News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Quatre Bras: incorporating mods

Started by irrelevant, October 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This kind of housing could be revolutionary. It'll be interesting to see what happens here in 20 years.

RedKetchup

my lovely little houses are so awesome ! really !

i cant beleive they didnt like my new creamery building though.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

There is no accounting for people's taste, @RedKetchup. It's a fact that you can't please everyone, so you just have to please yourself. You make good stuff, if they don't like it, it's their loss.

irrelevant

Year 42 - pop 627

Okay, I now officially have no idea what I am doing. I like this town, it is at a manageable size, and things seem to be fairly well balanced. I'm going to try to do something I have been thinking of for some time, and that is to slow the pop growth gradually until it is as close to flat as I can make it (yeah, right).

The hope is that if I can reach something resembling stability, I will be able to set up auto-trading for the things I'm not self-sufficient in, and just let the thing run. We'll see.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas or just anything at all, I'd love to hear it!

irrelevant

What I'm thinking is, the only real feedback I have is comparing the number of children to the number of students. Since children enter school at age 10, and they mostly take 5-6 year to become educated, I should aim to have 40-50% more children than I have students. If I have fewer children (as I do now) I should work on increasing pop, gradually, until I reach that ratio.

Does this seem reasonable?

irrelevant

Interesting thing, I just built my third @RedKetchup root cellar. The first two were total busts, no one ever put anything in either of them. This last one was going to be the final trial. Now, I have guys lined up bringing stuff to put in it, from the second it was complete. The only thing that is different about this one is that it is not in the radius of a market. The guys bringing stuff to it certainly are coming from inside market radii. But maybe there is something hard-coded that gives preference to food storage that is not close to a market? I can't think offhand of anything else that would account for this.

Nilla

The stable population, that is an interesting thing. I have tried it with a medium success. ; I would love to hear how you will manage. Probably much better than I did. You have that patience that I lack.

As far as I can say it is not possible (=extremely hard and time-consuming) to let it "run", keeping the population stable . If you stop building houses, there will be this famous sinus-graph. If you build few new houses; the same, not so extreme and with a slowly growing population. My best attempt was as I used boarding houses, setting all houses of families with grown up children (and old singels) for demolition, to get new young couples as the population started to decrease.

The only possibility I can see, is to try to get a population with a "perfect" age-structure, using this boarding-house-trick for several cycles.

Or maybe, you discover something else. I wish you luck and will certainly follow your efforts, even if I have decided to make a Banished brake for a while.

Forgot one thing; when it comes to a baby-boom - slow it down ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 01, 2014, 08:35:49 PM
Interesting thing, I just built my third @RedKetchup root cellar. The first two were total busts, no one ever put anything in either of them. This last one was going to be the final trial. Now, I have guys lined up bringing stuff to put in it, from the second it was complete. The only thing that is different about this one is that it is not in the radius of a market. The guys bringing stuff to it certainly are coming from inside market radii. But maybe there is something hard-coded that gives preference to food storage that is not close to a market? I can't think offhand of anything else that would account for this.

i dunno which mod you are using , but there is definetly 1 mod that interfere with Silos. we didnt found out which one yet, but there is 1 that make my silo not working properly.
i always thought there was one mods that change the 'grain flag' or the grains resources into something else, but it is possible there still something else.

can you tell me if in your game, if the 'grain flag' merchant still carry 'grains' ?

irrelevant

@RedKetchup I'm using Jamie's Merchant's and Trade Fix. The merchants are Livestock, Orchard, Crop, General Goods, and one called "________." I presume this last one is the grain merchant; she does bring grain.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Yes, the crop merchant has grain, as does the general goods merchant.

I guess the category "edible" includes all foods.

RedKetchup

yes

but we know there is a mod, but didnt figured out yet
do you have the tool for erasing mountains ?

irrelevant

yes; I used it when I built the third root cellar, but I can't remember if I used it with the other two that never got used.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

I read it, nothing there says anything to me. For me, the only thing that makes sense in my instance is that the first two root cellars are inside a market circle, and the third root cellar is not, it is completely out in the middle of nowhere. There are many half-empty barns and markets (and also a closer empty root cellar, you can see it in that screenie at upper center) closer to where these people are coming from, but they walk right past them to store food in this remote root cellar.