News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Sink Mill: trying for 5000, got 6000 instead

Started by irrelevant, August 15, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

irrelevant

Got bored waiting for the 1.04 to leave beta and for everyone's stuff to stop crashing. So....

In an alternative universe, after accepting 661 nomads, Sink Mill has experienced an outbreak not of smallpox, but of diptheria. Going to see if I can struggle through the lag to reach 6000. Pop now is 5798.

irrelevant

Interesting, the diptheria outbreak is progressing much differently than what the smallpox did. Where the smallpox exploded out into the population in a short time, the diptheria is very slow to spread. It took three months to grow beyond 10 cases. Now there are 60, and while hardly anyone has died from it, there is no hope of stopping it. I think if I could somehow go on playing Sink Mill for another 20 years, the diptheria would never go away.

irrelevant

Wow, I am so awful. I systematically going through the town, evicting elderly couples, and watching young couples and families occupy their homes. I only need 65 more babies. ::)

121 cases of diptheria now. A few deaths.

irrelevant

Late Autumn 75 - pop 5974

All nomads housed; took longer this time, when they weren't dropping like flies ;)

Diptheria, 426 current cases. It's going to slowly keep climbing to god knows what number. No way to stop it, certainly not with 8 hospitals, probably not with 28 or even with 48, not in this town. Not many deaths, though. A dozen maybe.

It's not letting me do a screen cap. That's disturbing.

There it is!

irrelevant

Got up to 5980, then dropped back to 5950. So close. Tearing out some farms and building more houses, trying to generate some unsustainable growth just to reach the number.

RedKetchup

hehe so many infested ^^

did they got ebola ? lol
after they will turn into zombies ?

you need a World War Z mod ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

;D After going thru the smallpox outbreak, this seems like nothing. I'm not even paying attention to them.  ;D

Pangaea

This is nothing compared to smallpox, which all things considered, MAY be the most dangerous disease in the game. This must feel like a slap on the wrist compared :D

Sooooo close, though, so I'm sure you can get there soon.

With such a big city, it would be interesting to see how cholera and plague compares in spread and deadliness compared with the original outbreak of smallpox. Would be a good testing ground :)

From slink's post about diseases:
Disease         Transmission Acquire "1 in" Percent
Name         Time Chance Radius Chance Death Death
Influenza 0.25 0.6 8 100 50 2
Mumps         0.25 0.5 8 90 35 3
Diptheria 0.25 0.55 8 80 80 1
Dysentary 0.25 0.55 8 80 25 4
Yellow Fever 0.25 0.65 8 60 20 5
Scarlet Fever 0.25 0.7 8 50 15 7
Typhus         0.25 0.75 8 40 12 8
Measles         0.25 0.75 8 30 10 10
Tuberculosis 0.25 0.8 8 20 8 13
Smallpox 0.25 0.85 8 10 5 20
Cholera         0.25 0.9 12 5 4 25
Plague         0.25 0.85 12 1 3 33

irrelevant

@Pangaea Well, there's a save file up from right after the nomads came, a page or two back, if you feel like fighting some lag  ;)

Late Spring 76, against my expectation, the epidemic seems to be dying out, down to 46 cases now from ~680 just a couple of months ago.

irrelevant

Early Summer 76 - pop 6000 (sigh)  :)

Now I can stop! The lag has become overwhelming.

Pangaea

Incredible dedication and planning to get to 6000. Very impressive @irrelevant :)

Would be fun to see how a disease like plague plays out on a huge city like this, but it would probably take many tries to get that disease, and it can't be fun to play when it lags badly, and then dealing with so many trading posts. Maybe I'll give it a go at some point, now when I know how to delete the achievements again ;)

Any idea when you may get another batch of nomads? Could be another record  ;D

irrelevant

@Pangaea thanks!

Yes, plague certainly would be interesting. It's a what, 1% chance?

No more nomads, this town is retired. ;D

RedKetchup

big big congrats Irrelevant, you are THE best !

nobody will ever beat that :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Well, I know I won't ;D

Thanks @RedKetchup that means a lot coming from you.