News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 06:42:27 AM
ADDED: Medieval Creamery with all the dairy products :)

that was a big one i wanted to add since long time :)
we still have all the Cheese, Cream, Yogurt, + i added Butter (to be same as CC)
i still have to do something with these products elsewhere ^^probably in the bakery :)
keep in mind that Butter isnt edible :) but can serve as cooking ingredient /wink

Looks great!!!

And I do hope you still can choose which products you want. The CC-diary, where all products comes together randomly is not very nice.

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on June 26, 2015, 11:19:54 AM

Hmmm... :-\
I mean that would be fine if I could raise both cattle AND milk cows (in 2 different pastures, but on the same map)...  however, I don't think that is possible with this mod kit? So now I have to decide for one or the other again?
sure you can @Paeng ! You can have Chicken (original) and White Chicken (Longhorns - modkit example) both at the same time.
Same produce (eggs, chicken meat), 2 pastures, 2 different 'chickens'. so will work for cows too.
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Paeng

Quote from: chillzz on June 26, 2015, 11:32:34 AMso will work for cows too.

Are you sure? The two chickens are two different models... for the cow we have only one model, as far as I know?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

Quote from: Paeng on June 26, 2015, 11:37:35 AM
Are you sure? The two chickens are two different models... for the cow we have only one model, as far as I know?
White Chicken is just a copy of 'Chicken' according to Luke.
@RedKetchup added milk to the in-game cow, then added holsteiner skintexture in a later version (just like slink)

now he rewrote the dairy mod, to not add to in-game, but introduce new cow (copy of in-game), but modified produce output.
So if he says he's done it, i certainly believe it will work ;)

Gatherer

So with 2 different cows we will need more pastures for the same amount of food?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

bah i thought it was a good idea to have cattle as original in game, and have another kind of cattle named Milky Cow that would produce milk (but no beef) cause people found that too OP back in time and i just wanted to equilibrate.

but people seems to not happy :S so i ll delete the milky cows and just make Cattle to drop milk
(we could have both kind of cow. it is just we cannot have a seperate skin from a cow to another though which require the .fbx)

ps.: not sure what are you asking @Nilla . we always selected at my creamery  what we choose to do, and still today. (i never heard we can make them select RNG randomly) , maybe the 3rd screenshot can answer your question)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

so one cow only. (milk when they live and leather and beef when they die)

do you want to keep the name Cattle ? or renamed like Milky Cow ?
do you want original Skin ? or the black and white skin ?

you have the weekend to decide.

gerns

no NO no please keep both you were so right with the two cow versions , i know i want them

gerns

original for cattle and black and white for holsteins-milk

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 09:13:52 PM
bah i thought it was a good idea to have cattle as original in game, and have another kind of cattle named Milky Cow that would produce milk (but no beef) cause people found that too OP back in time and i just wanted to equilibrate.

but people seems to not happy :S so i ll delete the milky cows and just make Cattle to drop milk
(we could have both kind of cow. it is just we cannot have a seperate skin from a cow to another though which require the .fbx)

ps.: not sure what are you asking @Nilla . we always selected at my creamery  what we choose to do, and still today. (i never heard we can make them select RNG randomly) , maybe the 3rd screenshot can answer your question)

I think it's a good idea to have both cattle (meat) and cows (milk). It's quite like in the real world. There are beef cattle (no milk) and milk cows. The only thing that's not so realistic is that the milk cows gives no meat. If you want to make it realistic (but I don't find it necessary), let the milk cows produce meat and leather, too, but less then the cattle.

I am glad you don't understand what I mean, that means you are not going to change anything. But look at the diary from the CC mod. (if it's not changed from the last version). It works like a gatherer, where you cannot choose how much mushrooms, berries...... he picks. If you play the CC mod, you cannot choose which products he produces, it's a mixture of them all. Very inconvenient. Your version is much better.

Gatherer

Quote from: Nilla on June 27, 2015, 02:52:35 AM
let the milk cows produce meat and leather, too, but less then the cattle.

This.
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

i cannot unfortunatly decide how much beef this cow or that cow gives when they die because it is not in those files that is decided how many beef it gives, that's in the 'beef' file it is decided.

also has i tried to explain earlier : we can make 2-3-4+cows with different names (animals) with the same graphic(cow). it is not a problem.
but i cannot gives different skins (brown or holstein). i only can decide 1 skin and they all wear that skin.
to make different skin, i would need to have Luke's 3D graphic file (fbx). i already asked in the past and said no ^^ (i mean he said nothing and ignored my demand ^^)

i would need to know how to make 3D animals with animations. and do my own cow ^^

so you guys decided 1 or 2 animal , and which skin they 'ALL' wear :)
if it is 1 animal, it gives alll : leather, beef and milk.
if it is 2 animal, the milky cow gives only leather and milk.
or the milky cow give all beef, leather and milk, and i will make it to cost more (1000 instead of 800), thats another option :)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 26, 2015, 09:13:52 PMbah i thought it was a good idea

Oh, and it is... you are sometimes too sensitive to different reactions  :D
We, the mere mortal "common users", sometimes need things to be explained en detail, maybe even two or three times before it sinks in... LOL  ;)

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2015, 04:10:34 AMif it is 1 animal, it gives alll : leather, beef and milk.
or the milky cow give all beef, leather and milk, and i will make it to cost more (1000 instead of 800), thats another option :)

You see? This one even I understood...  ;D

I'd be happy with option 2 or 3... with the black and white skin...  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

chillzz

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2015, 04:10:34 AM
so you guys decided 1 or 2 animal , and which skin they 'ALL' wear :)
if it is 1 animal, it gives alll : leather, beef and milk.
for looks, i opt for 'Holsteiner-Frisian' the black/white
i think 1000 would be slightly too cheap, for a multi purpose cow.
-  'original' beef + leather (800)
- 'Milky Cows' - milk + leather (800)
- Milky Meat Cows' - milk + leather + beef (1200)