News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup - Creamery

Started by RedKetchup, September 06, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

yeah but since i did my work backward.... sorry ^^ bah you can have problems if you try to load an old save of milk with this new version :( it can crash. i realized it too late. will know for next time :)

i merged my milk inside my creamery instead to do the opposite ^^ merged and added my creamery inside my milk MOD :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 11, 2014, 04:18:28 AMyou can have problems if you try to load an old save of milk with this new version

Oh well, I'm already staying away from old saves (with any mod)... I just finish a tile with my current selection of mods and then start a new game with the new stuff... I'm not yet at the point where I become really attached to a particular town, there is still so much trial and error anyway.

So closure comes easily...  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Nilla

So, now I have tested your creamery. Downloaded it and tried it on an old game with a lot of pastures, with cows.

Good news: no crash, cows in the old pastures produce milk - much milk , creamery looks nice, icons look nice

Bad news: Something is wrong about your dairymen :(

I made some pictures to explain:

I built 5 creameries on different parts of the map, 2 for cheese, 2 for yogurt and 1 for cream. they where finished in winter/early spring 69-70.

First picture, production after ½ year.  You can see there are plenty of milk in store so that is not the reason, as I looked there was milk in the markets close to the plants. So what have the dairymen bin making all summer? Answer second picture; collecting all kind of stuff they need or not need.

I went on another couple of years, see the other pictures. The same result; very low production, all kind of stuff in the creamery, mostly also milk (and berries). I built a honey maker(your latest version) to see if it was the same thing there, but it wasn´t, seems to work normal.

I have a theory; the dairymen think they are mainly common laborers, collecting all stuff they can, carrying it to their workplaces. Only if there is nothing else to do, they might produce some milk-products. I don´t know if this problem only occurs on games started without the mod. I will run my game a little longer and try to keep a close eye on the dairymen, then I will start a new game and see if they act differently. 

Edit: Now I have watched my dairymen more closely, my theory was wrong. There seems to be nothing wrong with the dairymen, they don´t carry the stuff to their workplace themselves; For some reason, other people use the creamery as a barn!?!? They carry all kind of food in there, this seems to trouble the dairymen, so first of all they carry this stuff away(to the closest market/barn). If there is nothing else there but milk (and berries if they are supposed to make yogurt) they produce fine.

I will now start a new game to see if they act the same way there, or if this strange things only happens in games started without the mod.

.......to be continued......

RedKetchup

ya, the windmill bakery moddler has the same trouble. people put stuff in it like if is the closest storage place  available, and the dairyman spend some time to take out this stuff and put it where is should : barns.

the surprising thing is we use same model as tavern and citizens dont react the same toward taverns. i have a couple of ideas.... and when i ll have a test file to try ... i ll send it to you.

Nilla

OK, glad to hear that you don´t really need my report from the new game.

Here it is anyhow; first year everything was fine, second year they started to put food there from the harvest. Barn wasn´t full. I can understand that the farmer from the cornfield left his corn in the creamery, it is closer, but the pepper??(field empty on the picture) It is directly beside the barn.

and......

I would have bin surprised if you haven´t had any ideas to solve the problem.  ;D

RedKetchup

i am still trying to figure out :)

they are so silly. i am presently testing another build, and tryig to find some fixes.

presently, it happends very less often that they put random stuff in its storage, but still not as perfect as tavern.

i built a tavern next to it, bah not that far, an house between. so i can keep an eye on both in same time.
and i am running at 1x LOL. and checking everyone who enters the creamery ^^
2 things:

probably both happening in the 2 different builds :

the brewer (he is very silly lol) he is stealing the creamery berries lol, and the dairyman need to go pickup some more, but him, more clever, he doesnt go steal the tavern berries lol

2nd thing, i noticed many people, bah some, when they search to gathering food for their house, they go steal some : berries and milk and yogurt from the creamery. and the dairyman go back pickup more milk and more berries from the barn.

they are clowns.

Nilla

:D Clowns yes

I don´t know but there is a main difference to the brewery and other buildings; The people are going to the brewery to get their ale. All other stuff they get at the market, except ale. If you have used the brewery as basic for your creamery, you must have made some changes here, because the cheese are delivered to the market. Maybe something went wrong there?

I bin confident; you will find the bug :)

RedKetchup

yeah i made some changes so they are delivered. we found out, i dunno if you noticed also, ale seems to strickly serves nothing. people take an ale and 'use' it at the tavern, but did you ever happended to check closely and really see a + star or +1/2 star ?

i tried at my beginning to make similar so people go to the creamery and eat a yogurt or a cheese and .... get an +1 hearth or +1/2 hearth like with herbs.... but didnt find out. and there is nothing about 'herbalist' and 'herbs' nothing in the code. like if hard coded directy in the game.

so i dont want the dairy products stay there, i want them going in barns, and try to catch them if we want to sell it before it goes in the houses ^^

irrelevant

The brewery isn't the right model, the blacksmith and the tailor are the right models. Multiple inputs, no storage of other resources.

RedKetchup

i know, but even the tavern use some code from the blacksmith, and this is also how i do. but i think i m getting some ideas :) i ll try to take out the "edible" and try to put just "milk" "berries" to see if it accept my parameters :)

wood is fine, cause wood is wood, same as iron ad stone, it s a class apart. food is food, there is some proteins, vegs fruits etc... but i ll try to see if it can accept only "milk""berries" :)

RedKetchup

nop, i tried "milk" and "blueberries' it compiles but the dairyman is runing back and forth with his milk bucket. he grabs milk from barn, go at creamery, cant see if allowed to put that there , go back to put milk in the barn ^^ and so on

Nilla

Quoteyeah i made some changes so they are delivered. we found out, i dunno if you noticed also, ale seems to strickly serves nothing. people take an ale and 'use' it at the tavern, but did you ever happended to check closely and really see a + star or +1/2 star ?

i tried at my beginning to make similar so people go to the creamery and eat a yogurt or a cheese and .... get an +1 hearth or +1/2 hearth like with herbs.... but didnt find out. and there is nothing about 'herbalist' and 'herbs' nothing in the code. like if hard coded directy in the game.

so i dont want the dairy products stay there, i want them going in barns, and try to catch them if we want to sell it before it goes in the houses ^^

No I havn´t seen any improvement on the happiness neither.

I didn´t mean that the diary products should stay in the dairy, of cause they should be delivered to the markets. But the problems seems to be in that change. Have you tried to change the brewery, that ale is delivered to the markets? I don´t mean that it should be anew mod. Just to get closer to the problem, to see if it also becomes a "small barn".?

RedKetchup

sorry yesterday i ve got to work on a crash boat fix MOD. and since i was really tired , i lost like 4 hrs cause 1 word somewhere at top of a file i never saw. i lost 4 hrs to not understand why it doesnt want to package.

and i slept all last night, up to 830am. gonna check my code today.

RedKetchup

alright.
i think a good night of sleep change things around and is very beneficial :)
i feel today more efficient and more... professionnal ROFL.

Creamery Dairy Products is now final ! :) i fixed everything around :) citizens will most likely totally stop to put random things inside the Creamery building now :)
the dairyman crew will be more efficient :)

keep in mind, always better to remove old creamery in a saved game and rebuild a new one to be sure changes are applied to the creamery buildings.

Changelog:

Changed the way the creamery storage works so citizens will most likely stop and rarely put random stuff inside the creamery. More efficient work time for the dairymen.

Added a fix about General Goods merchant boat crashing while arriving at a trading post causing an overflow with all these new resources.

Nilla

Seems I was right again  ;)
QuoteI bin confident; you will find the bug

I will try the new version tonight and tell you what I think about it.