News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dookie

I built a town with CC (1.4) on one side of a river and expanded with an entire NM town on the other half.  Making the new medieval town was fun.  Thanks for the work, RedKetchup.

One thing I liked about NMT was you could build everything with standard resources.  This version of CC has you making production buildings for items like pottery, furniture (plain and fancy), glassware, bedding etc., and although glassware can be used to make other products, the resource items like pottery and furniture are only useful for making "furnishings."  Therefore, production buildings like pottery and building supplier are usually always idle, or you end up with a bunch of useless lumber (they cost the same as firewood for trading and are made much slower).  It's tedious to micromanage.

Will the constructing your NMT restored ruins sites use archaeology artifacts as resources?  If so, are there required input resources to gain the artifacts?   In other words, do we have to make the artifacts with other items, meaning another supply chain, or do the archaeologists just find them over time?

In any case, the hostel looks awesome, and the ancient ruins idea is really cool.  I can imagine things like Aztec pyramids and sites like that, although that example might not fit the theme.   Looking forward to the update.

Kimbolton

Hi Red,

That abandoned church looks so nice I was wondering if there was a similar non abandoned version we could use in the game as a regular church.

DesoPL

List of things i would like see in future releases both CC and MT.

1: Alchemist. Providing happines and cure for diseases.

2: Decorative buildings of Barracks, Archery Range, Stable etc.

3: Decorative buildings of castle ruins, temple ruins etc.

4: Desert like buildings, like in Jerusalem etc. I mean here Desert maps from CC etc.

5: Viking set buildings i miss them.

6: Land trade post, or at least as decorative.

7: More metals / rocks to produce like copper, granite, limestone etc.

8: New Town Hall models to choose, like in CC added Chapel models.

9: More Asian like buildings.

10: Coastal type map, where is one river, maybe some lakes outside the river, leading to the ocean.

11: Docks buildings like dock warehouse, brothel, lighthouse etc.

RedKetchup

hello all :)

about contruct building with elaborate resource : i am not for it, i prefer to use the original resource of the game : logs, stone, iron. that way it stay compatible no matter what with everything, and yeah too much complicated is really a pain and tedious to micromanage.

the way Archeology works, the archeologists analyze the rocks (stone) citizen are bringing back from all the map and makes some findings.
so the resource input for these are stones. each stone = 1 to 2 archeology artefact (depending education) these artefact has a value of 4. i made sure this time to not set a big fake economy based on artefact. a stone worth 7 , and you can get 8 value out of it :)

gonna check if i can make something out of wood at some point.

i need to fix the ruins tonight, and then after going to work on another one, the next one is a derelick ship like the Santa Maria... or something else maybe viking ship... to be build next a river/lake

the Abandonned Church wasnt planned to be 'in use' but i can see if i can do something about it :) maybe same with Stonehedge ^^ i can make then act as a church with a priest .... this is not a problem.

thanks @DesoPL  for the suggestions :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

Dookie

thanks for the answer and info.

btw, shipwreck sounds cool.

RedKetchup

Archeology Site: Ruins has been fixed :)
going to the next one :)

RedKetchup

i think i will forget the vessel / shipwreck for the moment, till i find a good mesh :P

but whats about the ruins of an old greek temple ? like Aphaea ?

RedKetchup

i have another very similar but i cant find what really is .... looks alot like some pompeii ruins

RedKetchup

Nilla

You know I used your mod for my large settlement and have been thinking about a couple of small adjustments, that could make the mod even more enjoyable, if you use it to build a little bit larger. Maybe you could  consider one or two of them in your update:

1. Demolishing button

You read my blog and know that I had problems with couples who separated. To force them together I "fake demolished" a lot of houses. Sometimes it isn't easy to find the right floor to demolish. I made a lot of mistakes and demolished the wrong floor. A button at the menu, like the upgrade button on the normal wooden houses, would make this much easier. I know, normally you don't do this that much, but sometimes it is necessary also without my "bug"(after epidemics, starvation...)

Such a button is extra useful at the inn (boardinghouse). If you want to use it as living space, the only way to found new families is to "fake demolish" it. (As far as I understand it).

But I read somewhere that you talked about an upgrade button to take away parts of the building not seen, so maybe it is already done.

2. Change the default number of vendors at the small stores from 2 to 1.

The default number of vendors is 2. This is pretty inconvenient, especially before you have more laborers than you really need. 1 would be much more comfortable.

Why?

At the beginning, I seldom use more than 1 vendor in these stores. It's enough in most cases. (at some places with a high production 2 or more might be useful, but that's rare at the beginning). What happens when you build a new market? At some old market there is suddenly no vendor at all. Of cause the new market (2 vendors wanted) is occupied before the old one. So you have to find the new market, not so easy if you build a lot, and change the number .

This would of cause be avoided if you let the wanted number of vendors stay 2 and only occupies half the possible number. But as I said, at some markets you really want 2 or more vendors and than everything is mixed up.

By the way; 4 as maximum number is good.

3. Wool and leather not in both in textile stores and in general stores

Wool and leather are the only products that are distributed to two different kind of stores. Why? It's pretty inconvenient. I would take it away from one of them. Which one? It doesn't really matter, as long as you store it in just one of them. As it is now, you have to "flood" the place unnecessarily, to secure you got wool where you want it.

Only at the textile market would make it easier; The tailor gets his wool at the same place as he gets rid of his products. But also only at the general store would work. You have to plan a little bit more and build both stores in close distance to the tailor.

4. A separate grain store

You have one store for meat, but for the other types of food, you use the same. As you saw in my settlement; it works well that way. But I would have preferred a separate store for grain. You could plan the distribution of especially the flour better in miller/baker areas.

I don't think it would be easier or harder this way. Easier to get a good structure, but you need one more store.

I see no disadvantage in having fruit and vegetables at the same store. But maybe it is, if you have a lot of breweries.

RedKetchup

2 and 3 : done

4 : would need to make a new building. will check that tomm

1 : demand alot of work, maybe , i dunno. no promises

Dookie

I haven't played much with specialized storage.  It's hard to put the many different vendors close to where I want them and later forgetting which ones are specialized for what items.

Regarding the ruins on second thought, if you need artifacts to make the ruins, then it all depends on how much it costs. 
  I would like to build every set of "archeology ruins," but if it's too stone expensive (eg. cathedral), then I probably will wait until very late in the endgame when I'm running out of good space.  Please don't make it way too expensive if the new material for creating the ruins is artifacts.  Moreover, we would have to stop the archeologist from using all the stone, so that's another building we have to turn on and off.
  Maybe use other inputs:  paper (paper mill using textile, grain stalks or wood),but nevermind, that would be more of a separate project within NMT.  The archeologist has to draw and write to publish about the artifacts, haha. 

I feel like stone is the most scarce resource.  It could be coal, iron, or anything else, but stone is too useful for everything, lol.  I had 2500 stone yesterday, played for 2 hours, and now I can't afford a cathedral for 800.  In my older towns/maps, I would stock up over 5k stone and it was hard to maintain because it always relied on the randomness of the traders, but the only way to avoid that is the build too many trading posts or quarries.

DesoPL

Next ideas.

1: Upgrade hunter's cabin. Adding an dog for tracking animals, in result improves food production in significant numbers.

2: Watchtower decoration, this might look nice for wooden fort walls from CC.

3: Upgrade pastures, adding houses if is possible.

4: More specialized warehouses like for rice, fruits etc.

5: More canals buildings like statue around water, square canals, canals with barrels etc. Like there are quayside decorations in newest CC.

6: Palace housing. While CC adds Mansions etc, what about Palaces?

7: Pirates like building, decorations etc.

8: Tropical jungle like map.

9: Camels pasture.

10: Asian like / Egyptian stone walls?

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 22, 2015, 01:34:10 AMwhats about the ruins of an old greek temple?

Hmmm - would maybe work if we had complete settings and maps... as it is now (colonial settings), greek or italian does not really fit in  :)

Maybe look for more central american models, like stepped pyramids and such? I really like your more simple ruins (page 20, bottom) - they are more mysterious, but fit basically any setting (jungle, desert, mountains etc.)... oh yeah, shipwreck is also cool... ;D

For me I don't mind if these things are very expensive (e.g. plenty different materials)... like with the cathedral, they should be very special items, not something you build all over the place... but that's just me...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]