Main Menu

New Medieval Town version 1.02

Started by RedKetchup, May 22, 2015, 02:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

New Medieval Town version 1.0

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=71

New Medieval Town version 1.0

This big mod is the new RedKetchup vision of a medieval town center. This nod will help you to faufill a dense and populated medieval center by pushing further the Graphic Overlap Technology ™ used in Colorful Little House mod.

This mod add:

Blacksmith , Tailor , Tavern : New fresh model based on the original one with its own 2-story residence that can be built ontop of it.
Hunting lodge : has been seperate in 2 , the hunters part, and the residence for the hunters.
Watermill : this is the original watermill i did months ago : Miller, a new profession, working hard to mill grains into flour.
Windmill : totally new model based on the dutch windmill : millers also working there to mill grains into flour.
Bakery : new building with new profession: Baker. Bakers are taking flour and make bread, cakes (with honey) and pies (with honey and some fruits or nuts)
Pond : new building that allow 4 fishermen taking fishes. usefull when the river and water are far on the map.

New 3 story Medieval Houses : each of the 3 floor have 6 different models ( auto rotating or with "F" key ) giving you 216 (6x6x6) possibilities to get a unique different medieval house.

New medieval shops : which can also fit as a first floor and totally compatible with the 2nd floor and 3rd floor medieval residences :
- Apothecary : new and smaller version of herbalist hut, more suitable for a center town.
- Butcher shop : new building and new profession : butcher. The butchers are taking meat (Beef, Mutton and Venison) and are making meat cuts ( Steaks, Chops and Roasts).
- Barber shop : new building held by doctors for an happiness via good health.
- Clinic : new building held by doctors is a smaller version of the hospital, minus the idle attraction.
- Dentist : new building held by doctors for an happiness via good health.
- Library : new building held by clerics take care the 'brain' of your citizens (churches take care of the soul)

Bath house : new building held by doctors for an happiness via good health. this 2-story high building is only compatible with 1x third floor.
School : new education building held by teachers, is more suitable for a more dense population. And it is compatible with the 3rd floor residence.
Water tower : new building held by the traders, provide an easy source of food but poor in nutriment.

Wonder : The Majestic Cathedral is the first wonder of the game. a wonder is a lifetime project for your civilisation. it ask alot of resource and alot of work, but it is so Majestic.

New Vendor shops : These new specialized vendor have high capacity and are fully compatible with the 2nd and 3rd story medieval houses.
- Cloth store : sells all the clothes and the material to craft those clothes.
- Fruit vendor : sells all the fruits, and all the vegetables.
- General store : sells tools, firewood, textiles.
- Meat vendor : sells all meat and all nuts. everything tagged 'proteins'.
- Stone shop : sells everything needed to build new buildings (wood, stone and iron).

in a future release, there will be also some 'corner' Medieval Houses. and some other new feature :)

BUGFIXES and CHANGES :
1.02 : Changed the number of members of the library to 60. reduced alot of almost all building costs BUT the cathedral.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

this version is equal in all aspect to the version on workshop :)

Glenn

Thank you Red,

I have just download the general release version of the mod and want to say it was a pleasure in using the mod when it was being tested in Beta.
If you are looking for something a little easier it may be possible to adapt pre-existing mods from elsewhere with the permission of their creators.

For example in Blender Swap Daniel 74 has a selection of nice mods that could suit your style with a few alterations to the Banished ideal
Daniel offers his mods freely for all to use

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/user/24625

In Sim City 4 there are a host of mods available that could be similarly twigged for Banished -- with the permission of their creators.
From what I can see most creators are happy with a simple acknowledgment of their mod and are flattered that other people want to use them.

D66 ---    http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1284

He has an English cobblestone set that would be nice to use on the outskirts of a main town in a transition zone between urban areas and farmland.

ionionon ---    http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/23513-modular-medieval-port/

Has a very nice medieval trading port and sailing boats
He also has some interesting mines that would greatly enhance what is currently available in Banished.

Thank you for everything that you have done

Darkbibou

Congratulations for all the work done @RedKetchup !

I'm happy to see you back on Steam too :D

I can make the french translation if you send me the StringTable file (if you don't want to do it yourself of course).

RedKetchup

BUGFIXES and CHANGES :
1.02 : Changed the number of members of the library to 60. reduced alot of almost all building costs BUT the cathedral.

DesoPL

If i can suggest something.

What about an farm fields, but protected in greenhouse from rain? It was possible?

RedKetchup

Triskel

@RedKetchup

Downloading and giving the new ponds a try. (I wish you could make somekind of smaller pond to serve as decoration aswell)
Thanks a lot.

PS: I think he means a Greenhouse to protect crops from harsh weather.

@DesoPL

I don't know if you already knew about it but you can get a Greenhouse building using this mod: MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Beta, also by Red.

Here's the link: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=8

Lowell

Been playing version 7 of this, it is a great mod. What I like beyond the great artwork on the three story homes, is the increased population numbers in a smaller package, allowing me to spread things out a tad.  8)

RedKetchup

Darkbibou

Quote from: Darkbibou on May 23, 2015, 02:35:49 AM
Congratulations for all the work done @RedKetchup !

I'm happy to see you back on Steam too :D

I can make the french translation if you send me the StringTable file (if you don't want to do it yourself of course).

Can I get an answer please @RedKetchup ? :)

RedKetchup

oh ya sorry, i forgot ^^

sent

cmac86

I cannot get CC 1.4 working with any mods. Can someone post to me their mod list in their current game?? please can someone help me,

Below i will post the mods that i used before messing up my mod list, the order i had them in worked before i downloaded CC 1.4 and now all i get is an error. Please if someone organise how my list should be so there is no problems.

these are the mods ive used and want to use. they are not in any proper order.

CC1.4
Redketchup medieval town
Redketchup castle mod
Fountain mod
Redketchup colourful house
roads addon
small vendor
beautiful world
Redketchup college
Redketchup library
storage shed
busy laborers
ridiculous storage
months mod
debug menu
professions mod
Cooper map mod
more workers mod
Redketchup docter house
unlimited mines mod
flatten tool mod

as far as i can see this is all the ones i used before 1.4 was released. now when i losd a new game it either gives an error and closed banished or it loads a new game and alot of stuff are missing like the wood cutter, and all resources, normal houses are missing and the time mod is missing. its all messed up

Triskel

I have the same problem, Cmac. I disabled 1.32 and enabled 1.4. That's the only change I made. Same place on the list. I checked their compatible mods list and it should be working fine for me.

It crashes when I start a new game or some buildings are missing.

I'll just stick with CC.EA for the time being. Disabling RedKetchup's medieval mods is not an option to me.

RedKetchup

do you guys have the good upload of it ? of 374.08 mb ?
cause at some point they failed to upload it on BanishedInfo and the file had only 351mb.