News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Underground City Mod

Started by Ocean, Today at 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ocean

Besides the aquaponics project that I'm working on right now, I'm also experimenting with "underground" homes taking inspiration from games like Dwarf fortress and Rimworld. I've got a couple models I'm working with right now that I'm not really satisfied with, so I'll post the updated models later. These homes have placement similiar to mines where the majority of the structure besides the entrance, needs to be in the side of a mountain.

It's a bit stressful dealing with the game's mechanics of mine placement, and the models are really causing me some pain right now. However, functionally, I have a relatively good base. If you've used multifloor home mods, you know that you can "stack" homes in a certain format where it makes sense. That's currently what I'm using to not just build but "Upgrade" the underground cities.

In the span(size) of a single vanilla mine, I'm hoping to be able to allot atleast 10 homes each with capacity for 6 citizens. In addition, after getting the models for the "homes" finished, I want to work on other "upgrades" for the underground city, including taverns, apothecaries, underground farms (primarily fungi), synergistic mines for stone, coal, iron, etc... in hopes of creating not just homes for the underground city but an entire economy in a small space that banished usually doesn't allow building in.

I'm open to more ideas on this. And, admittedly, this likely won't be finished within the month.