News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

Well about hobbit house. I was also been serious about that, and i think i regret that.  :o

RedKetchup

hehe cause if i laugh... it cause the root cellar reminded that ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

Well root houses might be nice, but not sure if possible. I look forward for viking / pagan like buildings. :)

RedKetchup

the picture 14 is a real viking church ^^ nobody found it ^^
(2 people talked about church...)

Stephen122334

Ive been away for awhile on a civ v binge and I am amazed at the work been done by you red since I have been last here

The Pilgrim

I love some of these buildings.  Some of them I think are awesome but out of place for the period but could be perfect for the industrial revolution mod.

1. Looks like it could be an inn/tavern.   ;D

2.  A local watchtower maybe?   ???

3.  This could be the perfect building for an alternate trading post. 8)

4.  I think this one looks like an old guild hall... so maybe an alternate town hall  :)

5. Alternate boarding house  :D

6. I think this would make great smaller houses like the CC town abode if you could split this into two buildings.   ;D

7.Great schoolhouse, but more industrial revolution/victorian era.  8)

8.  I really really want you to make this one.  It is the perfect old English village church.  LOVE IT!!!!   ;D

9.  Hmmm country town hall?  Looks kind of like a longhouse and that is one of the functions they served. ???

10.  Awesome for a high end residence, like a wealthy merchant or noble   :D

11.  Jeez, i don't know what this could be...  ;)  But can we please have it.   :)

12.  Sweet manor house.   ;D

13.  Definitely industrial era   8)

14. Not really sure but i like it.   :-\

15.  I also really really want this one for a church.   ;D

16.  Too GeorgianColonial Industrial Era   ::)

Nicee job over all

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 25, 2015, 04:19:46 PM
the picture 14 is a real viking church ^^ nobody found it ^^
(2 people talked about church...)

You know me, I like being a bit of a "besserwisser", sorry!  :-[ ;)

But no, that's no viking church! The vikings were pagans and that's a part of the definitions of the viking area. As we became christians here in the north (and besides that the first churches were made of wood), the viking area was over.

Maybe it's an English church from the viking area. The vikings pillaged (and conquered) christian Britain for many years and I think the Englishmen built churches, that could somehow resist the mean northmen! :)

RedKetchup

i dunno it is from a viking touristic site ^^
thats what the person said ^^
maybe it is a bit post-viking ^^

RedKetchup

ADDED: Medieval Creamery with all the dairy products :)

that was a big one i wanted to add since long time :)
we still have all the Cheese, Cream, Yogurt, + i added Butter (to be same as CC)
i still have to do something with these products elsewhere ^^probably in the bakery :)
keep in mind that Butter isnt edible :) but can serve as cooking ingredient /wink

i kept the general idea with the building, mostly, but i remade 90% of it. i made it compatible with the Medieval Houses :) you can only put the 2nd floor though (no 3rd floor)
and i made it more beautiful :)

oh and BTW , i made it so the brown Cattle and Milky Cows are 2 different Livestock :)
you still can buy Cattle, they dont give milk
if you buy Milky Cows, they give milk but they dont give beef when they die :) (they still give leather though)
(cattle still give leather and Beef when they die, but no milk)

Edit: i still have to do my footprint, and fix the roof so we dont see it overlap on the 2nd floor (like in the screenshot)

chillzz

Dude wow! looks amazing in the NMT style!

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AM
i still have to do something with these products elsewhere ^^probably in the bakery :)
keep in mind that Butter isnt edible :) but can serve as cooking ingredient /wink
good for cream filled pastries and puff-pastry or other buttery dough :)

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AM
oh and BTW , i made it so the brown Cattle and Milky Cows are 2 different Livestock :)
you still can buy Cattle, they dont give milk
if you buy Milky Cows, they give milk but they dont give beef when they die :) (they still give leather though)
(cattle still give leather and Beef when they die, but no milk)
Cool! just like the real thing ;)
Cows used for milk hardly ever gets used for the meat (although some high end chefs now prefer dairy cattle meat)

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

DesoPL

But if i've got CC installed, meat from cattles will still possible to get? I mean butcher who make food from cows, can as well from cattles?

Now we need only also medieval storages etc.

chillzz

yeah, since the (brown) cows / cattle is the original game cow, with beef and leather.
The Holsteiner ("milky cows")  are the extra cows RedKetchup introduces for milk (and leather).
this instead of adding milk to the regular brown cows as is done now.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

kee

Ahem. As a dairy farmer i must inform you that dairy cattle are indeed sent to slaughter. A norwegian red, which I'm most familiar with, is quite like a holsteiner but a bit more meat, better fecundity and health and lower milk yield. It has a live weight of 550-650 kgs (translates to 330 kgs slaughtered weight or 55% of live weight). Bull calfs are often raised to young bulls for meat or slaughtered as calfs.
The meat yield per animal for milk breeds is matkedly lower than for beef breeds though so I have no opposition to separate the two ingame and let the Herefords provide meat and the Holsteiners milk.
Kim Erik

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AMi made it so the brown Cattle and Milky Cows are 2 different Livestock

Hmmm... :-\
I mean that would be fine if I could raise both cattle AND milk cows (in 2 different pastures, but on the same map)...  however, I don't think that is possible with this mod kit? So now I have to decide for one or the other again?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]