for now, some desert housing for CC and i will be happy. :)

RedKetchup

i can say... with this new brickwall texture... the Medieval Canal Trading Post changed look alot !!!

Glenn

Red,

The new "old brick" texture looks great, and while the original texture was very good it did however give a certain sameness to the game and town when using it.

The change in texture gives more diversity to the appearance of the game and is i feel more appealing to the eye.

Nilla

It doesn't look bad, but I think, I like the old texture better, it's more the "NMT-texture". Fits very good together with the houses and the other buildings, also the color. For the canal, it doesn't matter so much but, I liked the old harbour building better.

But as always; do what you like! It's your mod.

bubbamcgee

I'm like Nilla... the new textures don't look bad.  But, I'm not totally sold on it either.  I was hoping for something much more like the quay wall pieces from CC... so that they could naturally transition from one to another. 

Also, I'm not totally sold on the boat dock for the trading post.  Turning the boat 90 degrees into the docked position would not have been a natural setup.  Many of the trade docks along the historic canals would have the boat coming alongside the docks, just like the vanilla trading post.

Just my 2 cents worth, which doesn't amount to much.  I'll still the use pieces no matter what.   ;)

RedKetchup

the CC quay wall use this (picture1) and the one i used (picture2) it is very similar, it is just mine is more clear and way better resolution. the cc quay wall has piece of woods that maybe make it look different

RedKetchup

here some picture posted by @Paeng

the thing that do the most difference is : the quay wall are following the river and always moving, always curving.
my canal is a very very straight line with absolutely no curves. i can add the piece of wood, but i dont thinkn it would make it alot more like the CC quay wall.

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 11:33:06 AMdock? the decorative dock? give a storage capacity? that can be an idea :) of how much? 1000 capacity?

Yeah, I think 1000 or 1200 is enough... I think it's nice to have a little storage there  :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 12:50:26 PM'Old Bricks'
tell me guys if you love it

I like them, the color is a bit "warmer"... nice break from the grey, for me I don't want all of the NMT to be just one uniform color...  :)

* Yeah, the trade post looks really very unique now... nice!  :)

RedKetchup

i guess i m kinda stuck to offer both lol

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 28, 2015, 07:28:46 PMi guess i m kinda stuck to offer both lol

Tehehe... that's a "luxury problem"...  :P

RedKetchup