News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Not Exactly a Challenge

Started by rkelly17, May 15, 2014, 07:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Here's Ashfordville at 30.

The main town square from Sentinel Hill. This was the hill where townspeople watched for traders and nomads before the church tower was built and gave a higher vantage point.

The main town square from the river.

The Pioneer Cemetery and Memorial. This has become a prime recreational area for the town as people come to remember the early settlers in the old cemetery.

Eastriver was set up as a town just over the river from Ashfordville. This has become the main farming area of the county. First the town square:

A view of the farms South of the town.

While there are farms West of town, Ironton is the industrial centre. This shot of the town square shows the iron mine:

The stone quarry is South of town with housing for the stonecutters.

mariesalias

I am up to year 45 but I will spread out the updates over a couple of days instead of all-at-once.

I decided to go ahead and start on hard as I never like the barn placement anyway. Cinqodisa is established. The first school was built in Year 3.

Year 5 in Cinqodisa finds the population at 30 people and they have most of the basic necessities of life: varied foods, education, fuel, and tools, and storage. As health levels have started dropping a Herbalist hut is being constructed and the sites for the future Market and Trading Deot have been planned out.

Between years 7-9,  the first Hunter's Cabin, Tradeport, Tailor's, and Graveyard are built.

By year 10, the population has grown to 49 people, although the first town death, from old age, is only one year away. Work soon begins on the local Market,  and after some Pepper seeds are traded for, a farming community is planned across the river. A Town Hall and two more Schools are constructed.

Okay, I failed at showing the images in the post. I am short on time right now, so I'll try to fix it later.

Rezulm

Late to the party once again and could only get through the first page of this thread and skim the other pages for awhile, then had this extreme recurring hunger for the chili I made 2 nights ago.  I'm a horrible Banished player...

rkelly17

@mariesalias, tricky the way you snuck that fishing hut in between the mountain and the river. I thought of that but then chickened out and moved the market circle further South.

I find that if I click on your pictures they expand to a nice size where I can see them.

mariesalias

Year 15 in Cinqodisa and the population has grown to 67 people. The central downtown area has expanded to include and boarding house. Across the river to the east a farming community is slowly developing. The people can only grow peppers currently, but hope for some more seeds soon. 

To the west, mines and pastures are planned and the second forestry hub is being built.

Within the next couple of years, a second market will be built, 5 nomads will join the town, and traders will bring the town cattle.

Year 20 brings a new hospital to Cinqodisa. The population is now 97 people and a new trade port is planned.

To the east, two new forestry hubs are in the works.

To the west, the mining/livestock development is still mostly undeveloped.

Over the next ten years, 28 more nomads will wander into town (not all at once) and be welcomed into the town. The 5th school will open, a third market site will be prepared, orchards will be planted, and the second tradeport will will be built. Finally, in year 29, merchants will finally bring sheep to the town!

slink

Life proceeded as usual in Boltona.  People were born, had children, and died.  Everyone went to school, but some fathered children while they were still students.  No one ever gave birth while they were in school.  The population outgrew the pinwheel marketplace plan of the five original old women, and a new marketplace was built with another school, chapel, cemetery, tailor, blacksmith, and woodcutter.  A hospital was also built, although disease had never been seen yet in Boltona.

The first three pictures are of the colony from different positions.  The fourth one is how I am playing the game at the moment.  I have open the two households that still have a student partner, and the four households who consist of only a widow.  There are no widowers at the moment.

Demonocracy

@slink and @mariesalias

Beautiful, as always.  I mean, I'm just marveling over the design and how quaint everything looks.  Amazing.

mariesalias

Okay, so I fixed the links so that the actual pictures show up in my previous post, instead of all the same ones. o.0 

@rkelly17 Your town looks so charming. I love your screenshots. The double bridges are quite picturesque!

@slink  I really do love the way you used your pinwheel design for the market! It looks even better with more crops. I like how your town is full but doesn't appear all crowded-in at all!

@Demonocracy  Thanks, I am afraid my towns are not close to the same level as others. I am working on it though. I tend to end up forgetting form too often though while I am focusing on function. Eventually, I will find a balance.   You should join in the challenge. There is no right or wrong way to do this. :)

mariesalias

I know I just posted above, but I want to post my next update while I have a little free time. :)

By year 30 Cinqodisa has grown to 238 citizens.

Downtown area:

East farming area:

East forestry hubs:

West mining/pasture lands

North orchards area:

During the next decade, two mines will become active, 2 taverns will start producing ale for trade, the third trade port will be built, and south of the downtown area a few chestnut orchards will be planted and a new pasture area will be built. Over these years more then 100 nomads will be rejected. The town has decided to not accept any more nomads unless circumstances become dire. 

Bobbi

I know I am a late entry. Here is my town, Bellevue, through year 30. I used a medium start with slink's vision of a vegetarian society. My peeps subsist on only gathered and grown food. No fishing or hunting or herding is allowed. Wool is purchased through trading post. Until trading post was built, they lived in rags.

first five years

Bobbi

Bellevue in year 10. The village is growing. A church has been built, and the town hall. Everyone is clothed, but not much reserve.

Bobbi

Year 15. Expansion has started towards the north.

Bobbi

Year 20. The founding village has not changed much. The northern expansion is more fleshed out. A fine gatherers forest is even further north.

Bobbi

Year 30. An ambitious project to create a beautiful town center has been initiated. The town hall has been moved, and gracious boulevards have been built.

solarscreen

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics