Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on June 15, 2015, 09:27:12 PM
You know, i mean an new building. :)

a farm is a simple crop, there is no building, and there is no place for a building the way it is done.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

assobanana76

Quote from: DesoPL on June 15, 2015, 10:56:37 AM
Ketchup you think, farm houses with second floor etc might be possible? Like here example.
if u're looking for farmhouse with second floor take a look in my village blog "New Las Vegans"..  ;D
I made an use "alternative" of Red's medieval 2nd and 3rd floor...  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

overall, the New 3 levels of Medieval Hostel will look like that :)

DesoPL

Looks nice Red. :) I found also some samples for houses like that, maybe might be helpfull. :)

Fixed!

RedKetchup

i think i m gonna try something totally new i never did before, i will offer an 'upgrade' button on these level 1 and lever 2 Hostels that will have the purpose to .... 100% optimise and reduce lag at maximum
i will try to name this button : "Optimization" and the tooltip will say " Optimize this floor to make it compatible with a 2nd floor built ontop of it "

When we build a 1st floor, and after we build a 2nd floor on top of it.... we dont need the old roof of the 1st floor anymore, right ?
So the upgrade graphic of the first floor will no longer have a roof, and also i did it completly 100% optimized, there wont be any single faces of a piece of wood that we dont see (inside the house, beneath the house)
by checking the model in the screenshot, totally to the right, you will see the difference with the optimized and the full model at bottom of the screen :)

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on June 16, 2015, 10:52:32 PM
Looks nice Red. :) I found also some samples for houses like that, maybe might be helpfull. :)

we cannot see the images cause in order to see the picture, we need to have an account there and be logged in it.

RedKetchup

DesoPL

I do my best, to finding some samples. :D

kee

Now (yes, I know I'm slow) I've tried this mod and it is very, very good. Love the possibility of making courtyards. To that effect I have a request: having a gateway house, based on your second floor buildings (I use them as gateways now), You know- with arched wooden doors (must be ajar- to allow banishims to walk past without breaking illusion). Possible for future development?
The skin on the hunters residence cabin is supposed to be a log cabin, yes? If you're up to some fiddling the definition of the logs and the locking logends could use some tweaking to get the look just right, for images do a image search for "laft" and "log house". Wikipedia also has some https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_house info, althoug you'd have to sift through a bit of the images to get to ones that are truly medieval.
http://digitaltmuseum.no/011053635056/gallery?pos=1&count=9&exhibition_id=EB7C8424-4B07-4D4F-9EF2-89CFF3E84C92
Kim Erik

RedKetchup

yeah, it is supposely in the to do list to make some arch house with a passage way underneath :) so many possibilities, 100x more ideas than time i have to do them ^^
i go on my own pace, cant do that 20 hrs per day , anymore ^^

one day ... there will some made :)

------------------

finished the New Medieval Corner Hostel 2nd floor :) + an upgrade 'Optimization' if we want to build a 3rd floor ontop of it (again without a roof and fully 100% optimized)

RedKetchup

optimized at max possible the New Medieval Hostel Floor 3 :) there is no 'upgrade' available for this one, cause it will never have a 4th floor ontop of it ^^
hehe

just need to do my code tommorow :) and see them all in game :)

it looks like nothing but i ve put another 11 hrs tonight on this !

chillzz

Awesome red! you keep coming up with good ideas :)

so basically you build a 1st (ground) floor.
then you build a 2nd floor above it (placed to right side)
then upgrade 1st floor
then build 3rd floor (placed to the left side)
then upgrade 2nd floor ?

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

bubbamcgee

@RedKetchup - That looks awesome... and the idea of the "optimization" upgrade will definitely help with reducing lag and keep those pesky little bits and pieces from other levels from showing through.  Great idea!  Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve for corner buildings.    ;)