News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

chillzz

Quote from: assobanana76 on May 18, 2015, 04:24:26 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 18, 2015, 04:23:21 AM
i dont think :P ??
I was hoping there ...  :'( ;D

you could re create an open air medieval market square with all currently available markets, stalls. carts etc.

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on May 17, 2015, 11:21:08 PM
but first. gonna break out all the mods.
and add 1 master toolbar icon.

medieval castle => 2 different mod : 1 for wall and castle, 1 for water canal building named : Medieval Port.
medieval town => 2 or 3 different mod : 1 for the 3 row housing, 1 for the shops, 1 for the vanilla reskinned buildings.

very bad news too all wished that but...

i wont be able to break out all the mods.i wanted please everyone and do : 1 master icon and have all 4-5 mods go sit on it =>>  is not possible.
even if i copy paste all the files.... the game just copy it and put a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th copy on the main toolbar. and each copy have their sub toolbars sitting on their own copy.

already Medieval Castle should have been part of Medieval Town... i agreed to make it separated => 2 toolbar instead of 1
then seperate Medieval Canals from Medieval Castle => up to 3 toolbar icons
then seperate Medieval Shops from Medieval Town ... => up to 4 toolbar icons....
and so on...

i can understand people want this but not want that ....
i cant please everyone :(

probably i should just abandon everything, sadly

RedKetchup

or i put some individual icons everywhere like CC:EA and fill them all

chillzz

too bad, but you can't please everyone.

Medieval Town
- Housing
- Production
- Markets
- Other (Cathedral, school etc)

Medieval Castle
- Walls
- Bridges
- Canal / Moats

like you have now, is still a good split.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Bobbi

If you can't easily split them, then DON'T. You can't please everyone. As stated before, I would download them all anyway 'cause I love all your stuff. Please don't abandon the project.
I think medieval market is also unnecessary (sorry @assobanana76)

bubbamcgee

I agree with Bobbi 110%!  Don't abandon the project.  I do not care if you lump it all into one mod.  The extra stuff that may not apply into the specific town I'm building, I just won't use like parts of the Colonial Charter stuff... no big deal! 

And your idea to
Quote from: RedKetchup on May 18, 2015, 08:56:27 AMput some individual icons everywhere like CC:EA and fill them all
, though not pretty or ideal, is okay as well.  I do not want to see the work you've done on this beautiful project, let alone any of your other mods, to disappear.

Oh, by the way... I do NOT see the need for a medieval market at all.  Especially with the vanilla, CC markets, and your medieval storefronts already in game.

RedKetchup

i tried :( even tried some tricks to make the game and/or the compiler to be blind or brainwashed.... but it doesnt want to cooperate :S
hard to brainwash a machine ^^

i hoped for it, i still thought it was a good idea to have a master icon and make it call everything i do :(
unless Luke knows a way to trick it ... i tried everything i could.

irrelevant

Quote from: chillzz on May 18, 2015, 08:58:51 AM
too bad, but you can't please everyone.

Medieval Town
- Housing
- Production
- Markets
- Other (Cathedral, school etc)

Medieval Castle
- Walls
- Bridges
- Canal / Moats

like you have now, is still a good split.
To me, this is the logical split.

RedKetchup

i spent around 10 hrs on that today, from 1 am last night to noon today

Bobbi

Not being a modder, I am pretty sure I don't understand. But I DO understand it is stressing you out. So do something else you enjoy and stop trying to make the crazy game do what it won't do. Who knows, sometime maybe you will be sleeping and will wake up knowing exactly what to do. And if you never figure it out, 99% of us will be happy with one big ol' mod.

Glenn

Red, no one wants you to abandon your projects as your mods are a pleasure to use and enhance the game immensely.
In my mind your concern over the icons is simply the matter of how to make the project save game compatible without having to demolish everything you have built in a game.
Therefore I suggest your mods need to be uploaded in separate packages as previously mentioned by other people.
Particularly so as it appears a master icon is impossible to build.
You simply need to group the mods appropriately, then when you want to create anything new you can create a new group.
That way people can add any group they want into any game.
In the end you need to do what makes you happy and makes your hobby a pleasure rather than a chore.
The town is a logical group, as is the castle and moat/canal.
If you have other enhancements in mind then the pond could be included to create yet another group.
You may for example have a group with a pond,  an arbour, and other enhancements to build a park in the centre of your town.
There may even be a way to use the work you have done in creating your canal to allow it to create a swimming pool.
Or a group that may have an open air theatre, and sailing boats that sails if possible from one pleasure dock to another.
Or a group for new bridges -- include the existing wooden bridge and add a suspension bridge or an extra wide bridge with towers to be used where your main town is being built.
Remember do what makes you happy and keep up the good work.

assobanana76

@RedKetchup
the mod is yours, and make what you think is best and we will appreciate it as well as it will create!

oh .. to everyone else .. no problem .. the medieval market was just an idea!  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

Brotte

I know exactly how you feel Red. The frustration of not succeding in making it perfect when you are a perfectionist. Makes you wanna scream and abandon everything.
Trust me, I've been there (and likely going there again).

Your work is incredible as it is and we all love what you do, so don't give up now. Take a well deserved break and when you return, focus on what makes YOU happy, not me or anybody else. When your mods are done, we'll take it as it is without complaint.

Of course, it's entirely up to you, but I know at least a dozen people that would be very sad (myself included) if you decide to abandon the project...