News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah my textures came from that, even the 3 colors of flower. water lily ? i typed nenuphar cause it is how we call those in here. will check to put darker when i will continue :) and put the ..... 'quenouilles' in french ^^ (dunno english word of these)

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

AzemOcram

If you are referring to the reed-like plants growing nearest the water, they are called Cattails in English because their seeds/flowers (whatever you call the tube shaped gametophyte carrying part of the plant) vaguely resemble the tails of cats. Some people call them rushes but I only heard that term in an old children's story about Cap o' Rushes.

Anyway, I really like the way your new buildings look. I think that Colonial Charter 1.4, New Medieval Town, 3 Story Houses, and my WIP Rowhouse mod will combine nicely to make good, realistically dense cities in Banished.

--Ocram

RedKetchup

yeah the mods are melting well together and it is only a 'must' to use them all :)

so.... cattails ?

;D

that will be my cattails ^^

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

thats pretty much that.

what you all think of it ?

sandysan

It's very beautiful. Decorative and useful

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 16, 2015, 08:45:31 PM
i think i ve put a bit too many ^^

I don't think. I lives in front of a pond and there are more rushes on the edge.

paralias

it's beautifull but i think it looks perfectly round .. maybe a more free form shape

RedKetchup

Quote from: paralias on May 17, 2015, 02:32:30 AM
it's beautifull but i think it looks perfectly round .. maybe a more free form shape

the problem is i am not free to shape. these moats things are a pain and dont obey

MightyCucumber

I know this is still in the early stage of development, but maybe reduce the number of cattails a bit? :) They seem to be too dense.

Maybe make a dense patch here and there and the rest of the pond all around would just have 1,2 or 3 cattails spread out randomly. Would give a more natural look to it. ;) Also, and this is just my opinion, the green should be a little more similar to the green of the grass.

Bobbi

Agree with @MightyCucumber suggestions. It is very beautiful. In the early shots it looked liked someone was fishing? Will it be a fish pond? I am perfectly happy with just decorative if that's not the case. And as long as we are pestering with requests maybe make more than one size? We should do a new contest when you are done, "Most beautiful village" with only Redketchup mods, or only mods found on WoB.

Paeng

The pond is nice... maybe don't put the cattails in a complete circle?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

yeah i will try to : try more water textures. try to scarce the cattails abit, and spread them around. about the form, i will maybe add a 1x2 on one side to hopefully break the circle

but first. gonna break out all the mods.
and add 1 master toolbar icon.

medieval castle => 2 different mod : 1 for wall and castle, 1 for water canal building named : Medieval Port.
medieval town => 2 or 3 different mod : 1 for the 3 row housing, 1 for the shops, 1 for the vanilla reskinned buildings.

98% chance the new setup wont be compatible.
i will try to launch that in same time of 1.4 CC launch since people will have to delete all their saves cities anyways^^

assobanana76

Red, I was thinking ..
only to increase a little bit more your hard work..  ;D
after the vanilla market and the colonial market ..
don't you think we need a medieval market 12x12 ??
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup