News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Forum Challenge #2: 500 Farmers

Started by solarscreen, June 10, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solarscreen

@RedKetchup what a beautiful layout!  Just magnificent!

Don't go away though, they were having some fun with you!  I could tell right away but sometimes it can be hard to tell!

We would never go after you!  Great job!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

irrelevant

@RedKetchup yes, he was pretty clearly just joking around with you. Sometimes stuff like that doesn't translate so well.

edit: non-funny joke removed by author.

RedKetchup

ok, thanks you for the good compliments about my city.

i dunno cause i am french (only talking English since 7-8 years) but the last sentence didnt clearly sound like you were joking. it was only saying 'everything above is' (which was my presentation) was :) :) :) Nice town. thats all. nothing says he was joking.

if i m kidding or joking i always let a : i am kidding. or a j/k (joking) or a ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

mariesalias

Holy.... I knew I should not have peeked in here.  :o   You all are doing great! Especially @RedKetchup!

I'm only up to 200 farmers. If I make it to 500 farmers I will consider my town a success. I am also only placing default number of farmers. We may be away from the computer this weekend, so I may not even be able to get to 500 before it ends. I am looking forward to looking ever everyone's towns after it ends. I think I could learn a lot more about farming.

RedKetchup

i am finding it pretty easy. i just make 2-3 steps, throwing an handfull of seeds to the right ... i do 2-3 more steps and i throw another handfull of seeds the other side, left of the road ... and i continue to walk :P and 1-2 years laters there are food and trees everywhere ^^

i am kidding ^^

irrelevant

Right, that's exactly how I do it....except each of those handsful of seeds takes me an hour of real time to sow :P

irrelevant

Finally made it out to the spot I've been wanting to get at for the past 30 years, some really juicy farming country. Going to make a late push to the finish  :D

edit: Am I actually going to build those outlying foresters? Naaahhhh.

Really lovely terrain for building.

irrelevant

irrelevant

RedKetchup

exactly like your last screenshot  ! go go go ! seeds to the left ... seeds to the right :)

with the number of unemployment ... you can easily get to 800 farmers :)
just to lay down those crops and orchards :) and some barns ^^

irrelevant

Yeah, learned my lesson on the barns. Barns everywhere!

What blows me away is that now that I have placed automatic purchases at the TPs, this town is running itself. I can do monitor construction and release projects as old ones finish without pausing the game all the time.

edit: Hah! That was 30 minutes before I got 6 seed merchants in a row and ran out of fruit; the food inventory nose-dived to 80k for the first time in 20 years, and all the breweries shut down. :o

One thing that would be nice would be a feature where we could scroll back through the last few construction projects to complete, so we would be able to see exactly where there would be unemployed builders. That's the only time I really need to pause now, when I notice that I have unemployed builders and want to figure out what project just completed.

RedKetchup

but the number of laborers... oh god ! i would love to have those !! hehe
in my book they are also unemployed people :)

irrelevant

Yeah, well, half of those laborers are going to be farmers here in a few days. ;D

irrelevant

@salamander Looking back, the joke I made at your expense the other evening wasn't really very funny. My apologies to you sir. I guess I was feeling a bit too comfortable here.

salamander

@irrelevant -- I probably deserved it  ;), and honestly, no offense was taken.  I seem to have a well-developed ability to stick my foot in my mouth.  I do feel bad about the misunderstanding with @RedKetchup, and I hope there are no hard feelings.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out exactly what happened over on the SRS forum.  It seemed like a simple misunderstanding, but the person in question seemed to get stuck in skipping-needle-on-a-record mode.  I was just trying to nudge the needle back on track.  I may have inadvertently scratched the record, and if so, I feel sort of bad about that, too.