News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Discussions : New Medieval Town v 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, April 19, 2015, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

it is going a little bit slower than expected... and i lost 2 hrs today for maybe a stupid letter somewhere in the code that i was never seen ...

since the canal 4 tiles width are finished....

doing 6 tiles and 8 tiles large :)
in both 6 and 8 i made : the straight, the end, the corner, the 3way and the 4way
still missing the bridges, gates, filler1x, the dock and fishing dock. and the TP
and maybe 2 jokers (8=>6 and 6=>4)

maybe i will have 1 or 2 days late on the schedule. i ll announce tomm night if i postpone the launch or not.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i can say ......
after that, when released... i ll take 1-2 month off lol if not maybe more ^^

DesoPL

Ketchup any chances, you can make an medieval variation of CC productions buildings like glassworks etc? This might be fun through.

bubbamcgee

@RedKetchup - Thanks for the pics on the previous page showing the clarification on the stone on your canals vs the quay wall pieces.  The more that I look at your stone texture, the more I like it.  As for running the wood barrier along the canals... I see no need for it.  Especially in consideration that historic canals didn't provide such barriers.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on June 29, 2015, 07:18:12 AM
Ketchup any chances, you can make an medieval variation of CC productions buildings like glassworks etc? This might be fun through.

not in this build, maybe later

RedKetchup

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 29, 2015, 04:44:49 AM
it is going a little bit slower than expected... and i lost 2 hrs today for maybe a stupid letter somewhere in the code that i was never seen ...

since the canal 4 tiles width are finished....

doing 6 tiles and 8 tiles large :)
in both 6 and 8 i made : the straight, the end, the corner, the 3way and the 4way
still missing the bridges, gates, filler1x, the dock and fishing dock. and the TP
and maybe 2 jokers (8=>6 and 6=>4)

maybe i will have 1 or 2 days late on the schedule. i ll announce tomm night if i postpone the launch or not.

i made all pieces in 6 and 8x :) the trading posts asked alot more time than expected ^^
they had something wrong anyways i had to fix (something about the footprint size)

only jokers left to do. and check ALL my footprints graphics made of dirt :)

RedKetchup

the Jokers are done :)

Medieval Canal : Joker 8-6 and Medieval Canal : Joker 6-4 allow you to connect a 8 tiles canal system to a 6 tiles canal system to a 4 tiles canal system :)

only left to do a big copy paste and do the old brick texture (CC similar) :) which should take a couple of hours only :)
(for 8 tiles and 6 tiles. the 4 tiles are already made)

kee

Impressive. Love your eye for detail in the structures and textures. Looking forward to try it out.
Kim Erik

RedKetchup

mwahaha to offer all the pieces in 2 different textures i need to make a copy of all my files. 602 files :)
to make it simple and fast, all my files start with 'New'.
so i made a copy of my folder, i took a 'file renamer' and asked to rename all files starting with 'New' and replace these 3 letters by 'Old'
took 2-3 click , and 602 files was made in 1 sec lol (NewMedievalCanal4x4WayBuild01AO.rsc => OldMedievalCanal4x4WayBuild01AO.rsc for example)

next, since they are text and there are tons of links inside that need to be changed.... i took TextCrawler and i asked to open everything that is .rsc and find inside all 'New' and replace by 'Old'
886 citations in my 602 files :) it took 2-3 click , and 886 words "New" was changed in "Old" in 2 sec lol
( Like this:  String _imageName = "Models\Canals\NewMedievalCanal4x4WayBuild01AO.png";  => String _imageName = "Models\Canals\OldMedievalCanal4x4WayBuild01AO.png";)

thats what i call " effectiveness " and  " efficiency " !!! lol

DesoPL

Red if i might suggest little thing.

Maybe some new medieval decorations with new update? Like new sings etc.

RedKetchup

for the moment i didnt plan to do any decoration nor edit my old decoration items mod.

i finished to add 2 sets of canal system :)

New Medieval Canals : using the brick texture i was using on every building.
Old Medieval Canals : using a more colonial texture made of little rocks that you ve saw lately.

each canal system has 3 different size :
4 tiles (4x) which you ve been testing in beta medieval castle
6 tiles (6x) which is kinda an intermediaire with the large one and the short one
8 tiles (8x) which seems equal the big main river.

each size has 10 icons : End, Straight, Corner, 3-Way, 4-Way, a 1x Filler, Dock, FishingDock, Gate, and TradingPost.
the dock will serve has little storage (1200)

each canal system (brick texture) has 2 'joker' to connect different size of same texture.

i also set up 2 different cattle : cattle will have leather and beef, milky cow will have less beef , but milk. both will have B&W skin.

gonna add barley and shorgun to the mills (thanks to @kralyerg ) and will add mead to tavern.

the launch of version 1.1 will be postponned of around 3 days to finish all little things on everything (check footprints, or other details on everything the mod has)

Kimbolton

RedKethup,

Sounds great. Looking forward to it and thanks again for all your hard work!

RedKetchup

lol i will have pass all the night just to fix the brown footprints  :'(

DesoPL

Water in new canals looks 100% better than in old ones, worth to wait. Through this is only my opinion but. Canals needs some decorations like barrels etc.

assobanana76

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!