News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

assobanana76

This will be the first building that will build my future Las Vegans!  8)
but will still be a 6x4?
will be at an angle of the first farmhouse!
if you assure me that all future updates will be saved compatible I start this evening (wife permitting)  ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

haha

still6x4. the towers (and all other things i ll do ... will be Graphic Overlap Technology ™ and won't count ^^)

about  saved compatible.... hehe we never know ! Always do a backup of your save and a backup of your previous Beta build, in case ! we never know ! haha.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

another svreenshot from another angle :)

notice the windows of lower levels :)

assobanana76

Well that goes wrong, I should remove the buildings that changes in the next version ..
I could begin when you finish the section "house" ..
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

a screenshot just for you @assobanana76  :) to show you how it has been done under the house ^^

i dunno what will happends to your river passing beneath ... but keep in mind that is only 1 model, maybe other models will fit better at all your planning ^^

Rayden

Yesterday I tried the new version with an old save and everything worked just fine. :)

RedKetchup

sweet @Rayden  :) keep in mind sometimes i can make little adjustements... a window to the left here.... a wall going much further there... it is still save compatible, but to see the changes you need to build a new one, or replace your old model. your old model will still function though.

assobanana76

ok. saw the footprint so I would say that's not good for the house on the creek!
but maybe using the flatten terrain tool ...
or the first farmhouse then will be entirely on the mainland!

RedKetchup

like i said, it is 1 model, i dunno yet what my imagination will provide for the next ones.... but it can be totally something different and can work with your creek ^^

Vulgarian

Those images are looking great, RedKetchup. Very impressive!

Quote from: Rayden on March 09, 2015, 06:24:09 AM
Yesterday I tried the new version with an old save and everything worked just fine. :)

I have several towns "on the go" and had some issues with the latest mod. I found that if upgrading from too early a version of this newmedievaltown, the game would crash when loading the city. But if I went to an intermediary version first, I could save that and then load it correctly using the newest version.

This worked for all but one of my towns -- I can't find a version of the newmedievaltown mod that would allow it to load, so that save file is likely corrupted. (I do have a save from before adding the newmedievaltown mod, so it's not a total write-off.)

If I placed more than one version of the mod in the mod folder, they all appeared to have the same version number in the mod list. If that number could be updated frequently, it would make it easier to troubleshoot. But it's not the end of the world. I guess that's the price of being on the cutting edge. :D

Cheers!

V

Rayden

I'm playing the same map since the first version of this mod, link on page 3, I think, and overwriting the older versions with new ones. So far so good, town is now on year 114 and no crashes until now.  8)

RedKetchup

alright. yeah it is a given-taken about old saves.,... we never know what can be wrong in a save while the other is just fine.
i will try to put a number of beta version in it so we can know better.

my bad ^^

rkelly17

Holy front porches and towers, Bat Man, this just keep getting better and better! Thanks for your work, @RedKetchup.

Bobbi

These just keep getting better and better. (Jumping up and down). Will you do a third floor model with the gables? Pretty please? Love the gables on second floor, but they will disappear when I put on third floor.